Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2008, 12:34   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Strictly Come Dancing 2008

Well they made a massive cock up last night didnt they!?! I realised what was going to happen when it showed the full leader board last night.

I cant understand why the producers didnt think about this before hand, its just simple maths at the end of the day.

Brendan Cole looked furious at the end of the results last night, as did the judges who are said to be very angry!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2008, 13:25   #122
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Well they made a massive cock up last night didnt they!?! I realised what was going to happen when it showed the full leader board last night.

I cant understand why the producers didnt think about this before hand, its just simple maths at the end of the day.

Brendan Cole looked furious at the end of the results last night, as did the judges who are said to be very angry!
It's a good that the dancing was entertaining, because the rest of it was a shambles!

I believe the whole thing was a set up, just so they could still have three couples in the finals, even though John left.

Rachel recieved rave reviews from the judges for her last dance, but then poor marks, meaning she'd tied for first place with Lisa.

The phone lines opened, and when they came back for the results show, that's when they say it was realised that the public vote would make no difference to the result.

The tie for first place was planned, and the whole thing stinks.

Apparently there's been scores of complaints.

After all the recent scandals you'd have thought the B.B.C. would realise it needs to be be squeaky clean, which this proves it isn't.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 13:36   #123
God Member

Can somebody please explain why it happened. Is it because two couples tied in first place?

Must say I am glad Tom got into the finals he has been brilliant all the way through.

As for Brendan he acts like a spoiled child storming off when he doesn't like the marks.

Hope Rachael wins, think she is superb
Old 14-12-2008, 14:55   #124
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Can somebody please explain why it happened. Is it because two couples tied in first place?
Yes, and in my opinion that tied first place was a fix, because Rachel got great comments, then a relatively poor score, which ensured a tie, and which meant Tom would be in the dance off, even if he got the most public votes.

Viewers’ fury at Strictly vote shambles: All three couples stay in after scoring bungle leaves Tom in certain dance-off | Mail Online

Old 14-12-2008, 15:02   #125
God Member

Thanks G can't give you green stuff got to spread it around
Old 14-12-2008, 16:53   #126
white rabbits

I think the programme has lost all its credibility...I hope Tom wins now,,,but he wont because i think its a foregone conclusion to see him off,,
Old 14-12-2008, 17:06   #127

Rachel is by far the best dancer. Tom, no, he is not to me. Very smarmy too.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 17:37   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i still can't get me head around this- a Tie, no way, in all me years can never remember a tie in Local or General Elections, very close so a recount many times, but a tie? smacks of a fix to me.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:10   #129
Senior Member+

Its all explained here Cashy:

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Voting review for BBC's Strictly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 10:21   #130
Resting in Peace

Arlene Philips was BBC Breakfast this morning, it was very interesting what she had to say, apparently the judges have a key panel each for scoring and the minute the dancing stops they key in their score, they do not deliberate and collude in any way. If you remember there were only two in last years final caused Kelly Broke dropping out, so two wouldn't have been a problem has has been suggested. it appears that irrespective of votes cast the one gaining the most votes gets 3 points the second gets 2 and the third 3 just like the judges leader board. As I said on another thread I missed the show on Saturday night and was going to watch it on the Iplayer as Rindi suggested, then in waltzes my Granddaughter who had taped it, apparently my daughter had said she would get plenty of Brownie points from me if she brought the tape round, she's now my favourite
Old 15-12-2008, 10:28   #131
God Member

I get it now and think it was the right decision. Even if every member of the public had voted for Tom he would still have been in the dance off. So I think they just did right.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:41   #132
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Arlene Philips was BBC Breakfast this morning, it was very interesting what she had to say, apparently the judges have a key panel each for scoring and the minute the dancing stops they key in their score, they do not deliberate and collude in any way. If you remember there were only two in last years final caused Kelly Broke dropping out, so two wouldn't have been a problem has has been suggested. it appears that irrespective of votes cast the one gaining the most votes gets 3 points the second gets 2 and the third 3 just like the judges leader board. As I said on another thread I missed the show on Saturday night and was going to watch it on the Iplayer as Rindi suggested, then in waltzes my Granddaughter who had taped it, apparently my daughter had said she would get plenty of Brownie points from me if she brought the tape round, she's now my favourite
The judges can quite easily collude.

The comments Rachel received for her second dance certainly didn't reflect the marks they subsequently awarded, which brought about the tied first place.

It certainly doesn't excuse the fact that the phonelines were opened, and then closed, because Tom couldn't be saved from the dance off, no matter what the public vote was. Anyone with any sense might have foreseen this happening.

It's not rocket science. The people in charge made one almighty cock up, by not seeing this straight away, but only when the phonelines had been open for an hour, and people thought they'd wasted their money, hence all the complaints.

Old 15-12-2008, 11:30   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The judges can quite easily collude.

The comments Rachel received for her second dance certainly didn't reflect the marks they subsequently awarded, which brought about the tied first place.

It certainly doesn't excuse the fact that the phonelines were opened, and then closed, because Tom couldn't be saved from the dance off, no matter what the public vote was. Anyone with any sense might have foreseen this happening.

It's not rocket science. The people in charge made one almighty cock up, by not seeing this straight away, but only when the phonelines had been open for an hour, and people thought they'd wasted their money, hence all the complaints.
Well I do tend to agree with you on this Rindi, but the thing is its the first time its happened and we are on series 6 now, but to me if your having a phone vote it should be votes actually cast and not 3 points for the first etc, then their would be no problem
Old 15-12-2008, 12:28   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
thanks lolly, read it n it still sucks to me.
Old 15-12-2008, 12:38   #135
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thanks lolly, read it n it still sucks to me.
Me too...............

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..