Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tuesday Meeting (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tuesday-meeting-54848.html)

mab 14-09-2010 21:42

Re: Tuesday Meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 844961)
IK was asked about EW - more than once - and said that(in his opinion) we should not dwell/ponder on the subject too long, it is in the past and we must all move on.

Also it was mentioned by Iylas that an arrangment had been made so that eric could travel on the team coach to away games!!But only if coley agreed to it.going to share thingy nomore than a propossed 4.9% holding by anyone person or organisation or company,shares may be paid for in installmemts set by the community board which could be 5,10, 50 people on it,glad i went really just hope now it all comes true.ps no eric no rob and no david at the meeting all where invited..

VALAIRIAN 14-09-2010 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 844965)
Also it was mentioned by Iylas that an arrangment had been made so that eric could travel on the team coach to away games!!But only if coley agreed to it.going to share thingy nomore than a propossed 4.9% holding by anyone person or organisation or company,shares may be paid for in installmemts set by the community board which could be 5,10, 50 people on it,glad i went really just hope now it all comes true.ps no eric no rob and no david at the meeting all where invited..

Cheers Mab, I knew I missed some stuff!!!!!

cashman 14-09-2010 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 844965)

as the meeting was to ponder how to take the club forward, i find it pathetic that none of those 3 invited bothered to show their faces, can only assume they think theve done a great job?:rolleyes:

mab 14-09-2010 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 844969)
as the meeting was to ponder how to take the club forward, i find it pathetic that none of those 3 invited bothered to show their faces, can only assume they think theve done a great job?:rolleyes:

Would have thought and kinda hoped RH would have turned up...

lancsdave 14-09-2010 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 844962)
IK talked about a "Constitution" and suggested that he would post one/it on here early next week.

I must admit I could hear all the cringing when the term 'next week' was used :D

cashman 14-09-2010 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 844970)

to be truthfull, i hoped the same, i must be loosing the plot, thinking "New Broom":rolleyes:

Doug 14-09-2010 22:18

Quote:

Cashy, is it not possible that no one went from the club because they don’t agree with the proposals being made. It would stand to reason. I’m not against any of this in theory although I believe that a committee led management would be the worst thing for the club. I don’t understand why we aren’t seeing a written action plan that we can point a finger it and understand, all these little meetings of 50 or a 100 people are fine; but what of the other 1500 or so fans; why not put all this in writing and canvass the supporters where it would make a difference….At the Crown Ground. I have said elsewhere tonight that I would love Ilyas to take over the ownership/financing of the club and to appoint a trustee to run it; and then maybe invest the title ownership of the club in the name of the community. We need a figurehead, a financier, a leader…not a committee, no matter how dedicated.

Please, let us have a firm written action plan that we can all read and understand first.

mab 14-09-2010 22:30

Quote:

Please, let us have a firm written action plan that we can all read and understand first.
That Duog is the next step a draft copy is to be made available for anyone to read, and have an imput.. It would have been the easy way out to appoint a new managment team by Iylas but has he said he isnt a footballclub chairman and wouldn't know where to start.he said that he had offers off people who had worked in other clubs to take over the day to day running of the club( notts co bl/pool)to name two.but felt it was up to the community lead board to do the hirring,if i've missed owt others who was their can fill the blanks..:)

cashman 14-09-2010 22:30

read valairians post mate, thats gonna be produced fer comments/ ideas etc nowt set in stone, surely if they don't agree, they should come and explain why? 2 sides to every argument, but no they chose not too. pathetic i say once again.

bdc 14-09-2010 22:52

Quote:

To be fair Cashy, would you honestly turn up to a meeting that is going to discuss how to reduce your shareholding for EW/DON?

bdc 14-09-2010 23:11

I am against having a committee being formed as a board to govern the club, I think that it would be better to have the committee/ fans group being used to elect an independent board at an annual AGM (These should be voted in every year). I think having a number of individuals being involved in key decision making would take to long as a process to make decisions that are required to be made at a fast rate. I think that having fans as the main shareholders of the club is a good idea but ultimately this shouldn't involve EW or DON. Outside investment or commercial deals will not feed through to the club until we have shed our ghosts from the past so to speak.

I seem to recall that it was mentioned that the ASSF would be involved as the model for the fans to use to buy and sell shares etc. I personally think that surely this would be better to be discussed between the ASSF, OSC and the Ultras to form a group that suits all the needs of the groups. I think that we could potentially use the OSC as the basis of the committee model as there are a number of systems in place including for the payment of subscriptions which is integrated within the club infrastructure already. There is also monthly meetings being held and the OSC is starting to build up after a period of inactivity.

cashman 15-09-2010 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 844984)
To be fair Cashy, would you honestly turn up to a meeting that is going to discuss how to reduce your shareholding for EW/DON?

To be honest bdc, the jurys out wi me as too the best way/tactic forward, i said i hoped Rob Heys would appear (New Broom)- personally to make any decision, i would like to be aware of ALL arguments, only then is the time to come down one way or the other.IMHO.i am now left wi the thought, that they have nowt to defend, cos if i had, i'd sure as hell turn up.;)

Pendle Red 15-09-2010 07:39

An awful lot to take onboard at the meeting last night

Some really good points raised last night and also some good points already raised on this thread

As I have said previously I think there is a role for Supporters to have an input into the Club but it's what course that takes?

I suppose the point I was trying to make with my question with regard the wider community last night and I understand what was said about the wider three step plan but some of that could be a few years away yet.

My question was a more here & now scenario in how any reformation of things appeals & sits with the wider community in that I don't just mean the fans who attend games now but attracting new fans & wider investment into the Club now?

The steps taken now no matter how small will shape the Club possibly for generations, that's why in my opinion it can't be rushed and must be inclusive of all.

Everybody has a view and an opinion the question now is how best to harness that and take everybodies opinions onboard to create something that can take the Club forward as One.

There is so much passion for this Club from not just us the the fans but also people who work at the Club whether thats behind the scenes or on the pitch.

A Community Club is a wonderful vision and one I wholeheartedly support and done with as much input as possible from not just us fans, people at the Club, Council and business people who would all bring the right mix of ideas, passion, drive and commitment to help keep driving the Club forward.

VALAIRIAN 15-09-2010 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 844970)

I think that we all know - and IK alluded to it.. - Rob would only turn up if he was allowed to do so!!!!!!

VALAIRIAN 15-09-2010 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 844986)
I am against having a committee being formed as a board to govern the club, I think that it would be better to have the committee/ fans group being used to elect an independent board at an annual AGM (These should be voted in every year). I think having a number of individuals being involved in key decision making would take to long as a process to make decisions that are required to be made at a fast rate. I think that having fans as the main shareholders of the club is a good idea but ultimately this shouldn't involve EW or DON. Outside investment or commercial deals will not feed through to the club until we have shed our ghosts from the past so to speak.

I seem to recall that it was mentioned that the ASSF would be involved as the model for the fans to use to buy and sell shares etc. I personally think that surely this would be better to be discussed between the ASSF, OSC and the Ultras to form a group that suits all the needs of the groups. I think that we could potentially use the OSC as the basis of the committee model as there are a number of systems in place including for the payment of subscriptions which is integrated within the club infrastructure already. There is also monthly meetings being held and the OSC is starting to build up after a period of inactivity.

bdc, there is more of an overlap between O.S.C./A.S.S.F. and The Ultras than more people think/realise.... ;) :) :)