Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2011, 15:48   #1336
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

I missed two days on the trot because when i looked in the morning they were doing maintenance -then i forgot to play later in the day. Creature of habit....

My placing is slipping day by day-must try harder!
The one I got wrong today was about some American sportsman -haven't got a clue....

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2011, 22:29   #1337
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I missed two days on the trot because when i looked in the morning they were doing maintenance -then i forgot to play later in the day. Creature of habit....

My placing is slipping day by day-must try harder!
The one I got wrong today was about some American sportsman -haven't got a clue....
If I see you havn't played and it's quite late I'll remind you.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 10:26   #1338
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well done today Steve hope no one beats your time. I was rubbish - movies again my downfall.

Also I just did not understand one question, will try and post it tomorrow to see if anyone knows what it means...

My wish list for questions: classical music, opera, science, literature

Oh well... dream on!
Congrats to Garinda, Mobertol and Steve all perfect scores today!

I got a question today that I am still blinking at, or rather a non-question. Will share it with you tomorrow, it's so crass in my opinion. Sorry to sound so pompous, but there's trivia and there's utter cr*p.

As for yesterday's teaser that floored me it went something like this:

There was the usual preamble about somethiing I'd never heard of and then it said - how many cars make a full field? The answer was 22 and I haven't a clue what it's about.

Have a good day

Sue
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 10:38   #1339
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Congrats to Garinda, Mobertol and Steve all perfect scores today!

I got a question today that I am still blinking at, or rather a non-question. Will share it with you tomorrow, it's so crass in my opinion. Sorry to sound so pompous, but there's trivia and there's utter cr*p.

As for yesterday's teaser that floored me it went something like this:

There was the usual preamble about somethiing I'd never heard of and then it said - how many cars make a full field? The answer was 22 and I haven't a clue what it's about.

Have a good day

Sue

You have a good (birth) day too. x

Wise, not posting questions, whilst the day's quiz is still active.

Agreed, some questions are beyond weird.

Fairer when we all have the same questions.

Will email our quiz host, to check if it can start from the start of next month's tournament.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 10:59   #1340
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You have a good (birth) day too. x

Wise, not posting questions, whilst the day's quiz is still active.

Agreed, some questions are beyond weird.

Fairer when we all have the same questions.

Will email our quiz host, to check if it can start from the start of next month's tournament.
Thanks G, would be nice if it could be a bit more Brit-centric too but I suppose that's impossible.
Old 28-11-2011, 11:33   #1341
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thanks G, would be nice if it could be a bit more Brit-centric too but I suppose that's impossible.
We used to have a Virginian family play the quiz.

Very clever, but the rest of us did think they had rather an unfair advantage of the rest of us.

At least we're all in the same boat now.

Except for ex-pats...but it hasn't held her back today.

The clever clogs.

Old 28-11-2011, 12:04   #1342
God Member

Quote:
Except for ex-pats...but it hasn't held her back today.

The clever clogs.

I have a new secret weapon...... a clock ticking in front to me so I go faster.... (Got the vaseline out again too!)

You look to have this month pretty well wrapped up in any case, so clever clogs yourself......it is deserved though as you have won the most individual days...(the last very grudgingly added)

Am preparing to throw down the gauntlet again for next month with a rallying cry.......watch this space

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-11-2011, 12:16   #1343
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have a new secret weapon...... a clock ticking in front to me so I go faster.... (Got the vaseline out again too!)

You look to have this month pretty well wrapped up in any case, so clever clogs yourself......it is deserved though as you have won the most individual days...(the last very grudgingly added)

Am preparing to throw down the gauntlet again for next month with a rallying cry.......watch this space
No, with so many people playing now, and so many points available, Mickmcacc could easily snatch it from me.

Your gauntlet's still attached to the other one, on elastic threaded through your coat's sleeves, by the way.

Old 28-11-2011, 12:37   #1344
God Member

Quote:
No, with so many people playing now, and so many points available, Mickmcacc could easily snatch it from me.

Your gauntlet's still attached to the other one, on elastic threaded through your coat's sleeves, by the way.

