HISTORY:
A church has been on the site since 642 AD,This church sometimes referred to as 'church Kirk' was founded by St. Oswald in 1100AD and the font also dates from around the same period.The church is famous for the stained glass windows depicting the four Evangelists (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John) by the artist Burn-Jones.
The tower dates from the late medieval period, and the nave was built in 1804–05.The stained glass in the south nave windows was replaced in 1918 following damage caused by an explosion in a nearby ammunition factory

.
The church is constructed in sandstone with slate roofs. In the body of the church the stone is coursed, but in the tower it is uncoursed and roughly hewn. The plan consists of a five-bay nave, a three-bay chancel, and a west tower. The tower is supported by buttresses, and has a low rectangular west door, above which is a three-light Perpendicular window. There are Perpendicular bell openings on three sides of the tower, and a clock on the fourth side.
ENJOY
4CEE1D5D-1C15-4D91-BAEB-132F5AC67C9E_zpsnb5rmh1n.jpg8B07B74B-7AEF-4FB7-B010-DF9108C344BF_zpsxzv0ko8f.jpg103AD0A1-E083-480A-B31D-8BEEB58DDCE0_zpsffgin7sr.jpgDSCF1994.jpg
DSCF2058_zps2651d4b1.jpgFCECEF8B-0627-4486-9546-1CAEDABFD8BC_zpsvk1az9jk.jpg
thumb_zps428d9fda.jpgDSCF2002.jpgDSCF2003.jpgDSCF2005.jpg