Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 12-04-2014 18:27

Re: Today in pictures

I see you got your coloured pencils out for no5

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2014 18:45

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more.
I took the children to West Beach one afternoon...they played on the keep fit equipment. I was tired watching them...it didn't make them sleep longer.
In fact, I think it gave them energy.

The first picture is a sea snail...nothing much of interest in that but the barnacles to the right and above it look like a skull
Oh, yes...you can see that I carried on with the good ' stick to your ribs' grub.

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2014 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1102212)
I see you got your coloured pencils out for no5

Yes, Frank there was nowt on 't telly! :)

davemac 12-04-2014 19:38

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, with the wind blowing through my flat cap we walked between Mill Lane and Martholme Lane.

1. Fields of Bluebells, but not many flowering yet.
2. However it will be a blue carpet when they flower.
3. Spring Lambs springing about.
4. That's a lot of Pussy Willows, in fact its Pussy Galore.
5. Fern fronds.
6. Marsh Marigolds on the edge of a stream.
7. Cowslips, last year small clumps, this year they have trebled.
8. Hawthorn in the hedgerow, looking just like the early Cherries blooms.
9. River Calder, in the shadow of the viaduct.
10. Look what I found..........and so early in the year.

shillelagh 12-04-2014 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102138)
Jen, I will tell you what my Ma used to tell me when I said that in a petulant voice......'it's not fair until Easter'.
I was much much older before I 'got' what she meant.

reminds me of going to the pot fair on easter Monday in Blackburn that Margaret ... :D

Margaret Pilkington 12-04-2014 20:01

Those were the days Jen. They won't come again.

mobertol 13-04-2014 19:45

10 Attachment(s)
Lovely selection of shots over the last couple of days. I haven't been out before this aft for a few days except for going to the docs on Friday morning. Seems I may have done myself an injury - suspected hernia of one of the disks in my neck :( Been feeling pretty ropey and unbalanced but decided to have a short wander up the road in the sunshine as a few folk were round and about. Remo was sitting on the bridge -he's 91 and a real sprightly character for his age. Another pensioner joined him for a chat and I got quite a few local tales of times past. The air must be good round here as the pensioner was telling Remo about his mother's passing away recently aged 104! The photos are just the usual of people passing by and a few views to show how the colours are changing and one brave narcissus which has survived the passage of the tractors on the edge of a field.

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2014 20:27

Lovely pics Dianne.
I hope you are feeling better soon. Look after yourself.

davemac 13-04-2014 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1102345)
Lovely selection of shots over the last couple of days. I haven't been out before this aft for a few days except for going to the docs on Friday morning. Seems I may have done myself an injury - suspected hernia of one of the disks in my neck :( Been feeling pretty ropey and unbalanced but decided to have a short wander up the road in the sunshine as a few folk were round and about. Remo was sitting on the bridge -he's 91 and a real sprightly character for his age. Another pensioner joined him for a chat and I got quite a few local tales of times past. The air must be good round here as the pensioner was telling Remo about his mother's passing away recently aged 104! The photos are just the usual of people passing by and a few views to show how the colours are changing and one brave narcissus which has survived the passage of the tractors on the edge of a field.

Things have got a lot more green and yellow since you last posted, and shirt sleeve weather, its not quite that here yet.

DaveinGermany 14-04-2014 05:02

That old boy will have to go a bit faster if he's after chasing them Wimmen! :D

Turtle 14-04-2014 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1102227)
Today in Pictures, with the wind blowing through my flat cap we walked between Mill Lane and Martholme Lane.

1. Fields of Bluebells, but not many flowering yet.
2. However it will be a blue carpet when they flower.
3. Spring Lambs springing about.
4. That's a lot of Pussy Willows, in fact its Pussy Galore.
5. Fern fronds.
6. Marsh Marigolds on the edge of a stream.
7. Cowslips, last year small clumps, this year they have trebled.
8. Hawthorn in the hedgerow, looking just like the early Cherries blooms.
9. River Calder, in the shadow of the viaduct.
10. Look what I found..........and so early in the year.

Promise of things to come, davemac! The bluebells that is. I particularly like the shots of the unfurling fern and the hawthorn. I have ferns like that in my little shady garden patch. They spread themselves vigorously (translation: I'm always pulling them up!).
I seem to remember a faint scent from hawthorn. Am I right, or is it fanciful imagining?

Turtle 14-04-2014 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102219)
Here are a couple more.
I took the children to West Beach one afternoon...they played on the keep fit equipment. I was tired watching them...it didn't make them sleep longer.
In fact, I think it gave them energy.

The first picture is a sea snail...nothing much of interest in that but the barnacles to the right and above it look like a skull
Oh, yes...you can see that I carried on with the good ' stick to your ribs' grub.

Yes, I see the skull! Tidal pools are great places to hunt for creatures.The tinlids must have had a great time - also nicely full bellies from your delicious cooking :)

Turtle 14-04-2014 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1102345)

Sorry to hear about your neck troubles Diane. I hope you can find some help for that.
Such gentle countryside - the air must be very good indeed! You show us Spring as it should be :)

Margaret Pilkington 14-04-2014 13:16

10 Attachment(s)
Not new, but from my travels last week.
1) across the rocks.
2) Dog on West Beach.
3) this one is in colour(you've had the black and white version)
4) Aged...by now these boys will be grandparents.
5) Teddy that Marnie won in one of those grab machines - it had a fiver round its neck too. Didn't expect that!
6) Red crane against blue sky. Work being done to get a Travel Lodge ready for business.
7) young girls on the beach - no thoughts of One direction.
8) The pier in Mono.
9) she can't wait to get her shoes off.
10) A whole beach to ourselves. The tinlids on West beach.

maxthecollie 14-04-2014 14:41

But how much did it cost to win the teddy?