Ah, a twitch on the thread and it will be ready for the challenge -i intend to wear my new flowing gown and trample you with my chariot and horses. Be prepared.... i will tend to your injuries lovingly for a small charge.... off to gather roots to prepare some woad....Boadicea.x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sculpture.jpg (28.7 KB, 0 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-11-2011, 13:06   #1345
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Ah, a twitch on the thread and it will be ready for the challenge -i intend to wear my new flowing gown and trample you with my chariot and horses. Be prepared.... i will tend to your injuries lovingly for a small charge.... off to gather roots to prepare some woad....Boadicea.x
All the while singing this song

Woad
(to the tune "Men of Harlech")

What's the use of wearing braces ?
Vests and pants and boots with laces ?
Spats and hats you buy in places
Down the Brompton Road ?
What's the use of shirts of cotton ?
Studs that always get forgotten ?
These affairs are simply rotten,
Better far is woad.

Woad's the stuff to show men.
Woad to scare your foemen.
Boil it to a brilliant hue
And rub it on your back and your abdomen.
Ancient Briton ne'er did hit on
Anything as good as woad to fit on
Neck or knees or where you sit on.
Tailors you be blowed !!

Romans came across the channel
All dressed up in tin and flannel
Half a pint of woad per man'll
Dress us more than these.
Saxons you can waste your stitches
Building beds for bugs in britches
We have woad to clothe us which is
Not a nest for fleas

Romans keep your armours,
Saxons your pyjamas.
Hairy coats were made for goats,
Gorillas, yaks, retriever dogs and llamas
Tramp up Snowdon with your woad on,
Never mind if you get rained or blowed on
Never want a button sewed on.
Go it Ancient B's !!

At the risk of upsetting someone with a biology/botany degree, don't you make woad from leaves not roots?

Extraction of Woad by Teresinha Roberts
Old 28-11-2011, 14:40   #1346
God Member

Quote:
All the while singing this song

At the risk of upsetting someone with a biology/botany degree, don't you make woad from leaves not roots?

Extraction of Woad by Teresinha Roberts
Yep -you're right -never made any myself.

Like the song -especially the bit about it being the stuff to show men and your foe-men -think it's time a woman won the Daily trivia quiz -my bet's on you being the first Sue -keep up the good work!

I fancy using the Woad something like Keira Knightly as Marion in Arthur - nice patterns on her face -very pretty sort of tendril design...will find her as my avatar for the first of the month....!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 28-11-2011, 19:58   #1347
Full Member+

Quote:
Yep -you're right -never made any myself.

Like the song -especially the bit about it being the stuff to show men and your foe-men -think it's time a woman won the Daily trivia quiz -my bet's on you being the first Sue -keep up the good work!

I fancy using the Woad something like Keira Knightly as Marion in Arthur - nice patterns on her face -very pretty sort of tendril design...will find her as my avatar for the first of the month....!
Well done today, Dianne....looks like a winning score to me.
A woman Daily Trivia Quiz winner...!!? No chance, haha!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 10:27   #1348
Resting In Peace

Quote:
As promised here is the question that made me so cross:

A waiter brings around a tray of crab puffs during the evening. How many should you take at one time?
Your Answer: none
The correct answer was 1.
These tasty tidbits are to whet the appetite so don't pig out, unless they have those cocktail weenies wrapped in dough. Then all bets are off and be thankful you lined you pockets with plastic bags.

Sorry but if this is supposed to be worthy of inclusion in a quiz however trivial then I'm not sure I want to know.

I really do sound like a pompous smartass don't I? maybe I am but I really don't care.

Rant over, for now!
Old 29-11-2011, 10:41   #1349
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As promised here is the question that made me so cross:

A waiter brings around a tray of crab puffs during the evening. How many should you take at one time?
Your Answer: none
The correct answer was 1.
These tasty tidbits are to whet the appetite so don't pig out, unless they have those cocktail weenies wrapped in dough. Then all bets are off and be thankful you lined you pockets with plastic bags.

Sorry but if this is supposed to be worthy of inclusion in a quiz however trivial then I'm not sure I want to know.

I really do sound like a pompous smartass don't I? maybe I am but I really don't care.

Rant over, for now!
Oh those so called (American) etiquette questions do drive you mad.

They are as frustrating for us all, though.

Since none of us live in apartment above a beauty salon, on the outskirts of Little Rock.

Where these issues must be very important worries.

Old 29-11-2011, 10:44   #1350
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Oh those so called (American) etiquette questions do drive you mad.

They are as frustrating for us all, though.

Since none of us live in apartment above a beauty salon, on the outskirts of Little Rock.

Where these issues must be very important worries.

So I can expect more of the same????????

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..