Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2011, 13:22   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Edward V11 - Prince of Pleasure" BBC2 at 9pm

Do you know what, I am gutted as to how my lovely local history story has been "attacked".
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2011, 13:58   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Do you know what, I am gutted as to how my lovely local history story has been "attacked".
I did apologise earlier realising it was a complete side track, Atarah, and i agree it is a lovely story, so often things get lost in the past and little clues in the streets and buildings are all that remain -it's so interesting to find out about local history and the people that made up our town's past...sorry again

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 15:29   #48
Give, give, give member

We are in the telly section.

Brain dead wandering's allowed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 08:34   #49

This is an old post I know but I am researching for the National Trust and am investigating the Hartmann family. Through your excellent sleuthing I have discovered a large chunk in one go which is excellent. Did you ever hear from Sophie Hartmann again this looked like a really good connection.
Emma Steiner married James Hartmann and their son was James Frederick Phillipe Maximillian Hartmann who died in an accident in Switzerland in 1921, I have not been able to find any more details about this. However, in the 1891 census he says he was born in Ireland, is there any suggestion that he was the result of Emma's 'relationship' with Edward VII?
James and Emma rented Saltram House in Devon from the Earl of Morley and seemed to have used it as a summer residence for a while. They were friends not only of the Morleys but also the Earls of Mount Edgcumbe and eventually their families become linked through the marriage of James Frederick to Constance Lister.

Any other information you may have would be welcome. Riversideresearch
riversideresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 16:19   #50
God Member

The TV programme, which started this thread, repeats tonight (Thursday 5th jan) on Yesterday channel (freeview 12) at 9pm.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..