Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Disgrace (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/disgrace-66934.html)

Somerset 09-01-2015 16:21

Re: Disgrace

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington (Post 1129080)
You're giving off the impression that you think the club controls the weather. It doesn't.

Take a look at how much rain fell this afternoon - how is a League Two pitch, even one which is as good and well looked after as Stanley's, meant to cope with that?

After last season's debacle when it was called off at 2.30pm with a 3.00pm kick-off, I think we should be grateful that the decision has been made early to prevent the majority of both sets of supporters from travelling and wasting their time.

I have seen photos of the pitch on the website and it doesn't look playable at all, but if the pitch had been covered yesterday prior to the rainstorm, the game would have more than likely been on tonight.

Somerset 09-01-2015 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbyman (Post 1129084)
I have been to the ground several times today.....and at 3.30 pm the game would have been still been on...that just shows what a great effort Buzzer has made...if you haven't been on the scrumpy you might as well be as you are obviously already brain dead.

Why brain dead? I'm just saying that 2 home games in a row being off is a disgrace and hopefully won't be 3 in a row like in Dec 2010

Somerset 09-01-2015 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington (Post 1129083)
Almost impossible to do.

Go to the club site and look at how much standing water there is on the pitch. Now, imagine that on top of the covers. You'd do well to move the covers without the water spilling onto the pitch.

I'm sure that Buzzer will have tried his hardest to get the game on but he's a one-man team and can only do so much. I'm not sure what you expect him or the club to do when you get a monsoon throwing 10mm of water onto the pitch in the space of about three hours.

League One and Championship pitches would have struggled to cope with that, never mind Stanley's.

I have been to the club site and seen photos of the pitch which doesn't look playable at all, and how is it almost impossible to do?

StanleyAccrington 09-01-2015 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1129087)
I have been to the club site and seen photos of the pitch which doesn't look playable at all, and how is it almost impossible to do?

Where do you put the water that's accumulated on top of the covers? It has to go somewhere. As I said earlier, it would be difficult to move the covers without water spilling onto the pitch.

Chubbyman 09-01-2015 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1129086)
Why brain dead? I'm just saying that 2 home games in a row being off is a disgrace and hopefully won't be 3 in a row like in Dec 2010

you've answered it yourself.

deeayess 09-01-2015 16:31

Do they still do thinking dogs for the stupid. If so you should apply for one.

Somerset 09-01-2015 16:33

For any club in the UK to have 2 or more home games in a row postponed is a disgrace, ok

smobile 09-01-2015 16:35

We need this like a hole in the head. No home game for 6 weeks by the time we play Northampton. With our finances it very worrying.

No chance of it being on though from photos I've seen. Nice and early sensible decision for once.

Chubbyman 09-01-2015 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1129092)
For any club in the UK to have 2 or more home games in a row postponed is a disgrace, ok

Open another flagon and please fall asleep ASAP

Morecambe_Red 09-01-2015 16:45

Big Kev could have tested the pitch

Somerset 09-01-2015 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbyman (Post 1129094)
Open another flagon and please fall asleep ASAP

Why?

AccyMad 09-01-2015 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1129092)

So you keep saying! And now that we all know you can spell 'disgrace' be a good lad & go sit in a corner to practice doing it in your best handwriting :rolleyes:

accybeme 09-01-2015 16:53

everyone is entitled to an opinion, (even somerset & big kev) just don't expect others to agree with them

Somerset 09-01-2015 16:53

If the club had done more to get the game on by covering the pitch prior to the rainstorm, the game would have more than likely been on and I wouldn't have posted on here.

Chubbyman 09-01-2015 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1129100)
If the club had done more to get the game on by covering the pitch prior to the rainstorm, the game would have more than likely been on and I wouldn't have posted on here.

The second word is OFF