Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2003, 22:42   #1
I am Banned

Post Boy Scouts..Where?

I know theres two groups in ozzy.. I rang one but they meet friday nights and thats a bit of a no-no.. We went to the one in Accy and where immediatly put off.. wernt going to leave them with that lot.. Dunno details of the other in ozzy

Any scout groups anywhere in hyndburn...meeting nights and times.. anyone pelase?
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2003, 14:33   #2

Post Re: Boy Scouts..Where?

there used to be scout meetings at St Johns school (just off burnley rd) and at cambridge st methodist church dont know if they are still going though, they were both wednesday nights i think.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 15:03   #3
I am Banned

haa will investigate.....thanks
Old 18-09-2003, 17:51   #4

United Reform Church, Whalley Road Accrington.  Just past quick fit garage.  Think they meet Mondays and Fridays.  

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 18:06   #5
I am Banned

Yeagh... had no idea about that one at all.. I will ahve a look aroud there tommorow night and see if I can see them

Thanks!
Old 17-10-2003, 09:28   #6
I am Banned

Post Re: Boy Scouts..Where? UPDATE

UPDATE!

All sorted now mega thanks to cazzer.. Both my youngest boys now go to Boys Brigade on thursdays and think its brilliant. There both in different age groups and the staggered start and end times are a little awkward but it was a bonus getting them both in the same place on the same night... The people there are really friendly and helpful.. The lads have been going a few weeks now and have there uniforms...

All in all.. highly reccomended and one up for the accringtonweb.com messageboard for helping me find summat
Old 18-10-2003, 09:25   #7
Caz
God Member

If anyone else is interested in checking out 1st Church BB, they take boys from 5 upwards.
Lots of info & contact details on the website: 1st church
Sessions held at Ernest Street Baptist Chapel, in Church.

They also have  Girls' Brigade sessions on Monday nights.
For details contact: Judith Wilcock - 01254 386076

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 16:03   #8
Senior Member+

Re: Boy Scouts..Where?

i go boys brigade now and is great!
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 17:05   #9

Loyola 109 - Scouts meet on Monday evenings at The Straits Oswaldtwistle from 7.15 - 7.45.
Beaver Scouts meet Mondays 6 - 7 pm ages 6 - 8 years
Cub Scouts meet Tuesdays 7 - 8.30 pm
Just go along and ask.
Marian
Mariam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 20:22   #10
Senior Member+

st pauls plantation street tueday i think hope i helped
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2006, 19:51   #11

i used to go to the scouts in my younger days at united reformed church in accrington!I think you will find that all groups meet on friday nights so you may have a problem! Some have meetings on wednesday but you have to go to fridays aswell.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..