Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2011, 10:30   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Care Homes/Assisted Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Reading this thread shows Accy Web when it's working at it's best. Providing advice, and support for someone who who needs it.

Heth, the love and concern you show for you grandmother, and your mum, is admirable.

I genuinely hope you find a place where your grandmother will feel safe, and happy, and the rest of your family will have some comfort that she's getting the care she needs.

Good luck.
Garinda you just brought a tear to my eyes, thank you so much for your comments and luck for my Grandma and the rest of us. x

When me and my Mum were talking the first thing I said is that I would ask the gang on here as I know that people dont fob me off, they give me genuine and honest answers which I appreciate.
I love my Mum and Grandma to bits and they will both be chuffed when I tell them about the lovely comments I have had.

I know I say this alot but Thank You x
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2011, 13:10   #32
Senior Member+

Vine House in Ossy looks like it is nice
Old 21-01-2011, 13:59   #33
Senior Member+

Vine House is a no-no
Old 21-01-2011, 14:05   #34
Beacon of light

No Heth, I mislead you there(mea culpa)...sorry about that......it was Vine House that we tried to get the old gent into...but no room there and he had to go further up the road.
The best bet is to go and have a look at places as well as taking recommendations
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 14:11   #35
Senior Member+

Yes will hopefully be going round with my Mum next week when I am not at work.
Thanks Marg for your help.
Old 21-01-2011, 14:21   #36
Beacon of light

You are very welcome.
If I find the inspection details I will PM you.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 15:48   #37
Senior Member+

I think there's one on Pickup Street, Ossy but i'm not sure what its called!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 16:09   #38

Fashy i was just reading the post you have put and i found it very moveing because i always said to my mother she would never go in a home and she never did
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 16:47   #39
God Member

it's just honesty Mallard

Heth, IF she does end up going into a home, find a small one, with few residents, i found the smaller the home the more time the staff can have with the resies
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 16:50   #40
Senior Member+

We are hoping to go down the sheltered accom path but if not thats what we want a small care home.
Old 21-01-2011, 17:16   #41
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Vine House in Ossy looks like it is nice
I have a friend who works there . She is an excellent carer , and speaks well of Vine House .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 22:54   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
We are hoping to go down the sheltered accom path but if not thats what we want a small care home.
Heth I really hope you find assisted sheltered housing accom because from what you've said seems to be the right route for your Gran. Just call in and ask to speak to the "scheme manager" and am sure they will talk you through the options of keeping your Gran happy and safe and would most certainly be able to inform you if their scheme was suitable to Grans needs or not.
Old 22-01-2011, 06:28   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Heth I really hope you find assisted sheltered housing accom because from what you've said seems to be the right route for your Gran. Just call in and ask to speak to the "scheme manager" and am sure they will talk you through the options of keeping your Gran happy and safe and would most certainly be able to inform you if their scheme was suitable to Grans needs or not.
Thanks Bernadette, I have printed lots of things off that have been brought to my attention on here and passed them to my Mum last night so she can read and get her head round it then off we go to visit places.

Still have no date of my Grandma getting out of hospital as yet, she only came out of Intensive Care on Wednesday aft so think it will be a couple of weeks but the doctors seem to want to kick her out sooner than last year (prob coz of shortage of beds with flu cases) so we better get the ball rolling.

Dont know how long these things take to get sorted so presume the quicker we get something in place the better, maybe then that way she wont have to be discharged to Blackburn Hospital as I wouldnt be happy with her stopping there at the min as per other thread.
Old 22-01-2011, 08:43   #44

Heth
My mother in Law was in an Anchor House Property but not in Accrington. I think they have a couple in the area but if you visit the website it will point you in the right direction.

She was there for 10 years and it was wonderful. She had her own flat and if she wanted to stay in and watch telly she could and if she wanted the option to go down to the lounge for one of the activities that they put on she didn't have to leave the building for as she put it "a good night's entertainment".

She moved into this from a very isolated property where she was on her own and it gave her a new lease of life and certainly gave us more peace of mind that not only was she being looked after but was enjoying herself as well.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 08:56   #45
Senior Member+

Thanks Anzac, I will look into this now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..