Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Tuesday Meeting (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/tuesday-meeting-54848.html)

Bagpuss 15-09-2010 18:04

Re: Tuesday Meeting

If in a few years time Stanley becomes a community club and Khans shares have been transfered, a new ground has been built and also transfered to the fans. That is the time when I predict I will win the lottery and would want to buy Stanley, if I offered good money for each share would you turn me away, do you know what I'm getting at?

VALAIRIAN 15-09-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy (Post 845114)
Quick thought: could there be a gym at the potential new ground. I see a lot of function rooms at other grounds but I can't see Stanley having enough interest for more than one. If there is going to be a new ground, can we stop spending money on our current pitch? Seems a bit silly.

That is something that is planned in!!!!! :)

mab 15-09-2010 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 845148)
If in a few years time Stanley becomes a community club and Khans shares have been transfered, a new ground has been built and also transfered to the fans. That is the time when I predict I will win the lottery and would want to buy Stanley, if I offered good money for each share would you turn me away, do you know what I'm getting at?

:) Hi Baggy sorry fella,with what was said last night no one would be allowed to own more than (i'll us the figure which was put out last night but not set in stone) 4.9%:)

Doug 15-09-2010 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 845161)
:) Hi Baggy sorry fella,with what was said last night no one would be allowed to own more than (i'll us the figure which was put out last night but not set in stone) 4.9%:)

What actually is that in real money terms of the 200k; what is the value of 4.9%, the cost to you and me.....

fc:stanley 15-09-2010 18:45

too good to be true maybe?

lancsdave 15-09-2010 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 845176)
What actually is that in real money terms of the 200k; what is the value of 4.9%, the cost to you and me.....

Based on the club's current value, nowt :)

mab 15-09-2010 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 845176)

No figuer was stated in money terms last night Doug!! but what was said is that anyone who wanted shares could pay in instalments weekly or monthly. Val may be able to shed more light on this:)

lancsdave 15-09-2010 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 845185)
No figuer was stated in money terms last night Doug!! but what was said is that anyone who wanted shares could pay in instalments weekly or monthly. Val may be able to shed more light on this:)

No pressure on Val then :D

Noboy can say how much they will be because it all has to be decided when the constitution is formed and officials elected. I think the constitution will state the maximum shareholding and the value of shares will be decided by the elected commitee/board. I could be wrong though.

I think what's important for everyone to remember is that nothing has been decided yet, it was all merely suggestions and ideas. The next step is the draft constitution to be posted on here next week.

VALAIRIAN 15-09-2010 19:38

What I heard was "An additional 200'000 shares" no talk of ££'ss" Ilyas stated that these shares could be bought by FANs, paid for upfront, or weekly/monthly, money was not the issue, it was about "Ownership" :confused: :confused: :confused: :)

mab 15-09-2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 845214)
What I heard was "An additional 200'000 shares" no talk of ££'ss" Ilyas stated that these shares could be bought by FANs, paid for upfront, or weekly/monthly, money was not the issue, it was about "Ownership" :confused: :confused: :confused: :)

:) Cheers VAL :)

VALAIRIAN 15-09-2010 19:47

Do not quote me Mab :o :o :)

Peterdavies 15-09-2010 21:33

I suggest you look at the following link to get a feel of what can be done, and outline of a dream that is obviously working, because no-one "owns" the club

FCUM

Ilyas mentioned Madrid and hundreds of thousands. Actually thy have less than 100,000 members, and that is REAL MADRID. Would be nice to sign Messi, Robhino, etc, but lets make do with buying Brett back, when his time comes, and with 2-3,000 members, and a proper constitution, who knows.

I was disappointed with all the ill feeling towards EW and DO'N, let's leave it, move on with the dream, and look forward to the next forty years

Doug 15-09-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterdavies (Post 845268)
I suggest you look at the following link to get a feel of what can be done, and outline of a dream that is obviously working, because no-one "owns" the club

FCUM

Ilyas mentioned Madrid and hundreds of thousands. Actually thy have less than 100,000 members, and that is REAL MADRID. Would be nice to sign Messi, Robhino, etc, but lets make do with buying Brett back, when his time comes, and with 2-3,000 members, and a proper constitution, who knows.

I was disappointed with all the ill feeling towards EW and DO'N, let's leave it, move on with the dream, and look forward to the next forty years

Very interesting reading. :) I love the Pound for the Ground Idea.

Peterdavies 15-09-2010 21:55

If you look at Real madrid, also as an example, its a bit like the old Working Men's Club set up. Committee, elected by the members, set the rules. Certain restrictions in place, length of service, etc (so committee cant decide to change rules and be in office for ever), and certain members get paid. Like it would be a good idea to pay the secretary of the committee, cos there are probably some legal responsibilities, and maybe good having a lawyer on the committee too. So, maybe have some "honarary" committee members, paid a fee to act as consultants - lawyer, secretary and maybe treasurer. After that, the committee is elected by voting, volunteers proposed and seconded by other members to act on the committee. Must attend, miss two meetings and resigned, etc.

Not rocket science, and keeping it simple allows everyone to understand

lancsdave 15-09-2010 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterdavies (Post 845277)
and keeping it simple allows everyone to understand

Not me, I don't speak Spanish :D