Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 09-04-2014 19:17

Re: Today in pictures

How's your weather over the border, Margaret?

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2014 19:40

1 Attachment(s)
It has been a beautiful day today.
This was the Orme viewed from West Beach.

maxthecollie 09-04-2014 19:50

You know what they say, "the sun shines on the righteous"

Accyexplorer 09-04-2014 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101874)
It has been a beautiful day today.
This was the Orme viewed from West Beach.

Looks very pleasant M I'm glad your enjoying yourself,I was trying to imagine the pic with a wind turbine or10 ;)

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2014 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1101875)
You know what they say, "the sun shines on the righteous"

And also on the ungodly :)

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2014 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1101876)
Looks very pleasant M I'm glad your enjoying yourself,I was trying to imagine the pic with a wind turbine or10 ;)

Oh.....NOooooo! I love that picture with the little house perched high on the hill.
They must have the most fantastic views.....but you wouldn't want to run out of milk!

davemac 09-04-2014 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101878)
Oh.....NOooooo! I love that picture with the little house perched high on the hill.
They must have the most fantastic views.....but you wouldn't want to run out of milk!

Or sleepwalk for that matter.

Turtle 09-04-2014 22:50

Great shots Margaret! So glad you're enjoying yourself :)

mobertol 10-04-2014 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1101747)
Here`s mine for today from around the midlands this morning and walking the dogs this evening.

Really interesting set of shots - great locations, you are becoming quite artistic! Were you in the Midlands for work?

mobertol 10-04-2014 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1101756)
Today in Pictures, whilst cogitating on this weeks competition theme I sort of had a moment of realisation. I started my working life in Oak Hill Park as an apprentice gardener, and 46 or so years later I am going back photographing the plants I used to cultivate all those years ago. Its so obvious what I was doing, but didn't realise it.

Beautiful flowers - I love them too and
I have always found them fascinating. You know your subject inside out -that shines through in the photos. Did I ever tell you my degree was in Botany, Dave? Don't know my plants and funghi as well as you though :D

mobertol 10-04-2014 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101851)
We(the children and I) walked it down to West Beach this afternoon.
Spindles said I had walked his legs off(and yes, his jeans do look longer).
I took a few pics but I will only upload one.
I hope you like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1101852)
Looks like you had your old box brownie with you. Great pic

Just before seeeing Max's very apt comment I was thinking what a lovely period feel that photo had. You are taking some great photos Margaret - the holiday must be doing you a world of good, it is really bringing out your talent. Enjoy the rest of your time in Llandudno. Is there still the ghost ride on the pier (I think that's where it was)? Went on that loads of times with my sister when we were there 36 years ago!!

gpick24 10-04-2014 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1101914)
Really interesting set of shots - great locations, you are becoming quite artistic! Were you in the Midlands for work?

Yes, down to Nottingham then Leicester, took the A6 for some new sights, beats the boring motorways.

mobertol 10-04-2014 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1101920)
Yes, down to Nottingham then Leicester, took the A6 for some new sights, beats the boring motorways.

Good that you now carry your camera and are making use of travelling time for something you enjoy. I thought you must travel about for work as you have posted photos from a few different places. :)

davemac 10-04-2014 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1101916)
Beautiful flowers - I love them too and
I have always found them fascinating. You know your subject inside out -that shines through in the photos. Did I ever tell you my degree was in Botany, Dave? Don't know my plants and funghi as well as you though :D

It was this weeks competition that shook up all my marbles, when I was young I used to help in my Grans garden and also took snaps with her Box Brownie, now as I am becoming elderly I am doing the same stuff I was when I was an early teenager, and I am expressing myself in the same way, that and the fact I spent all my working life in the company of Flora

gpick24 10-04-2014 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1101921)
Good that you now carry your camera and are making use of travelling time for something you enjoy. I thought you must travel about for work as you have posted photos from a few different places. :)

It always tends to be the same places though, there`s only so many roads to them and it`s getting harder finding new routes. What I needs is some new destinations.