Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 13:55   #1
Resident Waffler

Angry Not a happy Willow!

All full of the joys of spring I had plans for a spot of gardening today and keeping fingers crossed that it wouldn't rain.

Chuffed to bits when I saw that it was fine this morning.

Now we've only got a small garden and a few tubs but it's nice to try to make it look attractive as you approach the house so we'd got a few bedding plants and some stuff for the hanging basket and some Miracle Grow for the tubs.

So why am I not a happy bunny?

Somebody has nicked me flamin' acer! I looked at where it should be and there it wasn't! Some theiving so and so had uprooted it and made off with it in the night! It was a nice one too. I'd nurtured and pruned it from a baby. I just hope nobody comes back and nicks anything else. Not long ago somebody took a plant out of next door's garden too. Somebody somewhere is probably making a very nice garden out of stuff they've nicked off of other people. I hope they get greenfly and nasty spiders.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2007, 13:57   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Not a happy Willow!

Not Guilty willow, whats an acer?
Old 07-05-2007, 14:02   #3
God Member

TUT! Sorry to hear that Willow Theivin gits! Chop their bloody fingers off if you catch em
Old 07-05-2007, 14:02   #4
I am Banned

Yeh i know what u mean, think its the curse of little front gardens, some theiving get knicked off with my pretty flowers [cant pronounce or spell the name] they were so bold to do it during daylight caught them running off with them, some guilty hubby hoping a bunch of freshly picked pretty flowers would get them in the good bucks - cheap skate!!

Tho i wish someone would nick my big bush & do me a favour LOL!!!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 14:11   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Tho i wish someone would nick my big bush & do me a favour LOL!!!!! another thread degenerates.
Old 07-05-2007, 14:31   #6
Beacon of light

Why do people do things like that?
They have even stolen the plants from Mercer park.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 15:47   #7
Resident Waffler

For the benefit of the non-horticultural amongst us. This is a bloodgood acer same type as the one that got nicked only bigger. Mine was in a nice pot. At least they left the pot behind! I have now put something else in the pot. I shall be deeply disgruntled if anything else goes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg acerbloodgood15.jpg (46.6 KB, 112 views)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 17:26   #8
God Member

Its a nice looking plant. Plant them if you catch em we will provide an alibi if and when it happens.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 17:52   #9

I hope you catch the ****** that,s done that to you and cut there hands off
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 17:53   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I was also rather frustrated at a house I lived in, it was a council house with a long open garden, once a fortnight the council came around and mowed the lawn.

One bank holiday we had gone for a look around a flower show, we enjoyed the display and the plants they offered for sale were very reasonable so we bought a car full.
Following day I put flower beds in, the day after (Monday), I planted garlands of flowers. My neighbors spent the evening complementing us on the display and the effort we had put into making the place so attractive.

8.30 Tuesday morning the lawn mower guy came around and cut the tops off everything, when I rang to complain, (after all I was a touch disappointed), I was told, the bloke had done what was proper, we as tenants can't touch the lawn and the mower man has to go right up to the edges.

I gave up gardening after that.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 17:55   #11
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
For the benefit of the non-horticultural amongst us. This is a bloodgood acer same type as the one that got nicked only bigger. Mine was in a nice pot. At least they left the pot behind! I have now put something else in the pot. I shall be deeply disgruntled if anything else goes.

Geez, Willow, quit ya whinging! From the above pic. looks like you've got plenty to share!

Hold on, just trying to get a bit of a smile. I thinks that is so down right dasterdly for someone to do that. Talk about feeling violated. Pretty brazen too.

Are the laws the same for that kind of theft as well as damage as it ids for breaking and entering? I think it should be. Not sure about over there but those are pretty expensive trees also.

What do they do with them ya think; plant em or sell em? A good thought for the future might be to some how mark the tree to make it more identifyable. My American thought, and NO it involves NO shooting (we ARE NOT all that violent geez! ).

Dig a huge bear-trap, and put alot of those wicked sharp pointed sticks in the bottom. Fill the bottom with a gallon or two of gas. As these nasty blokes fall in, they'll scream in pain, dropping their cigs into the gas. You and busman can quickly cover up their singed bodies to avoid any potential legal ramifications.

Just a more peaceful thought from America !

Boy that really has me angry for you Willow. There has to be something for all of you guys to prevent this. I truly hope a serious solution can be found!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 18:29   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

cheers for that willow,least i now know what an acer is, totally beyond me how anyone could be arsed, to uproot one of them and nick it, but as you comment i'm a non-horticultural.
Old 07-05-2007, 18:54   #13
God Member

I would be very cross too, Acer's are quite expensive to buy especially if its a large one that might have been their motivation. Its that time of year again, last year some of my neighbours had their hanging baskets stolen, why are these people never caught?
Old 07-05-2007, 19:19   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
why are these people never caught?
Just getting to the root of the problem .. Sorry, shouldn't laugh at me attempts at a joke.

Actually slightly changing the subject, not plants, but lights .. all me bulbs have gone in my garden lights, and just spent money on replacements .. more than the blooming lights; and now the little beggers won't go in.

Have been looking at solar lights .. had one in the past .. waste of space, thought I would pay a little more ... would like at least 6, but around £50 plus for two ! Problem is Willow, the garden theft issue sorta' put me off today. Also, can they really work ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 19:34   #15
God Member

We have some solar light in our garden, they do work but never get really bright, sorry for thread wander.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..