Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

mobertol 07-04-2014 19:41

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101581)
My day yesterday......

Hope today and the rest of the week is as glorious as in this lovely photo. Enjoy your holidays -love Llandudno, have been there twice on holiday :)

mobertol 07-04-2014 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1101645)
This fellow visited our feeder last week: a Pileated Woodpecker. They make a terrific racket when pecking at the neighbouring trees. Sorry not to be able to get a better shot, but he was very wary. I had to shoot this through the window glass. The slightest movement from me, and he was off!

What a beautiful creature - we have a Woodpecker in the woods up the lane -have heard him but never seen him...

mobertol 07-04-2014 19:48

10 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was a perfect spring Sunday - had a nice long walk after a barbq with friends. I didn't realise how sunny it was and ended up a pretty shade of pink. A series of photos showing who was about and what they were doing round-abouts where I live.

Margaret Pilkington 07-04-2014 21:21

1 Attachment(s)
Llandudno today has been wet....poured down until lunch time.....but then the sunshine broke through and the day was lovely...very springlike.

davemac 07-04-2014 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1101638)
I particularly like number four - the contrast of the green mossy wall with the brown leaves and smooth tree trunk. I love the fresh green beech leaves too. I bet you couldn't take number 6 without getting a good dowsing!

It was a wet outing from start to finish.

davemac 07-04-2014 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1101659)
Yesterday was a perfect spring Sunday - had a nice long walk after a barbq with friends. I didn't realise how sunny it was and ended up a pretty shade of pink. A series of photos showing who was about and what they were doing round-abouts where I live.

Your season appears a few weeks in front of us here, we are pink here as well, its all the chaffing from all the waterproofs we have to wear.

Nice candid shot of the little boy.

davemac 07-04-2014 22:17

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, another moist experience, but a relatively clean one, mooching around Memorial Park.

1.The war memorial with Spring blooms.
2. A naturalised Hyacinth, and a couple of wet knees.
3. Periwinkle......I like that name, as it contains the word............Peri.
4. A moist Mahonia. (or whatever the name is now, it was re-classified I think).
5. Holly got wet.
6. The naturalised bit of the Park.
7. The ornamental cherries are about to burst into colour.
8. Looking across to Pendle Hill.......just.
9. Last shot of the Park before heading home.
10. I stopped on the way home, this is possible the most floral verge in the borough.

mobertol 07-04-2014 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1101675)
Your season appears a few weeks in front of us here, we are pink here as well, its all the chaffing from all the waterproofs we have to wear.

Nice candid shot of the little boy.

Still need to get that new camera... x

davemac 07-04-2014 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1101680)
Still need to get that new camera... x

Its easy getting one, you just have to walk in a camera shop and say "sell me a camera"

mobertol 07-04-2014 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101665)
Llandudno today has been wet....poured down until lunch time.....but then the sunshine broke through and the day was lovely...very springlike.

I would love to have camera which produces those long-distance "spy" shots... enjoy the break, Magaret, you deserve it xxx

Eric 08-04-2014 00:06

Quote:

This fellow visited our feeder last week: a Pileated Woodpecker. They make a terrific racket when pecking at the neighbouring trees. Sorry not to be able to get a better shot, but he was very wary. I had to shoot this through the window glass. The slightest movement from me, and he was off!

Beautiful bird ... there are a couple of woodpeckers around here ... I can hear them but can't quite spot them. This morning I heard a couple of Mourning Doves ... or Turtle Doves if you prefer;) It's a great sound this time of year; but after a few months the sound starts to grate.:D

Margaret Pilkington 08-04-2014 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1101682)
I would love to have camera which produces those long-distance "spy" shots... enjoy the break, Magaret, you deserve it xxx

The camera I am using is just a little Fuji. Fits in my bag easily.....and is easy to use.
I was on the pier just taking a shot of the beach.......this pic was cropped out of a bigger picture.
We are having a sedate time. Nothing strenuous. Might take a bus ride to West beach later today.....so there should be more pics.

Margaret Pilkington 08-04-2014 06:27

1 Attachment(s)
Pesky wind turbines on the horizon.

Margaret Pilkington 08-04-2014 06:54

1 Attachment(s)
Dipping the toes in the briny.

gpick24 08-04-2014 20:19

Quote:

Well done with the woodpecker, only ever heard one once (a few weeks ago at Rowlands Gill) but couldn`t get near for a pic.