Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 16:05   #106
God Member

Re: Peterborough -V- Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
That and Robbie taken off could have had something to do with it, have to see what the people who went have to say when they get back
True, true.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2006, 16:05   #107
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy
Here here Doug, we really should'nt be throwing away leads, however its kinda hard to be too critical as we werent there ( not that Im saying you were bieng!), hopefully someone who went can give us a better idea of what went wrong?
I'm with you on that my friend.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 16:15   #108

Serious beer needed now!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:23   #109
Resting in Peace

Peterborough fans on their forum say Accy the best away team for ages and should have been anything from 4-0 to 8-0 up by half time, and this:-

"linesman never flagged up twice and that cost Accrington 2 goals" . Plus 200 away fans outsinging the 3900 crowd.
What do any of the 200 think?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:18   #110

I've come on here just to say that i agree, you were the best team we have seen at LR for a long time....in the 1st half. We should have been dead and buried. You hit the woodwork twice, perfectly good goal ruled out and your player missed an open goal. But when it went in 1-0 at half time we knew we still had the cahnce to win it, when we had a perfectly good goal ruled out at the start of the half, the ref evend it up with a strange penalty decision, crow scored, mclean scored. 3 in 3 mins and to be honest you never looked like coming back. Even when you scored thet goal to make it 3-2 no-one in the ground looked that worried as i think that was 1 of 2 shots in the 2nd half for you. If i have ever seen a game of two halves that was it. But if your team continues to plow on the pressure like you did in the 1st half, there is no reason why your away form shouldnt pick up.
t-maseposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:26   #111
God Member

have to say thanks to t-maseposh for a very balanced view of the match, makes a nice change from some of the opposing teams numpty fans that come on here to slag us off!!!!

so cheers t-maseposh

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 20:55   #112
Junior Member+

it was a great game if you were a neutral. if you're a red however it was 45 minutes of the best football you've seen stanley play to be followed by the worst 15 minutes for many a year.

we just cannot handle the physical side of the game. all the football yesterday was played by stanley but when posh started throwing their weight around we didnt stand up to them - it was notts county all over again.

if procky and jay harris can learn how to boss things in midfield and do the dirty work for craney, todd, bocco and doherty we can win this league. unfortunately we might have to wait till next season though...
Old 05-11-2006, 22:14   #113
God Member

2BR said that Doherty had a great game, can anybody confirm this? is he starting to show flashes of the 500k signing that he was?
Old 05-11-2006, 22:47   #114
God Member

168 stanley fans which is abysmal.. only 14 on the fraser eagle coach.

First half was the best I have seen stanley play in a long long time... second half we wern't as effective but they did up there game and had a mad few minutes scoring three but thats all they had.. enough to win it though

Craney was shooting everything into the stands then slammed one in the net. That's good enough for me.. miss 4 hit 1 and score will keep me happy.. He rounded the keeper and faced with an open net missed... But all in all he had his best game this season playing up front instead of midfield and he seemed to really enjoy himself.

Todd.. I was going with Welch for Player of the season so far but now I would go with Todd.. He has been fantastic lately.. He is one of a few players who will really get stuck in.. But more than that he runs for everything.. fights for everything and wins a lot.. not scared to shoot he rattled one onto the crossbar and a had a few words with there goalie about it... todd is the hardest worker in the team and a playmaker..

Dunbavin .. Made some truly magnificent saves... i was opposit end to him but first half I was with the Peterborough fans and the amount of times they thought they had scored only for dunbavin to pluck it out of the air... the only time I wanted Elliot in goal was when they got the penalty.. I would start Dunbavin every time.. scared of nothing and kept us in the game..

Doherty. He made a loverly chip that the whole ground thought was a wayward cross until it hit the post... he is getting the crosses in which is what counts.. But still a bit lightwieght in the tackles...if he loses the ball he doesn't chase to try and get it back ... however again.. he is getting crosses in and thats what counts.

Mullin.. Doing what he does best.. he must start every game.

Eric Whalley .. God help you all if he ever leaves the club and stuff the lot of you suggesting he can't do anymore... Eric is mister Accrington Stanley.. pray he never leaves..
Old 06-11-2006, 00:02   #115
Member.

Quote:
Eric Whalley .. God help you all if he ever leaves the club and stuff the lot of you suggesting he can't do anymore... Eric is mister Accrington Stanley.. pray he never leaves
Amen to that, sometimes people feel the need to blame others for our misadventures rather than to accept that to win, we might need to lose a few.

Thank you Mr K. Nice to have you back, hope you found your recent holiday to be restful.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39   #116
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Dunbavin .. Made some truly magnificent saves... i was opposit end to him but first half I was with the Peterborough fans and the amount of times they thought they had scored only for dunbavin to pluck it out of the air... the only time I wanted Elliot in goal was when they got the penalty.. I would start Dunbavin every time.. scared of nothing and kept us in the game.
The League Paper on Sundays have a League Two best team of the day and a worst team of the day. Ian Dunbavin has been the goalkeeper for the worst team of the day for the last three weeks. Not necessarily my opinion but just the opinion of an unbiased reporter.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:47   #117
I am Banned

Think you will find that The League Paper, like most Daily's will use a local reporter ( ie Dany used to do the Stanley reports for the Non League paper)to file their reports.

Consequently the last two away reports marking Dunbavin as the worst keeper in League 2 would have been Hereford and Peterboro opinions
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:02   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred
Consequently the last two away reports marking Dunbavin as the worst keeper in League 2 would have been Hereford and Peterboro opinions
Peterborough also have two players in the sinners of the week.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..