Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 28-03-2014 21:35

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1100062)
There, there! :D

^Before anyone asks I was togged up in the cute yellow outfit too!:o

And I bet you looked a picture too, is the guy in the middle carrying an invisible cheese.

davemac 28-03-2014 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1100111)
With exify just hover over the pic.

I've installed the "add on" and its very informative with the pictures posted, although it does not show every ones exif info, it does for most, you get to know what cameras were used to take the snaps plus a whole lot of other information that made me go cross eyed

gpick24 28-03-2014 22:25

Sometimes the exif is stripped depending on how they are edited. With mine, if i open and edit a JPEG in photoshop it stays intact. If I open RAW in Lightroom and export to JPEG it stays intact. If I open RAW in Lightroom, export to photoshop then save to JPEG the exif is stripped. Probably a setting in Lightroom I haven`t found yet.

davemac 28-03-2014 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1100199)
Sometimes the exif is stripped depending on how they are edited. With mine, if i open and edit a JPEG in photoshop it stays intact. If I open RAW in Lightroom and export to JPEG it stays intact. If I open RAW in Lightroom, export to photoshop then save to JPEG the exif is stripped. Probably a setting in Lightroom I haven`t found yet.

Its probably confused with all that moving around.

gpick24 28-03-2014 23:03

I `ve only just realised this week where it gets stripped, right click on pic in Lightroom>edit in> photoshop, and the info gets stripped. Will try and find out why.

davemac 29-03-2014 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1100207)
I `ve only just realised this week where it gets stripped, right click on pic in Lightroom>edit in> photoshop, and the info gets stripped. Will try and find out why.

When I inspect the information more closely it is amazing what gets attached to a picture that even though it has been reduce down to a small size for publication is still there. It shows camera and lens size, but more telling it shows all the manual and automatic settings used, then it shows and software used to process the image, with date and times as well, then a long list of other information only of use to a scientist in atomic physics

mobertol 29-03-2014 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1100177)
And I bet you looked a picture too, is the guy in the middle carrying an invisible cheese.

He was our very enthusiastic guide - a great talker and gesticulator!

We all got a very nice goody bag from him at the end of the tour - about 6lbs in weight of a selection of cheeses!

mobertol 29-03-2014 11:18

10 Attachment(s)
Yesterday turned out to be a perfect day -remeniscent of an English summer day. I went to investigate a burst of yellow which had appeared across the river and found a very photogenic field - I think it's rapeseed. I had a pleasant chat to the two local ladies who were out walking and spotted lots of nice new bright green growth along the river. It's a shame you can't capture sounds on photographs - all was quiet except for tractors in the distance and the birdsong was incredible -very peaceful and good for the soul :)

davemac 29-03-2014 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1100284)
Yesterday turned out to be a perfect day -remeniscent of an English summer day. I went to investigate a burst of yellow which had appeared across the river and found a very photogenic field - I think it's rapeseed. I had a pleasant chat to the two local ladies who were out walking and spotted lots of nice new bright green growth along the river. It's a shame you can't capture sounds on photographs - all was quiet except for tractors in the distance and the birdsong was incredible -very peaceful and good for the soul :)

Your season appears to have moved on a bit, we don't have any fields of Rape anywhere as near to flowering as that, and the ground looks snuff dry already. A nice look at spring colours with a feeling of warmth.

DaveinGermany 29-03-2014 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1100280)
He was our very enthusiastic guide - a great talker and gesticulator!

Like Scousers, tie up an Italians hands & they're struck dumb. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1100284)
I think it's rapeseed. :)

I'd agree with that assumption Mo, plenty of fields of it here too, it's a popular crop which isn't labour intensive.

Turtle 29-03-2014 14:36

Fascinating! It occurs to me that guy with the furry arms in number 3 could use some sleeves. His head hair is well covered though! Nice lighting in number 9 :)

Turtle 29-03-2014 14:37

Sorry, I was referring to Diane's cheese photos - forgot to hit the Quote button :o

Accyexplorer 29-03-2014 18:06

(No push,but) Waiting for MPs photo's from today's adventures :D

:hidewall:

Margaret Pilkington 29-03-2014 18:19

10 Attachment(s)
My day.....
1) Remy the rescue dog...having a day out on Southport Pier.
2) Mmmmm...pink ice cream!
3) From a distance.
4) The Pier was busy today.
5) the obelisk at the end of the pier.
6) The Gallopers were earning their keep today - whizzing round.
7) the view from the end of the pier.
8) Specially for Davemac....some rippled wet stuff.
9) Taking pooch for a walk.
10 View of Blackburn from the top of the bus.

Margaret Pilkington 29-03-2014 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1100331)
(No push,but) Waiting for MPs photo's from today's adventures :D

:hidewall:

Didn't get back until $pm and had to make the tea...so there was a bit of a delay.
Had a great day. Walked the length of Lord Street, went on the pier......walked right to the end. Now I have a couple of pics for the comp too.
Hope you like my offerings.
(Oh yes....I see I have a couple of 'likes'...thank you)