Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Accyexplorer 02-04-2014 05:18

Re: Today in pictures

10 Attachment(s)
More randoms :)

Attachment 39308Attachment 39309Attachment 39310Attachment 39311Attachment 39312Attachment 39313Attachment 39314Attachment 39315Attachment 39316Attachment 39317

mobertol 02-04-2014 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1100823)
You say its to show the development, but I noticed a lot of shots of men bending over.:)

Its good to print out photos, if you don't show them off, people will not see them, and its good to take them from the digital form into something you can hold.

Lol! They are a pleasure to watch ;)

As to the prints -I bought the Kodak paper about 5-6 years ago and it was still sealed in it's packet in a drawer - it's just so easy to keep images stored on a computer but they look so much better printed and framed.

mobertol 02-04-2014 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1100838)
Today in Pictures, some days are just not your own, and today was one of them. Another trip to the Pals centre had me mooching around Platts Lodge again. I decided I had taken to many photos recently of this area so I would try to photograph it differently today.............So I went out in a pink frock and to add a bit of danger didn't wear any knickers......which made it a tad difficult for my Tenna Lady...........but Gaffer tape sorted that.

Right, back to reality

1. Marestails again, this time with the sun shining through the stem.
2. If it's not wet you aren't doing it right.
3. Just for something different.........this photo is upside down.
4. This is the right way up.......but a little moist.
5. A few droplets just to get me on the ground again.
6. Coltsfoot, in the shadow of the apartments.
7. It took ages to get them to all swim in the same direction.
8. That's a repair bracket for the cast iron stanchions.
9. It's a favourite spot for the locals to feed the ducks, geese etc.
10. And with the final shot, my time in the sun was over......and with all that bending over my bums sunburnt.

Amazing how a bit of gaffer tape in the right spot has changed your perspective - new takes on old haunts -some great photos :)

mobertol 02-04-2014 11:50

Interesting selection - some nice night shots.

Accyexplorer 02-04-2014 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1100919)
Interesting selection - some nice night shots.

Thanks M,most of them was taken around Rhyddings Park,the rest was on my walk home :)

DaveinGermany 02-04-2014 15:45

5 Attachment(s)
A nice warm sunny afternoon, so with camera & hound we headed off to see what we could see ..... and here we go. :)

A deer in the woods (obviously the dumbarse of the group as all his mates stayed hidden) - Wood anemone & a FMN sneaking into the shot - Sunny Bunny - Mr Majestic Magpie - Looking like Spring.

mobertol 02-04-2014 15:49

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1100970]A nice warm sunny afternoon, so with camera & hound we headed off to see what we could see ..... and here we go. :)

A deer in the woods (obviously the dumbarse of the group as all his mates stayed hidden) - Wood anemone & a FMN sneaking into the shot - Sunny Bunny - Mr Majestic Magpie - Looking like Spring.[/QUOTE
Love the glimpse of that deer -you were lucky to see it. Nice one of the bunny too. Great photo of that Magpie - he has attitude. I can never get near enough to photograph them -they are one of my favourite birds.

Accyexplorer 02-04-2014 16:07

[QUOTE=mobertol;1100972]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1100970)
A nice warm sunny afternoon, so with camera & hound we headed off to see what we could see ..... and here we go. :)

A deer in the woods (obviously the dumbarse of the group as all his mates stayed hidden) - Wood anemone & a FMN sneaking into the shot - Sunny Bunny - Mr Majestic Magpie - Looking like Spring.[/QUOTE
Love the glimpse of that deer -you were lucky to see it. Nice one of the bunny too. Great photo of that Magpie - he has attitude. I can never get near enough to photograph them -they are one of my favourite birds.

Me too,I heard if you get a young magpie you can train them quite well.
Even to the point of talking (not sure if there's any truth in it though) :)

DaveinGermany 02-04-2014 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1100972)
you were lucky to see it.
they are one of my favourite birds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1100976)
Me too,I heard if you get a young magpie you can train them quite well.
Even to the point of talking (not sure if there's any truth in it though) :)

There's loads of Deer here Di, so you get to see them quite often & yes the Magpies are good looking birds but proper necky.

Not sure about that Accy xpl, they're intelligent birds right enough & learn things quickly but as to talking, I'd be a bit sceptical about that one.

Accyexplorer 02-04-2014 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1100980)

Not sure about that Accy xpl, they're intelligent birds right enough & learn things quickly but as to talking, I'd be a bit sceptical about that one.

I want one :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t6hJkdMpO-0

davemac 02-04-2014 22:14

6 Attachment(s)
Today in pictures, a very short walk.

1. This is the top end of the old Nori Brick works.
2. What is left of the site after houses were built on it.
3. Is now covered in trees.
4. Who's having a bad hair day !
5. The Laurel are now in flower.
6. This is the drop just feet from the road when you are travelling over Whinney Hill, have a look sideways next time you go to the tip, it's just as you get to that large curve in the road.

mobertol 03-04-2014 15:40

10 Attachment(s)
An unexpected trip to a village museum this morning. I went to market in nearby Paderno Ponchielli and found this place by chance. They have a lovely collection housed in the Maestro's original home and the local man who was guide and is the curator of the collection was very knowlegable. The man in question was Amilcare Ponchielli a composer and pianist whose name was added to his village's name on the centenary of his death. The theatre in Cremona also carries his name. He was a child genius who was discovered by a local noble when he played the organ in the village church -his father had taught him all he knew and age 10 he was sent to the Conservatory in Milan. Later in his life he would become Puccini's tutor. His most famous opera is La Gioconda - photos show his first piano (bought second hand), he is the photo on the left (when the guide is present), next to Puccini. Other material relates to his works, costumes which were designed for his operas and there is a photo of his wife Teresa Brambilla in costume , she was a well-known soprano. he died aged 51 of pneumonia in 1886 -his wife out-lived him by many years and died in 1921! Last photo shows the commenmorative stamps produced in 1986 to mark his centenary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amilcare_Ponchielli
The following piece should be recogniseable as it was used by Walt Disney in Fantasia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ILbnHhAzk

Accyexplorer 03-04-2014 16:57

Nice shot and a Lovely piece of music M, is it Dance for hours?
W Disney certainly had a eye for talent :)

Eric 03-04-2014 18:05

2 Attachment(s)
Remember those brave snowdrops trying to survive minus double-digit temps. and lots of snow? They made it.:D

mobertol 03-04-2014 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1101131)
Remember those brave snowdrops trying to survive minus double-digit temps. and lots of snow? They made it.:D

Dove c'é vita c'è speranza, Eric :v

Where there's life there's hope!!!!

Such lovely flowers -hope you're passed the worst and the snow is finally over -till next winter. x