Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2007, 19:02   #46
God Member

Re: Dingles without a manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
i see this man has been linked to the dingles in todays press, surely its a wind up by some over exuberant rovers fan

LEAD BALLOON springs to mind
I'm suprised he hasn't talked himself out of any future job, his middle name is 'Subtle' isn't it.

He is todays favourite at the bookies, yesterday it was Souness. Do you reckon Dalglish might be in the frame tomorrow
Old 13-11-2007, 21:49   #47
Senior Member+

god im bored
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Homer.jpg (39.4 KB, 12 views)

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 21:55   #48
white rabbits

#46 (permalink) vbrep_register("493254")
Today, 20:02
this picture of bertie bee has just cheered me up ,thanks lancsdave....
Old 22-11-2007, 09:50   #49
God Member

New manager confirmed as Owen Coyle. A scotsman who played for the Republic Of Ireland
Old 22-11-2007, 10:00   #50
God Member

Has he??? i not heard he was confirmed as manager, just that the talks have been given the go ahead to speak with him after compensation was agreed, mmmm maybe McClaren took all the press

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 10:05   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Has he??? i not heard he was confirmed as manager, just that the talks have been given the go ahead to speak with him after compensation was agreed, mmmm maybe McClaren took all the press

I have inside information
Old 22-11-2007, 10:08   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I have inside information
is our inside info correct??? hehehehe be a it of a shock to find McClaren there instead now he's unemployed

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-11-2007, 10:17   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
is our inside info correct??? hehehehe be a it of a shock to find McClaren there instead now he's unemployed
Burnley Football Club is delighted to announce that Owen Coyle has been appointed as new first team manager.

The 41-year-old leaves Scottish Division One side St Johnstone to take up his first managerial post south of the border.

Coyle, whose win ratio as a manager in Scotland was almost 50 per cent, has agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal at Turf Moor.

The former Bolton Wanderers striker, who has previously been offered three Scottish Premier League manager's positions, was formally unveiled at a media conference on Thursday morning.

Burnley chairman Barry Kilby said: "There were some outstanding candidates for the post, but Owen has all the credentials to make a success of his appointment.

"He is hungry for the opportunity to manage in England after an impressive start to his career in Scotland.

"The fact that Scotland manager Alex McLeish took time out from preparing his country's huge Euro 2008 qualifier against Italy to sing Owen's praises shows he has the support of some top people.
Old 22-11-2007, 10:19   #54
God Member

Well only time will tell if he is going to do well for Burnley, so dreams of free season ticket on hold for a year or 2 then

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-11-2007, 10:47   #55
God Member

It's a shame Burnley jumped so quickly, McClaren's looking for a job! Although given his recent form it's unlikely anyone will want him!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 10:48   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wether he turns out a good manager or not, dont detract from the fact- theve appointed him cos its a " Cheap Option"
Old 22-11-2007, 10:56   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wether he turns out a good manager or not, dont detract from the fact- theve appointed him cos its a " Cheap Option"
We don't have the luxury of being subsidised like Premier leagues teams
Old 22-11-2007, 11:49   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
We don't have the luxury of being subsidised like Premier leagues teams
true but am a bit surprised, the guy has no "league" experiance would have thought ya needed someone that knew his way around the "Lower leagues" cash not being plentiful down there.
Old 22-11-2007, 11:57   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
true but am a bit surprised, the guy has no "league" experiance would have thought ya needed someone that knew his way around the "Lower leagues" cash not being plentiful down there.
I think there were 2 options available, your standard journeyman managers like Peter Reid, Mickey Adams etc, or there are those who are termed' up and coming'. The former have achieved naff all despite many attempts, the latter is a bit more exciting we hope. Even the greats can screw it up, ask Jose
Old 22-11-2007, 13:33   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I think there were 2 options available, your standard journeyman managers like Peter Reid, Mickey Adams etc, or there are those who are termed' up and coming'. The former have achieved naff all despite many attempts, the latter is a bit more exciting we hope. Even the greats can screw it up, ask Jose
agree with that,still think it would have been better with an "up and coming" that knew his way around the English leagues, nevertheless i wish him well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..