Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Turtle 26-03-2014 11:40

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099699)
Today in Pictures, I was thumbing through my magazine on droplets "The Dewdrop" and was inspired to try a few shots as the weather supported moist moments.

1. A host of golden......................
2. You point that camera at me......an I'll av you.
3. I've broken my duck.
4. Your two lips are like tulips to my droplets.
5. Not many crocus left now.
6. Liquid diamonds.
7. This rain gets right up my trumpet.
8. A moist Hellebore.
9. Who's a drip.
10. Hand over your Lupins.

That duck really does look sad somehow!
Wonderful capture of droplets :)

Turtle 26-03-2014 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099699)
Today in Pictures, I was thumbing through my magazine on droplets "The Dewdrop" and was inspired to try a few shots as the weather supported moist moments.

1. A host of golden......................
2. You point that camera at me......an I'll av you.
3. I've broken my duck.
4. Your two lips are like tulips to my droplets.
5. Not many crocus left now.
6. Liquid diamonds.
7. This rain gets right up my trumpet.
8. A moist Hellebore.
9. Who's a drip.
10. Hand over your Lupins.

I should have said.. The duck in number 3 looks sad. The one in number 2 looks vicious!

davemac 26-03-2014 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1099790)
I should have said.. The duck in number 3 looks sad. The one in number 2 looks vicious!

I think number 3 is sad as his bum is wet.

Eric 26-03-2014 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1099503)
It's called grass

I'll grab my rolling papers and be right over there.;)

mobertol 26-03-2014 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099698)
I think you are right about us all getting better at this photo taking thingy, the only way to get better at photography is to take photos.
I think number 1 is very interesting, bridges within close proximity, also 7 & 9.

The bridge in the foreground is one of those old brick footbridges which the farmers used to use for access -I didn't give it a try! The one behind carries a road. I like 7 too for the colours of the buildings round the church and that forbidding sky. In 4 you can really see the storm front which swept in all of a sudden. it snowed in the Alps that day and the temps dropped from 25°C down to 12°C! Still very variable and stormy now but that's normal for this time of year.
Your flowers and droplets are gorgeous Dave - I'm missing my daffs this year -stupidly didn't dig up my bulbs at the old house. I used to pick big bunches of them to put in the house...

mobertol 26-03-2014 15:28

10 Attachment(s)
Things are afoot at Cascina Valcarengo - lots of building going on over the last month and still ongoing. The plan is to increase the size of the herd from 350 milkers to 500 by September. First the existing buildings have to be lengthened and other changes made. This is the first selection of photos showing progress - the building which houses young stock and dry cows is currently being finished off. Here you can see it before work started and then part way through. It has already been roofed and they are finishing off the fittings at the moment. A few shots around the farm showing our state of the art milking parlour which was opened in October - it's a 20 x 2 so they milk 40 cows at at time. A shot of the stockage tank for that stuff cows produce a lot of as well as milk! Also a photo of the space age milk tank featuring my husband and the farm owner! Final shot shows evening light through the old chapel arch in the original farm buildings which date back to the late 1700's and have been largely restored by the current owners.

maxthecollie 26-03-2014 15:52

That's some fancy milking parlour

maxthecollie 26-03-2014 15:56

8 Attachment(s)
Towneley Park
Attachment 39099Attachment 39100Attachment 39101Attachment 39102Attachment 39103Attachment 39104Attachment 39105Attachment 39106

gpick24 26-03-2014 18:56

10 Attachment(s)
A few pics from todays drive to Shrewsbury -
1&2. A lake at sunrise.
3&4. A misty canal.
5. A bridge (where I took pic 3 from).
6-9. From around Pimley Manor, Shrewsbury.
10. A wrecked barn.

maxthecollie 26-03-2014 19:51

No 3 is very atmospheric

mobertol 26-03-2014 20:53

Really lovely set of shots G P - that Robin is absolutely amazing!

gpick24 26-03-2014 21:13

Today in pictures

Thanks, bribed it with a bit of my Butty.

Turtle 26-03-2014 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1099818)
Things are afoot at Cascina Valcarengo - lots of building going on over the last month and still ongoing. The plan is to increase the size of the herd from 350 milkers to 500 by September. First the existing buildings have to be lengthened and other changes made. This is the first selection of photos showing progress - the building which houses young stock and dry cows is currently being finished off. Here you can see it before work started and then part way through. It has already been roofed and they are finishing off the fittings at the moment. A few shots around the farm showing our state of the art milking parlour which was opened in October - it's a 20 x 2 so they milk 40 cows at at time. A shot of the stockage tank for that stuff cows produce a lot of as well as milk! Also a photo of the space age milk tank featuring my husband and the farm owner! Final shot shows evening light through the old chapel arch in the original farm buildings which date back to the late 1700's and have been largely restored by the current owners.

Number 3 is really interesting in its patterns of light and shade.
The last shot of the chapel arch is a stunner!

davemac 26-03-2014 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1099839)
A few pics from todays drive to Shrewsbury -
1&2. A lake at sunrise.
3&4. A misty canal.
5. A bridge (where I took pic 3 from).
6-9. From around Pimley Manor, Shrewsbury.
10. A wrecked barn.

Nice set of moody shots.

davemac 26-03-2014 21:58

5 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, another of those "not enough hours" days.

1. Marestails are sprouting up.
2. Never seen one of these before (it is high up) guessed at it being a muster point for the stepping out program.
3. Up to my knees, but very reflective.
4. Heading for dry land.
5. Woodnook Water, on its way to join the River Hyndburn.