Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 09:27   #1

Cartoon.

I currently make leaded lights (see Stained glass design and repair) and write on a freelance basis for a living. I have a PhD in Politics from Leeds University and I graduated from Lancaster University in the same subject in 1981. In the early 1990s, I wrote hundreds of comic scripts for IPC/Fleetway Comics, mostly in Whizzer and Chips. I wrote all the Bumpkin Billionaires scripts featuring Miss `Creepy’ Crawley; the iconic Tarman of the Jungle (The Ape-man who resurfaces roads in his spare time) and many others. The most famous of all the stories I was responsible for is probably Watford Gapp – King of the Rap which the legendary Tom Paterson created and drew but for which I wrote nearly all of the 150+ scripts – in verse. My reason for joining this forum is to take this idea one step forward and write specifically about Accrington and football: I want to find someone – preferably who supports Accrington Stanley FC - to draw the cartoons for the strip I have come up with.

I support Morecambe football club. Like most other soccer fans, though, I’ve always taken an interest in what has happened to Accrington Stanley. For me, Morecambe and Stanley are out of the same box: we are authentic non-League teams trying to play good football in League Two against the odds: small crowds; limited resources etc etc. Accrington’s former financial woes and their current troubles are well documented and I would like to make a contribution to help keep them afloat. As mentioned above, I have come up with an idea for a comic strip which I want to put in the Club’s programme: I think it will soon attract a wider audience in other clubs’ publications and thus generate a new revenue stream for the club. I’ve got the idea; I have the marketing ideas – all I need is for someone to produce the artwork. If you are interested – or know anyone who might be – please get them to contact me via the forum.
TheDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2009, 10:54   #2
God Member

Re: Cartoon.

nice idea Doc

If you want crap drawings then I don't mind doing it ... but they won't look the same each time!

I'll let someone else volunteer
Old 10-09-2009, 19:51   #3
Full Member+

I got my own crayons

What have you got in mind, my mate is very talented at that sort of stuff.

I can only draw buildings and plans
Old 10-09-2009, 21:42   #4
Senior Member+

wow the Bumpkin Billionaires one of my all time favourite comic strips superb!!

top stuff I hope some one out there can make this happen but I struggle to draw the curtains!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 17:21   #5

Sounds like an ideal guy to have on your show Lowie
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 08:50   #6

Thanks for the reply. If you or your mate want to send me an e-mail at [email protected] I could send you a couple of scripts to think about. Cheers, Roger Fitton.
Old 14-09-2009, 08:52   #7

Thanks for the reply. If you or your mate want to send me an e-mail at [email protected] I could send you a couple of scripts to think about. Cheers, Roger Fitton

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..