Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   vs Bury (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-bury-51017.html)

bfc72 28-12-2009 17:00

Re: vs Bury

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 772927)
Yes thugs. Wouldn't have him given.

Sam read this then reread yours about us

Morecambe Vs Accrington - The Football Forum - More Than Just A Game

SamF 28-12-2009 17:05

Still stand by it when you're defenders go for the man rather than the ball 75%+ of the time they certainly aint footballers... you can tell that they were all terrified of the ball.

Redraine 28-12-2009 17:15

Bury deserved the win for the way they attacked in the second half. As usual, when teams put us under pressure we can't pass the ball with composure out of defence. A great game of end to end football with our lads looking a little bit tired, unsurprisingly, although they gave it 100%. Anyone else getting worried by Boozer's seeming fallibility on his left side?

carpon 28-12-2009 17:24

As the old adage goes....If you don't take your chances, you're going to get punished. Whatever Knill said to Bury at half time worked wonders for them, they looked a different side after ther break. :(

Yet another totally inept fool who somehow passes for a football league referee in attendance today !!! How he can give a penalty for the foul on the Bury player late on and somehow ignore the incident where Symes was practically flattened beggars belief.:confused:

And as for Sodje....the cheat label he was given by another poster was justified.....Sodje went over like he had just been shot in the second half, obviously trying his best to get our lad booked...... what a surprise ......absolutely nothing wrong with him, then he has the temerity to try and look like he's totally innocent and has been hard done by !!!! I'd give him a good idea where he can stick that bandanna he wears.:rolleyes:

All in all, 4-2 was probably a bit harsh, if somebody who hasn't been at the game looks at that scoreline, it sounds like Stanley were hammered...not so...but for better finishing in the first half it could have been over as a contest at half time !!!:o

Pendle Red 28-12-2009 17:36

A couple of things that are starting to worry me:

Certain players were going down far to easy in and around the box, at times it was like Bambi on Ice today. The problem with that is it creates and I think it may have happened today, when there are genuine appeals thay are often overlooked more through what has perhaps preceded those appeals?

When we come up against physical sides (Bournemouth & Northampton spring to mind) we tend to lose shape and resort to playing the ball in the air bypassing midfield, when we got it down and played our stuff we were a genuine threat and created some good chances.

Other than that was a cracking game real end to end and fair play to Bury they came and set about Stanley in the second half playing some good football which was matched by Stanley but maybe a little fatigue set in towards the end?

If you would have said after five games we would have been in the Top Half come New Year most people would have been chuffed to bits with that, but after seeing what League Two has to offer this year I genuinely believe we should be Top Six.

On Stanley On:)

lancsdave 28-12-2009 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 772958)
Certain players were going down far to easy in and around the box, at times it was like Bambi on Ice today. The problem with that is it creates and I think it may have happened today, when there are genuine appeals thay are often overlooked more through what has perhaps preceded those appeals?

Got to admit that if they want to get as good as Droghba at it they are light years away, more practice needed :rolleyes:

As a neutralish I thought a draw would have been a fair result. stanley should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half. Not sure if the Bury manager gave his team a rocket at half time or actually gave them rocket fuel. The first 20/25 minutes of the second half they stepped up about 4 gears. As the game went on you could tell which team had played 48 hours earlier and which team had some time off.

smudgie 28-12-2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 772959)
As the game went on you could tell which team had played 48 hours earlier and which team had some time off.

Which is the main reason for the result IMO.

Roll on Gillingham on saturday

AccyAggro 28-12-2009 18:45

Good game today and good crowd of over 3000. Performance was not bad either i thought just hit by 2 quick goals and i couldnt see of it was a penalty or not, hopefully this defeat will get the players up for the gillingham game, up the reds

maccawozzagod 28-12-2009 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 772916)
No side that misses the chances we were gifted deserves to win a game but we were the better team.

nowt more needs to be said

Tealeaf 28-12-2009 19:23

If you take out the first five minutes of the second half - when our defence decided to go to sleep (probably the mince pies at half time) and then take out the dodgy referee's calls, then by my reckoning we had the game 2-1.

cashman 28-12-2009 19:26

all in all i thought it was the best game of football ive seen this season up the stanley, shame about the result, we did miss some good chances n agree could have been well up after 45 mins, but will stick wi my thoughts a draw would have been a fair result. Bury had a better second half in my view.

