Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Accyexplorer 15-04-2014 09:36

Re: Today in pictures

7 Attachment(s)
busy bee in the garden :)

Attachment 39614Attachment 39615Attachment 39616Attachment 39617Attachment 39618Attachment 39619Attachment 39620

Margaret Pilkington 15-04-2014 10:33

2 Attachment(s)
Today I have been up to see Ma.
In the backyard is a Magnolia tree that I bought my dad for his birthday some 25 years ago.
He watched it grow for 2 years then he died. It never flowered while he was alive.
The Magnolia flowered on the first anniversary of his death...and had just one blossom on it.
I took this picture today. It is now a magnificent tree...and every time I see it in full bloom I think of my dad.

Turtle 15-04-2014 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1102454)
Today in Pictures, One of those walks that was a pleasant experience, and was over too soon.

1. On the way down to Castle Clough, Hapton Quarry in the distance, the stream that flows off the quarry ends up flowing through the clough.
2. The top end of the Clough, that's the dry bit over, the next bit is water all the way.
3. The sun is shining through the new leaves.
4. So time to play at balancing stones.
5. The sun shining through Anemones.
6. Wild Garlic (Ransomes) just budding up, but smell very strong when you walk close to them.
7. Some signs of putting the water to use, but what, I have no idea.
8. Wood Sorrel, a nice flower when you get down and look, often overlooked.
9. An unfurling fern frond basking in the sun.
10. Almost out of the clough, a bridge walked over without noticing it.

A separate item about karma, I don't check it as often as I should and have just checked, and noticed a few people have submitted karma to myself, apologise for not responding to the persons who posted in a timely fashion, so a thank you to all who gave me the Karma. I must try harder.

Some real beauties here, davemac. I remember the smell of the wild garlic from my childhood ramblings.

Turtle 15-04-2014 12:04

1 Attachment(s)
What a difference a day makes... we're back into winter wonderland here! It's not unusual for us to have an April snowstorm, but hopefully its effects won't last too long. Here's today's shot of my little blue flower (yes, I think it is scilla, thank you davemac).

mobertol 15-04-2014 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1102454)
Today in Pictures, One of those walks that was a pleasant experience, and was over too soon.

1. On the way down to Castle Clough, Hapton Quarry in the distance, the stream that flows off the quarry ends up flowing through the clough.
2. The top end of the Clough, that's the dry bit over, the next bit is water all the way.
3. The sun is shining through the new leaves.
4. So time to play at balancing stones.
5. The sun shining through Anemones.
6. Wild Garlic (Ransomes) just budding up, but smell very strong when you walk close to them.
7. Some signs of putting the water to use, but what, I have no idea.
8. Wood Sorrel, a nice flower when you get down and look, often overlooked.
9. An unfurling fern frond basking in the sun.
10. Almost out of the clough, a bridge walked over without noticing it.

A separate item about karma, I don't check it as often as I should and have just checked, and noticed a few people have submitted karma to myself, apologise for not responding to the persons who posted in a timely fashion, so a thank you to all who gave me the Karma. I must try harder.

A few genuine wows in there - 3 & 4 plus the closeups of flowers and the fern.
I keep wanting to give Karma but it doesn't let me most of the time as it's mainly for this thread and the posters are only so many... :)

mobertol 15-04-2014 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1102479)

Nice to see some little glimpses of a really blue sky behind the flowers.

mobertol 15-04-2014 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1102487)
Today I have been up to see Ma.
In the backyard is a Magnolia tree that I bought my dad for his birthday some 25 years ago.
He watched it grow for 2 years then he died. It never flowered while he was alive.
The Magnolia flowered on the first anniversary of his death...and had just one blossom on it.
I took this picture today. It is now a magnificent tree...and every time I see it in full bloom I think of my dad.

The Magnolia is really beautiful and it's also got a lovely delicate perfume. Gorgeous blue skies too.
Glad you have something to remind you of your father which will always put a smile on your face -the best way to remember a love one.

mobertol 15-04-2014 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1102492)
What a difference a day makes... we're back into winter wonderland here! It's not unusual for us to have an April snowstorm, but hopefully its effects won't last too long. Here's today's shot of my little blue flower (yes, I think it is scilla, thank you davemac).

Very delicate flakes there on that pretty flower - what a change in the weather. We get the same here some years and have been known to have snow in April off the Alps. As you say though - it won't last long now the temperatures are on the up.

Restless 15-04-2014 16:47

2 Attachment(s)
Took a walk along the canal. Not much time for pics since rushing to docs

Margaret Pilkington 15-04-2014 18:27

The pictures are lovely Rob...and what a great day for it.
Blue skies forever.......it really lifts my spirits.

davemac 15-04-2014 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1102491)
Some real beauties here, davemac. I remember the smell of the wild garlic from my childhood ramblings.

I remember last years crop of Ransoms, bob found a patch and kept running through the leaves for quite a few minutes, he stunk like garlic sauce for weeks.

davemac 15-04-2014 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1102492)

You right about that, flowers just poking out, then snow, how can you plan a picnic under those conditions.

davemac 15-04-2014 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1102499)
A few genuine wows in there - 3 & 4 plus the closeups of flowers and the fern.
I keep wanting to give Karma but it doesn't let me most of the time as it's mainly for this thread and the posters are only so many... :)

Glad you like my output, it was more like playtime yesterday, if you are stuck for a photo, just pile some stones up. Bob wanted me to throw them in the water for him, so I had to throw one, then place one, throw another then balance another, you get the idea.

P.S. don't worry about the karma, the "like" system has more or less replaced it.

maxthecollie 15-04-2014 19:13

10 Attachment(s)
Just a few from our walkies today
Attachment 39626Attachment 39627Attachment 39628Attachment 39629Attachment 39630Attachment 39631Attachment 39632Attachment 39633Attachment 39634Attachment 39635

Turtle 15-04-2014 20:09

Great capture of the heron (?) in number 9 :)