Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2005, 19:12   #16

Re: Bitten To Bits

[QUOTE=Billcat]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW
However, when I go on the golf course now I use some stuff made by Avon and that works for me. QUOTE]

Would that be Avon's Skin So Soft? A lot of folks use it as a bug repellant.
I don't think it's called that, I'll have a look in the golf bag if I can remember when I get home.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2005, 17:46   #17

Couple of drops of lemongrass in your bath water. I tend to get bitten to hell so once summers here or when i'm abroad i make sure all my toiletries have a strong smell of lemon in them. Since getting that tip of a doctor in Greece i haven't been as bad.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2005, 17:50   #18

The safest way to avoid mosquito bites is to stand next to me. It must work because my hubby doesn't get bitten at all and I get hundreds of bites. To make it worse they swell up to the size of eggs and I'm allergic to anti histamines which are supposed to calm the bumps down but on me make them bigger. After three days on holiday I usually look like the elephant man. I've tried everything but the only solution I've found that really works is to get so drunk it doesn't matter.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 18:24   #19

Wish i'd taken the advice on this thread, even ignored my own. Went to Wycollar today and i've come home and noticed i have been bitten on the leg. Drat and double drat, it's really itchy.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:01   #20
Senior Member+

We get the same problem over here in Germany.An old farmer told us to put Garlic near the windows which we did and hey presto they do not want to come in anymore.We only do it at night though.During the day we put it away again.Makes sense really as mossies are blood suckers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..