Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2008, 21:36   #1
God Member

Dancing with the stars

Has any body watched the American version of Strictly - it's on Watch TV.

I don't recognise any of the 'stars' but I think the 80 yr old 'star' is good for her age.

A few things puzzle me though - Bruno and Len are judges on the show - they must fly over to America every week and then back again for the UK show. I wonder what night the American programme is shown on!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2008, 21:43   #2
God Member

Re: Dancing with the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Has any body watched the American version of Strictly - it's on Watch TV.

I don't recognise any of the 'stars' but I think the 80 yr old 'star' is good for her age.

A few things puzzle me though - Bruno and Len are judges on the show - they must fly over to America every week and then back again for the UK show. I wonder what night the American programme is shown on!
Gayle....you should see the Spanish version of come dancing...It is so funny....The dance floor is no bigger than a dartboard and the dancers absolute zombies....the audience is canned and I shudder to think that a good British Production is presented in this way.
I'ts bloody awful....The Spanish for that is 'Moy Mal'

The last episode featured a bullfighter and the way he left the stage I would have thought he would rather have a bulls horn up his jacksie that be judged by the morons in front of him.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 31-10-2008 at 21:49.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 21:47   #3
God Member

Well I've just checked the American schedules and it's aired on Monday with the results show on Wednesday.

Old 31-10-2008, 21:57   #4
God Member

Yes Len and Bruno do commute each week, never seen the American version but they quite often speak to Len by phone for It Takes Two during the week
Old 31-10-2008, 21:58   #5
God Member

They must fly out right after the show in the UK.

Old 31-10-2008, 22:04   #6
God Member

Was a rumour the other week that Len was going to be quitting the British version as the travelling was getting to much. Don't think it is true though
Old 01-11-2008, 01:59   #7
God Member

Quote:

Well I've just checked the American schedules and it's aired on Monday with the results show on Wednesday.
Why anyone in their right mind would want to watch this mindless rubbish when Doc Martin is showing on another channel ( Channel 10 ,SF/Bay Area ) at the same time is beyond me
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:42   #8
Senior Member+

Len & Bruno have travelled over to America every week for years! They get on a plane Sunday morning after the British show and come back Thursday morning. Len is currently on a 2 week break from the American version, because its all got a bit too much for him. You could tell actually on last weeks Strictly (UK) he was in a very bad mood. Michael Flatley is taking over from him, and has been a big hit.

I have watched the American version for the last 3 years, and have seen the best dance on any show on that version. It was on the 1st show of last season, cant seem to find her name atm but she is one of the "Cheetah Girls" it was a jive. Amazing!!!

I suppose its my sadness but have known, barr a few, who every single contestant on the American version for years. Mel B was very good last year. I thought Toni Braxton was amazing this year, but shes now been eliminated.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:25   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was a rumour the other week that Len was going to be quitting the British version as the travelling was getting to much. Don't think it is true though
It is true Bernie, but guess who they are lining up to take his place, seems he stood in for Len in the States the other week, none other than Lord of the Dance Michael Flatley. It seems Len has said commuting across the pond twice a week is getting to much for him, and he gets paid a hell of a site more than he does over here
Old 01-11-2008, 09:47   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It is true Bernie, but guess who they are lining up to take his place, seems he stood in for Len in the States the other week, none other than Lord of the Dance Michael Flatley. It seems Len has said commuting across the pond twice a week is getting to much for him, and he gets paid a hell of a site more than he does over here
That is a shame, I think he brings a bit of fairness to some of the very cutting comments the other judges make. Think you can be honest without being hurtful as they sometimes are
Old 01-11-2008, 10:44   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
That is a shame, I think he brings a bit of fairness to some of the very cutting comments the other judges make. Think you can be honest without being hurtful as they sometimes are
Totally agree Bernie, sometimes I feel like dragging the Aussie buffoon Craig out of the telly and give him a good slap, there's no need for some of the things he says, and your right about Len, he tells it as it is and is never far wrong
Old 01-11-2008, 13:17   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
They get on a plane Sunday morning after the British show and come back Thursday morning.
Well that brings up something that's I've been pondering over for some time. The British results show is on Sunday night - I've wondered if they recorded it on a Saturday night because the lines close at 10pm don't they. But they still say on Sunday 'Live from.......'

Old 01-11-2008, 14:11   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well that brings up something that's I've been pondering over for some time. The British results show is on Sunday night - I've wondered if they recorded it on a Saturday night because the lines close at 10pm don't they. But they still say on Sunday 'Live from.......'
The lines close at 9pm Gayle not 10pm and they do record it on Saturday night, if they say its live they're telling porkie pies
Old 01-11-2008, 22:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The lines close at 9pm Gayle not 10pm and they do record it on Saturday night, if they say its live they're telling porkie pies

Pedant!

Anyway, I shall be watching and listening very closely tomorrow night to hear what they say when it starts.

Old 01-11-2008, 22:28   #15
God Member

Could be wrong but think they just welcome viewers to the "Sunday night result show", like you Gayle will be listening very closely to see if they claim it is "live"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..