Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 20:35   #46
God Member

Re: hughes to city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Not good enough.............What about Big Frank from Barcelona...he's looking for work?
Ahhhh but where's your foreign fat jack tho see look what you blues turned footy into Should stick to grass roots & all the fun of lower league footy, makes it the more exciting....now come on & don a red n white shirt again u know u all want to

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2008, 20:36   #47
God Member

heard it is deffo big sam he has cut his holiday short and came back...dont know why rovers supporters dont like souness he took you out fo the quagmire you were in and won you your last piece of silverware
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:39   #48

sam,mclaren and shearer are the names bein touted. Newell was on course for a possible candidate but hes career went dwindling after having sell his best players and all that bung inquiry. Hoddle has great knowledge but talks about unrelated matters to much. kenny???
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:40   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
That's more the quality I was thinking of. Sorry BR but I don't think Big Sam would be good enough. Rovers have got to a very good position now, loads of potential. They need a class manager who can build on the success and take them forward. To me, Big Sam is a mid-table calibre manager and couldn't take Rovers forward.

fair comment, BUT could rovers attract a manager of that quality ??..im not so sure, sometimes you have to accept second best !!

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:41   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Ahhhh but where's your foreign fat jack tho see look what you blues turned footy into Should stick to grass roots & all the fun of lower league footy, makes it the more exciting....now come on & don a red n white shirt again u know u all want to
Touting for custom.....That's what I call a loyal supporter.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:43   #51
God Member

just a crap piece of useless info for ya all, did you know that Sam Allardyce used to associate with the Kray twins?

bet you'll all sleep better tonight knowing that wont ya
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:44   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
fair comment, BUT could rovers attract a manager of that quality ??..im not so sure, sometimes you have to accept second best !!
Rovers are a Premier League club of high standing, and as such should go for the best............Second best is not good enough.

Old 03-06-2008, 20:46   #53
God Member

Quote:
If Rijkaard would be allowed full control over his backroom staff I should think he'd relish the opportunity. Managing in the biggest league in the world, taking a club hovering in European places to play with the big boys, opportunity to make a point against Barca... doesn't seem too far-fetched to me. But you never know. I just think Rovers should set their sights higher than Allardyce to start off with before settling with the guy.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:47   #54
God Member

Quote:
Touting for custom.....That's what I call a loyal supporter.
Shucks been sussed............yes to both, im taking osc memberships support ya local little historic club

i'll keep trying

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:49   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Rovers are a Premier League club of high standing, and as such should go for the best............Second best is not good enough.

im by no means sayin it is good enough, but any manager knows that rovers have no money to compete with the big boys, we will always be a 6-10th place side, no "TOP" manager is gonna come here and accept that...simple as....we gotta be realistic royboy !!!

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 03-06-2008, 20:51   #56

I cant see rikjaard taking it. Is klinnsman still germany manager
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:54   #57
God Member

Quote:
im by no means sayin it is good enough, but any manager knows that rovers have no money to compete with the big boys, we will always be a 6-10th place side, no "TOP" manager is gonna come here and accept that...simple as....we gotta be realistic royboy !!!
If the 5 Million as reported is to be given to Rovers for Mark Hughes....Give Frank the five million for a four year contract............nothing lost for Rovers...........I think he would snap your hand off........I think that might be realistic?

Old 03-06-2008, 20:58   #58
Senior Member+

I dont think he will go to city , but if offered at chelsea who would blame him! Better players , better ground and most of all better better better money and more fans! Ive always been anoyed that blackburn are a club in the premiership , who are always in the top ten and they dont get the attendances! What is wrong with the fans!!!

I think if hughes does go you can say goodbye to bentley and santa! I also think if hughes does go you may not yet get big sam , they where also putting up mclaren on the list for the job! I think in a few years rovers will be in the Championship! Unless you get big fat sam!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 20:59   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
If the 5 Million as reported is to be given to Rovers for Mark Hughes....Give Frank the five million for a four year contract............nothing lost for Rovers...........I think he would snap your hand off........I think that might be realistic?

so then he would be coming for the money!!! i dont want somebody here just for that, i want somebody who would take pride in the club i love !!

Old 03-06-2008, 21:03   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I dont think he will go to city , but if offered at chelsea who would blame him! Better players , better ground and most of all better better better money and more fans! Ive always been anoyed that blackburn are a club in the premiership , who are always in the top ten and they dont get the attendances! What is wrong with the fans!!!

I think if hughes does go you can say goodbye to bentley and santa! I also think if hughes does go you may not yet get big sam , they where also putting up mclaren on the list for the job! I think in a few years rovers will be in the Championship! Unless you get big fat sam!

if he went to chelski i would fully understand for the reasons youv;e said, but why o why join city ....rovers...championship...:r ofl38:

and as for saying bye bye to bently,, thats a certainty anyway...and santa....well 1 more season and he'd be off anyway....just hope if he does go he wants to take mccarthy with him...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..