Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Something to make you wonder where time has gone (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/something-to-make-you-wonder-where-time-has-gone-35980.html)

Royboy39 30-04-2008 23:10

Re: Something to make you wonder where time has gone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 569729)
... and everyone who was alive at the time seems to remember what they were doing when they heard the news of Kennedy's assasination.

Sorry Eric...I was 24 then..young and daft...I remember the whole sequence of events regarding the assasination but cannot for the life of me remember what I was doing at the time.

steeljack 30-04-2008 23:21

Quote:

... and everyone who was alive at the time seems to remember what they were doing when they heard the news of Kennedy's assasination ... .

I had an after school job in a television rental shop , it was a Friday afternoon/tea time and the shop became packed with folks who came in paying their weekly 7/6d and didn't want to leave.

(wonder how many rent their televisions these days ;) )

Eric 30-04-2008 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 569768)
I had an after school job in a television rental shop , it was a Friday afternoon/tea time and the shop became packed with folks who came in paying their weekly 7/6d and didn't want to leave.

(wonder how many rent their televisions these days ;) )

You worked for Granada? Oh for the days that I played snooker at tea time:D

Eric 30-04-2008 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 569745)
They first appeared on a programme called, I think, People and Places. It was 1962 and I had only been married a month or so and was staying with my parents as my husband was on a course with the RAF. I remember my dad and I were watching the programme and I said, "They're good." My dad, a former dance-band drummer, said it was a pity the drummer (Ringo) didn't know how to hold his sticks properly. :D

That was it; "People and Places" .... followed by Coronation Street on ??Tuesdays and Thursdays?? Ena Sharples and Minnie Caldwell rule:theband:

Eric 30-04-2008 23:39

Oh, and Albert Tatlock too.

Eric 30-04-2008 23:41

And Len Fairclough ... I gotta quit this eh.

jaysay 01-05-2008 09:32

Quote:

I remember watching Sputnik in '57 ... it was on bonfire night ... and sitting up waiting for the first Telstar broadcast ... Remember the first tv appearance of the Beatles on Jimmy Saville's show ... and everyone who was alive at the time seems to remember what they were doing when they heard the news of Kennedy's assasination ... I was playing snooker at the Con Club in Accy when is saw it on the tv ... Black and white of course. And I was underage at the time. Beer tasted better when you were under age.

I was at the Youth Club in St Mary's Centre in Lock Street when I heard about Kennedy's assasination

cashman 01-05-2008 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 569759)
Sorry Eric...I was 24 then..young and daft...I remember the whole sequence of events regarding the assasination but cannot for the life of me remember what I was doing at the time.

and i was younger n no doubt dafter, was either rat arsed or stoned n honestly not a clue where i was, like royboy i remember everything virtually, but "NOT" where i was.

beechy 02-05-2008 14:07

i seem to recall playing snooker up the Elite at
the time JFK was shot :(

Eric 02-05-2008 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 569860)
and i was younger n no doubt dafter, was either rat arsed or stoned n honestly not a clue where i was, like royboy i remember everything virtually, but "NOT" where i was.

Plus ca change .... :hidewall: