Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 07:45   #16
Roy
Administrator

Re: Editing messages is no longer allowed.

Quote:
Roy, Is there any chance of adding a spellchecking facility?
I'll put that on the to-do list! It is possible, yes.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2004, 12:26   #17
Junior Member+

IF you all would read and self edit what you are intending to post BEFORE you post it, wouldn't that eliminate most of the problem here? Just a thought.
AnotherJFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 15:53   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherJFK
IF you all would read and self edit what you are intending to post BEFORE you post it, wouldn't that eliminate most of the problem here? Just a thought.
Actually the problem arrises for many varied reasons... rushing... only when you settle down do you realise the mistakes you ahve made and then go back

then theres the poeple who post in anger or excitment or even after a few drinks.. then when they calm down or sober up they regret what they have posted and want to change it.

then theres the real whimps who post somehting then when they see other peoples reaction get panicky and want to retract.

Also you might make a post and then remember something you have forgot to say.. editing is better than another post..

Theres lots of reasons for wanting to edit.. some innocent, some unavoidable and some a downright pain..
Old 06-08-2004, 17:20   #19
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I would rather read threads with spelling mistakes but it does annoy when people remove or edit their posts for whatever reason but moderators don't be too hard on Doug, the guy has apologised and remember threads can be ruined when you remove members posts.
I had one of my posts deleted because it was considered inappropriate by one of the moderators. The awful thing I'd done was to make a follow up post in an introduction thread saying something like "how long is it since you moved to Accy?" but since then other people have done similar things and conducted conversations in intro threads with new members and the last time I looked those conversations had been left intact. That did make me look a bit stupid at the time so I can fully sympathise with people who have been left looking stupid by someone going back and editing posts which they have replied to.

I shall have to try to watch my typing and spelling mistakes from now on. I must have dyslexic fingers because I seem to type things in the wrong order ('adn' for 'and' and 'hvae' for 'have' being a couple of examples)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 17:27   #20
God Member

Quote:
'adn' for 'and' and 'hvae' for 'have' being a couple of examples
you do that by accident do you? thats amazing... took me years to get used to typing them the wrong way around
Old 06-08-2004, 20:03   #21
Always EVIL within us

Is there a college course I could apply for to get me trained in those sort of spelling mistakes? I have tried my hardest, but only mess up on high fallooting words.....!
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 23:07   #22
Senior Member+

Why is dyslexic so hard to spell?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 16:59   #23
land of hope and glory

just read through this lot of posts,and if you where to go through my threads and posts you would realise im a one finger punter just not got the drift yet, besides can anyone tell me how to get this tippex off my screen...
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 17:48   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Why is dyslexic so hard to spell?
I've got a GCO 'E' Level in dyslexia

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..