Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2011, 05:15   #1
God Member

movie remakes 'the Mechanic'

seems Jason Statham (ex British Olympic diver/gymnast wanabee) is the new Hollywood 'hardman' .
Why Hollywood would ever want to remake the Bronson classic boggles the mind , and why cast this wooden cretin in the Bronson role is beyond belief , due to open in the States on the 28th , not sure of the UK .
expect to see on cable TV by July and free TV by October

YouTube - CBSFilms's Channel

my own thoughts on why Hollywood likes to use short (Height imparied) actors is that they look more normal in cinemascope /wide screen TV
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2011, 08:12   #2
JFT96

Re: movie remakes 'the Mechanic'

No doubt it will have a happy ending, completely missing the point of the original.
Another re make I will not be watching.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 08:43   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
No doubt it will have a happy ending, completely missing the point of the original.
Another re make I will not be watching.
Seem to agree with you there BG why do they spoil old classics, another one they have remade is True Grit the John Wayne classic, the Duke will be spinning in his grave
Old 05-02-2011, 19:24   #4

I enjoyed the new version of True Grit. Yes it's darker than the original, but I thought it was easily comparable to the original and in some ways even better.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..