Bernard Dawson 28-12-2009 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 772985)
all in all i thought it was the best game of football ive seen this season up the stanley, shame about the result, we did miss some good chances n agree could have been well up after 45 mins, but will stick wi my thoughts a draw would have been a fair result. Bury had a better second half in my view.

I think you're right Csshy, it was a good game. Stanley were the better side in the first half, Bury the better side in the second half.

Stanley have got 33 points going into the New Year, we would have all settled for that at the start of the season, and of course still in the cup.

There's still a lot to play for this season.

Wynonie Harris 28-12-2009 20:40

Disappointed, but not unduly worried. The officials were appalling (especially the liner on the cowshed side who Cashy christened "Mr Bean" :D ). The Bury fans walking down to the station with me agreed that we deserved a penalty and that theirs was no such thing.

Yes, it should've been a draw, but, Stanley, it's all about FINSHING FINISHING FINISHING! :mad:

Milesy 28-12-2009 21:04

Hi guys, Bury fan here in peace.

Part of me wasn't looking forward to going today, been to your place 3 times this season (v Darlo, v Crewe and v Us in JPT), and I'm an admirer of the way you attack and take the game to teams.

At half time i thought we were very fortunate to only be 1-0 down, you closed us down really well and we struggled to string 2 passes together.

As some people have said, we came out of the traps in the second half and looked like we wanted it.

being honest I don't understand all the comments about Sodje. He's an old fashioned centre back which maybe some people aren't used to these days? I can't comment on any penalty claims you claim against him as i'm sure you were a lot closer than I was, but it did seem to me that once you went behind you'd drop to the floor when challenged anywhere in and around the area. There was also one incident where some clearly dived (over towards the main stand area in the corner), and the ref quite rightly booked the player concerned.

The ref was poor - but although he gave us a lot of the decisions in the 2nd half, he gave you a lot of the decisions in the first half. Again, it was a fair distance away but the keeper seemed to be lucky on a couple of occasions when racing off his line - in the second half our winger tried to flick the ball over your last defender who blocked it with his hand and the ref gave nothing. Being honest it's probably a case of both sets of fans being biased and seeing it their way!

Ours was a clear cut penalty at the end though - Kempson had tugged at Lowie's shirt a couple of times already before the ref finally gave it for the third tug!

Overall I think we were lucky to win - but only because by rights you should have had it sewn up by half time. I agree with other comments on here that the added break we'd had over your guys definitely helped us, but Colemans comments about us wanting it to be off are way off the mark! There's an image on our Message Board showing a ruler in the pitch - the snow comes up to past the 9" mark!

A Boxing Day clash with Bradford is financially very lucrative for us, if the game could have been on, it would have been! The areas around the Crown today were very treacherous - that was after a thaw, imagine our place before the thaw whilst it was still snowing!

I'd also like to thank all Accy fans who helped get this game on over the last couple of days.

Anyhow, good luck for the remainder of the season, the way you play means you should be in or around the play offs and your support is marvellous!

We also received the flag you donated to us today, so thanks for that!

Outback Ozzy 28-12-2009 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 773003)
Disappointed, but not unduly worried. The officials were appalling (especially the liner on the cowshed side who Cashy christened "Mr Bean" :D ). The Bury fans walking down to the station with me agreed that we deserved a penalty and that theirs was no such thing.

Yes, it should've been a draw, but, Stanley, it's all about FINSHING FINISHING FINISHING! :mad:

At least some Bury fans called it right, you could see from the Coppice end that we should have had a penalty and the decision for their penalty was a 50/50 chance, both players were pulling shirts, so how the ref could decide on the Stanley player was at fault, goodness only knows. As for the assistants, the less said the better. The one on the main stand side should have flagged for offside prior to the 3rd Bury goal, the player was a good 5 yards off, but the assistant who had ate all the pies could not keep up with play. One other thing, how come Kee got booked for simulation (diving) when Bury players got away with it all game, hell Kee wasn't even in the box looking for a penalty, but Sodje (who else) gave him a hearty shove in the back!!. As others have said 14-11 aint fair. No wonder Coley was apoplectic with the lot of them at full time, they certainly got the protection from the stewards that they did not deserve.