Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 04:31   #346
Resting in Peace

re: Planning Applications

181 is the Globe next to the last orders its on the other side from glynn webs
The Oak tree is 438 is near the garage on Blackburn road at the Church end
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2009, 09:15   #347
Resting in Peace

Thanks Mick and Benipete, and Bernie too.

So settled then Steeljack ... only one Oak Tree near to the border of Church ... notice you asked about the Globe in another thread, now you know what is happening to it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 17:33   #348
Senior Member+

The Oak Tree was virtually next door to the Queen's/Tudor, but not sure after all this time just where the boundary was?
Old 04-08-2009, 18:29   #349
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The Oak Tree was virtually next door to the Queen's/Tudor, but not sure after all this time just where the boundary was?
We had a thread about it, when they drained the lodge accross the road from it and wanted to shift the boundary so the housing estate wouldn't be split between Church and Accy.
I recall that the boundary was between the pub and the Queens.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 18:51   #350
Resting in Peace

The Aldi application at Great Harwood was recommended for refusal, wonder if this is what happened at today's planning meeting ? There is a link below (bit long) if you wish to see why .. have to scroll down :

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...ermination.pdf
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46   #351
God Member

Working with Aldi's marketing dept I submitted a positive plea on behalf of residents who will be living close to this store and supposedly this was addressed by the Chair of the planning committee although I haven't heard what the outcome has been as yet!!

i hope we get it, in fact they can sack tesco off for me and just have the aldis...although if both go ahead I do think it will be the death of Co-op unless they bring their prices down dramatically

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55   #352
God Member

Re: Planning Applications

well the planning has been passed for the aldi store

see excerpt from Email I have received..

I can let you know that (despite the planning officers recommendation to refuse on grounds of need) the planning committee (your locally elected councillors) took a different view – and decided to approve this application. Therefore – I hope you will be pleased that Aldi will be coming to Great Harwood!

The committee’s decision was certainly helped by local residents letting Aldi know their supportive views in the first place, and then contacting/emailing local councillors. Also a local resident spoke at committee as a local resident in support of the proposal – and a number of other local residents also turned up. This all really helped.

As a result, I’m sure you (and other local residents who supported this scheme) will be pleased to see/learn that local democracy in Hyndburn Council really does work – and cllrs made their own minds up on the day.

Please contact me if you require any further information, but as stated I will get a letter out to all residents who have expressed an interest – so all are updated.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Well I am pleased about it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 17:57   #353
Resting in Peace

Wow ! thanks HR ... that is a turn for the books.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:11   #354
Resting in Peace

11/09/0333 Full : Change of use from PCT Resource Centre to a Drugs & Alcohol Resource Centre
and installation of additional door to front
elevation. Eagle Street House 33 Eagle Street Accrington BB5 1LN 05/08/2009

East Lancs PCT

Well, there it is.

11/09/0306 Full Application: Change of use from A1 12 - 14 Union Street Accrington 27/07/2009
(Retail) to A2 (Book Makers) including the
installation of 4 satellite dishes and air
conditioning units
Paddy Power PLC
11/09/0307 Advert Application: Installation of 2 No 12 - 14 Union Street Accrington 27/07/2009
internally illuminated fascia signs
Paddy Power PLC

They appear to be doing OK.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:26   #355
God Member

I posted about the drug and alcohol plans weeks ago, has it been passed? Mind you it is bound to not enough residents in the area to object.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02   #356
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I posted about the drug and alcohol plans weeks ago, has it been passed? Mind you it is bound to not enough residents in the area to object.
Yes, I know Bernie, was just confirming that the Planning Application has been submitted. The next planning meeting is scheduled for 26th August, will have to see whether it comes up for determination at this meeting.
Old 19-08-2009, 20:31   #357

link to the agenda for next Wednesday's planning meeting (it is held at Scaitcliffe House at 11am)
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...26-08-2009.pdf
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...ination_1_.pdf
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 23:25   #358
Resting in Peace

Thanks Claytonener, must admit thought this one was in the bag :

Accrington sixth form plans delayed over traffic fears (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Still, expect the school runners will be expected to drop their kids off by car until they are 18, so back to plan 'B' I guess for the traffic planners.
Old 27-08-2009, 23:42   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks Claytonener, must admit thought this one was in the bag :

Accrington sixth form plans delayed over traffic fears (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Still, expect the school runners will be expected to drop their kids off by car until they are 18, so back to plan 'B' I guess for the traffic planners.
I spoke against the application, as it was presented to the committee (I was not on the planning committee).

The highways issue is really horrendous and hate to think what the extra pupils would mean, also there are only another 13 car parking spaces in the plans. The schools travel plan (produced in November 2007) states that car parking is a problem. The fact that most of the pupil come from outside the borough (Burnley, Nelson, Fence, Barrowford) makes 'green travel' impossible. The school also intends to have night classes and as the nearest public transport at night is at the junction of Queens Road West and Whalley Road, all the evening students will be using cars to access the building.

The other issue is the siting of the building within the site - a 3 story building over 20 metres high will overshadow the houses on Queens Road West and result in a loss of privacy etc, not to mention the disruption of people and traffic coming and going from 8am to possibly 11pm. The building could be sited in another location on the site but the head wants it to be a 'Statement', so wants it on the Queens Road West site.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:37   #360
Resting in Peace

Got that Claytonender ... the LET report made the objection sound a little petty but, put that way, it isn't ... would be a big problem.

Surely not 'most' of the students coming from the Burnley area? One would hope is there mainly for Hyndburn students.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..