Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 13:05   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: annoying gits!

Willow that was a good answer LOL. I tend to do the same as Mr D and leave them hanging they're paying the bill LOL
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2008, 13:16   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I've had that one - several times. They try to tell me that my husband originally took out an insurance cover plan and now we need to renew it. They must have some access to records of the Sky subscription because they called me Mrs. Whisp*. (It is now Whisp-Busman but the Sky subscription is still in my late husband's name.) I got tired of telling them we had no such insurance and even if we did have I don't want to renew it. The last one was good though because they asked if they could speak to my husband - now I could have just put them on to Busman but I felt wicked and asked them if they meant Mr Whisp whose name the Sky subscription was in. They replied "yes" so I told them I woukd check if they had a phone line installed at the cemetary. They asked me if that was where he worked and I replied "No, that's where he's buried!" (He was actually cremated but they don't know that.) - They hung up - I wonder why?

*well not actually Mrs. Whisp - they used the name I had when married to my late husband.
Nice one Willow I love it when some one fits these prats (with one t Rindi) up, I'd love to be a fly on the office wall when they put the phone down
Old 05-07-2008, 13:24   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
25 years ago (back when digital watches were still a pretty neat idea) the Jehovah's Witnesses called at stupid-o-clock on a Saturday morning. I'd never seen them before, & didn't know this was how they worked, so instead of hiding I answered the door. When they started talking I didn't immediately recognise the sales patter, so I made the mistake of engaging them in conversation.

They were itching to get away before long. If you've seen that episode of Father Ted where Dougal manages to convert a bishop to Atheism, you'll know what I mean.

One of them said "I see you're wearing a digital watch- don't you think that's a testament to the glory of God, that he gives mankind the creativity an intellect to dream up things like that. It's not as if you could put all the bits in a jar, shake it up and out comes a digital watch."
"Yes you could."
"Wha...?"
"There's a statistical probability that you could shake up all the bits and it would make a watch. Sure, it's low, but it's possible."

I can't remember what excuses they made to leave, but that was the one that did it.
Oh Studio25 don't get me going on Jehovah's Witnesses, I used to go toe to toe with them on my front door, but for some reason they don't seem to call any more, I'm cut to the quick, seems they didn't like me questioning them on the blood trasfusion policy, it was just around the time when that young mother died becaue they wouldn't give permision for a transfusion, they didn't share my piont of view and were offski

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..