Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 13:01   #16
God Member

Re: Chirpy,Chirpy,Cheep,Cheep

The nestlings are back again this year, chirping in the loft.
I don't find them irritating this time, and know they will be off out in a few weeks.
So many birds have stopped breeding because they can't hear mating calls above traffic noise, I am glad that some still are at it.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2008, 16:16   #17
Give, give, give member

The robins have flown their nest in my mum's garden, and with the weather now being warm, you might not have them for too much longer.

The geese on the nature reserve were going mad at three o'clock this morning for some reason.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 20:52   #18
I am Banned

We had two Robins nesting in a little box on the garage door, two weeks after hatching they were on the ground, managed to catch one and hide it away from the cats, mother found where I'd put it and she's been feeding it in the hedge for about 3 days now, the other little beggar I can't find, but I think its behind the garage, the parents keep disapearing behind there with worms and other food.
The sparrows appear to be nest building and fighting, I've got a patch of dusty soil in the garden specially for them to take dust baths, they've had a right good time this evening, also put little dishes of water around the garden, birds get thirsty just as we do. Also got a couple of Wood Pigeons visiting for food and water.

Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-05-2008 at 20:57.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 00:06   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
We had two Robins nesting in a little box on the garage door, two weeks after hatching they were on the ground, managed to catch one and hide it away from the cats, mother found where I'd put it and she's been feeding it in the hedge for about 3 days now,

Retlaw
Read that if you found a baby bird on the floor to leave it Retlaw as the parents will sort out, however, sounds like all turned out well here.

I now have 5 baby coots on my lodge LOL this week plus 4 baby ducklings, hope they all survive.

Strange Garinda, but the Muscovy ducks that insist on parking on my small back lawn most days,went absolutely crazy this afternoon, and indulged in the strangest ritual of winding their necks around each other and nipping combined with frenetic movements of their wings. Never seen them do this before, not fighting or any mating moves (I don't think) .. just really peculiar.

Do you think this is some sort of omen

Last edited by katex; 11-05-2008 at 00:08.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 00:22   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Read that if you found a baby bird on the floor to leave it Retlaw as the parents will sort out, however, sounds like all turned out well here.

I now have 5 baby coots on my lodge LOL this week plus 4 baby ducklings, hope they all survive.

Strange Garinda, but the Muscovy ducks that insist on parking on my small back lawn most days,went absolutely crazy this afternoon, and indulged in the strangest ritual of winding their necks around each other and nipping combined with frenetic movements of their wings. Never seen them do this before, not fighting or any mating moves (I don't think) .. just really peculiar.

Do you think this is some sort of omen
If ducks start winding their necks in before May's out, there'll be rain before Michaelmas, mark my words.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 00:30   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If ducks start winding their necks in before May's out, there'll be rain before Michaelmas, mark my words.
Just as I suspected .....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..