Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 24-03-2014 20:19

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099513)
Your are right, I get them mixed up , as you say, cormorants hang around Dean Clough Reservoir but I never get close enough to snap.

This was on the opposite bank and I thought Max would have scared it off. It stopped for a while before taking off never taking it's beady eye off Max

davemac 24-03-2014 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1099507)
Today I went off to Hesketh Park.
1) sign detailing the attractions and the walks
2) spring flowers - a carpet of them.
3) A very ornate fountain - alas not working today
4) 'Come on lads, pies have come'......feeding the birds.
5) watching to see if the pies are coming. A congregation of birds.
6) 'One day I WILL catch one of those ducks'......missed again
7) Purple Crocus.
8) Pretty blue flowers. I have to call them that......I don't have a clue as to what they are...but Davemac will be along in a mo.
9) Looking through the trees to the lake.
10) Had a swift blow on the pier before I got the bus back home.

As you can see from the pics the day was very kind. Gave me lots of sunshine. Recharged my batteries very nicely.

Looks like a nice day out, 2 and 8 are Glory of the Snow (Chinadoxa)

Margaret Pilkington 24-03-2014 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1099514)
Great Pics Margaret. Welcome Back

I only went for the day Frank :) In fact it was only half a day....got the 10:20
bus out and the 14:20 bus back.
Got wet knees and thought of Davemac :D

Margaret Pilkington 24-03-2014 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099520)
Looks like a nice day out, 2 and 8 are Glory of the Snow (Chinadoxa)

I knew you would know what they were.(and now I do too)
When I saw them from a distance I thought they were bluebells and yet they weren't quite the right colour.
I know....I must get to Specsavers. More so because on the pier I though I had come across a dead pigeon. When I got closer it was only a dead pizza box - nothing like a pigeon.

davemac 24-03-2014 20:44

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, the nice weather has brought out an early flush of Fungi.

1. - 4. Arboreal fungi.
5. This bloke said what shall I carve, I said I don't know, but make it snappy.
6. He also did a seat.
7. Up to the focal point.
8. A recently re-built wall, it doesn't perform any function, so must have been a learning exercise.
9. View across the field in the direction of Baxenden.
10. Pendle in the distance.

davemac 24-03-2014 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1099522)
I knew you would know what they were.(and now I do too)
When I saw them from a distance I thought they were bluebells and yet they weren't quite the right colour.
I know....I must get to Specsavers. More so because on the pier I though I had come across a dead pigeon. When I got closer it was only a dead pizza box - nothing like a pigeon.

They were not used much in this area, although they are starting to be planted more, there is a small crop in the garden at the bottom of Avenue Parade. They look and feel very much like a bluebell, but a tad too soon for them.
A pizza box is a bit of a stretch for a pigeon, its a good job you didn't have a shotgun.

maxthecollie 24-03-2014 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099523)
Today in Pictures, the nice weather has brought out an early flush of Fungi.

1. - 4. Arboreal fungi.
5. This bloke said what shall I carve, I said I don't know, but make it snappy.
6. He also did a seat.
7. Up to the focal point.
8. A recently re-built wall, it doesn't perform any function, so must have been a learning exercise.
9. View across the field in the direction of Baxenden.
10. Pendle in the distance.

We were up there on Saturday

davemac 24-03-2014 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1099528)
We were up there on Saturday

There are mixed opinions about the new work being undertaken up there, but I find it to have improved the area, and made it more accessible, plus the wood sculptures are now dotted all over the place giving it another interest.

gpick24 25-03-2014 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099501)
Interesting set of pictures wherever you were.

They`re from all over, 1&2 - near sheffield or barnsley, 3 - can`t remember, 4 - brew and butties at Sandringham, 6-10 Woodhead pass.

davemac 25-03-2014 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1099561)
They`re from all over, 1&2 - near sheffield or barnsley, 3 - can`t remember, 4 - brew and butties at Sandringham, 6-10 Woodhead pass.

Interesting, number 3 for me.

gpick24 25-03-2014 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099571)
Interesting, number 3 for me.

That was somewhere I pulled over to stretch my legs, can`t remember where abouts it was.

mobertol 25-03-2014 14:41

10 Attachment(s)
Nice to see places I recognise and others I don't - everyone seems to be much more professional in their photo taking compared to when Dave started the thread - back when!
I am posting a selction from a walk on Sunday along the river to Costa Sant'Abramo - started out as a lovely bright and blustery day and ended up with me having to run home ahead of a storm front - just made it back in time! Number 5 shows a shot looking back to our farm (Cascina Valcarengo -the yellow chapel tower can be seen for miles around!) Spotted a collection of old stuff under someone's steps in the village, which is quite interesting.

maxthecollie 25-03-2014 14:44

Looks like you have had a Spring day as well.

davemac 25-03-2014 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1099634)
Nice to see places I recognise and others I don't - everyone seems to be much more professional in their photo taking compared to when Dave started the thread - back when!
I am posting a selction from a walk on Sunday along the river to Costa Sant'Abramo - started out as a lovely bright and blustery day and ended up with me having to run home ahead of a storm front - just made it back in time! Number 5 shows a shot looking back to our farm (Cascina Valcarengo -the yellow chapel tower can be seen for miles around!) Spotted a collection of old stuff under someone's steps in the village, which is quite interesting.

I think you are right about us all getting better at this photo taking thingy, the only way to get better at photography is to take photos.
I think number 1 is very interesting, bridges within close proximity, also 7 & 9.

davemac 25-03-2014 20:32

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, I was thumbing through my magazine on droplets "The Dewdrop" and was inspired to try a few shots as the weather supported moist moments.

1. A host of golden......................
2. You point that camera at me......an I'll av you.
3. I've broken my duck.
4. Your two lips are like tulips to my droplets.
5. Not many crocus left now.
6. Liquid diamonds.
7. This rain gets right up my trumpet.
8. A moist Hellebore.
9. Who's a drip.
10. Hand over your Lupins.