Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06   #1
Junior Member+

How can I trace an house owner

Does anyone know how to find out the owner of a house in Accrington.

The house next door to me is slowly being renovated, however, they have foolishly left all the upstairs windows wide open with no heating, and it sounds like a water pipe has burst. I've tried ringing United Utilities but only answer I got from them was "we cannot give you any information on the owner of the property and we can't shut a full street down just for one burst pipe"

I contacted the police to see if they could trace the owner, someone came out straight away and said they would contact Unitied Utilites lol. This was at around 5pm yesterday and so far no one has been round.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2010, 12:24   #2
God Member

Re: How can I trace an house owner

have you tried putting the address into google? i know i sound numb(which i am) but thats what i'd do you never know, it might come up with someones name, hope it gets sorted soon before it causes anymore damage
Old 02-12-2010, 13:10   #3
God Member

i think you ring the council who have the land registry.They may not be able to tell you the owners details but if the leak is causing damage to surrounding properties they may be able to sort it out.I know that if an empty properties drainage is causing problems they will contact the owner and if no response they will do the repair and bill the owner so it may apply to when a burst pipe in an empty property is effecting other people.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 13:17   #4
Junior Member+

flashy you are a star! That gave me a lead to a solicitors who handled the previous owners estate and they are now currently going throught their records to see if they have anything, so fingers crossed, thank you!

Thanks accyman will give them a try too

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.

Last edited by Lace; 02-12-2010 at 13:22.
Old 02-12-2010, 16:04   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
have you tried putting the address into google? i know i sound numb(which i am) but thats what i'd do
You would kick the door down and have a look what the leak was
Old 02-12-2010, 16:58   #6
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You would kick the door down and have a look what the leak was
haha that was my next option, but the solicitors have come good and it has now been attended to Thanks again

Last edited by Lace; 02-12-2010 at 17:01.
Old 02-12-2010, 17:44   #7
Resting in Peace

Score another one for Accy Web
Old 02-12-2010, 17:45   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's all very well, fortunately you were dealing with a water leak, which in itself can be devastating to neighbouring properties, what if it had been a gas leak? Would you still have the same problems getting an urgent repair?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 18:00   #9
Resting in Peace

I suppose it would be good advice, if you were moving into a house next to an empty house, to try and find out who owns it in case of emergencies such as this.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 18:08   #10
God Member

Lace, think you caught me on a good day, i usually give sarcastic answers glad you sorted it

Neil...i'm not always violent, i've not kicked anything in that belongs to you yet have i? been tempted to kick your back door in a few times over the years though
Old 02-12-2010, 18:08   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I suppose it would be good advice, if you were moving into a house next to an empty house, to try and find out who owns it in case of emergencies such as this.
Sometimes its not as easy as you would think Kate, a friend of mine living on Roe Greave Road had a hell of a job finding who owed the property next door
Old 02-12-2010, 20:36   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
been tempted to kick your back door in a few times over the years though
As tempting as that may sound I will give it a miss thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 07:40   #13
God Member

tempting? sick boy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..