Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2007, 21:04   #16
God Member

Re: New blue bag ?

well our black wheely bins only get collected every other week, its been like that for years, it gets a bit annoying when you have a lot to throw out such as old toys when tidying the childs room etc...seems accrington is a bit behind blackburn
Old 17-02-2007, 21:05   #17
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

just put glass in blue box
Old 17-02-2007, 21:07   #18
God Member

all our glass n cans n tins go in the same box, that seems a bit strange only putting glass in it, surely that would mean paying more people to do the job of collecting more recycling bins rather than just collecting one
Old 17-02-2007, 21:11   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

we used have the same but for some reason the bloody council changed it!!
Old 17-02-2007, 21:13   #20
God Member

i'm sure hbc have there heads up there backsides when it comes to money
Old 19-02-2007, 17:25   #21
Resting in Peace

Must admit all credit to HBC for quick reply to my E-Mail:-

"Thank you for your enquiry .. the bag you have received has been delivered to you in error, it is a bag given to residents who cannot lift their blue box. I have arranged for your box to be returned to you as soon as possible."

OK. which neighbour saw me tottering over on my stilettos whilst carrying blue box OR which Accywebber thought I was in need of help after observing at the last monthly meet, that I was a little unsteady on my feet?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 17:26   #22
God Member

lol i can just imagine you in your stilettos kate putting the bins out
Old 19-02-2007, 17:33   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol i can just imagine you in your stilettos kate putting the bins out
Can't drop yer standards flashy .. will be wearing these bloody things when I am pushing me zimmer..
Old 19-02-2007, 18:24   #24
God Member

lol pride must abide
Old 19-02-2007, 22:37   #25
Give, give, give member

Lol, Kate.

Matter settled then.

Totter?

Never.

Maybe a bit unsteady sometimes...but you always do it with such style.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 23:06   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

never had a blue box! they apparently were left on the front path,long ago, when we discovered everyone had one n we didn,t paris rang em up---- no problem madam we will drop one off, 6 months later rang again wheres the blue box? -- what blue box--- the one you promised us n never delivered.--- oh sorry no record of that--- well we want one---- ok we will drop one off --- are you sure? --- positive madam. in next 7/10 days.---that was over 1 year ago i think,we was away when the original box was delivered,so its obviously been snaffled as a toy box or summat i suppose.
Old 24-02-2007, 09:48   #27
Resting in Peace

Just to let you know the conclusion of this little drama

Got a brand new blue box delivered yesterday AND with a lid ..
Only got one item though yet in 10 days, bottle that contained my Caesar dressing, looks a little lonely.

Cashman, try their E-mail system .. seemed to work for me .. at least they have something to print out and not just verbal, which is easily forgotton.
Old 13-03-2007, 19:20   #28
Resting in Peace

Sob,sob, getting out my blue box for tomorrow's collection some thieving b****** has pinched me lid during the last two weeks been away, most days ... Ok which one of you is it ? ... Serves me right, I suppose for bragging.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..