Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2010, 13:21   #1

i need to move

does anyone know of any housing asosiations in accrington where you can moove in without paying any deposit or rent up front as i am stuck in a rubbish house and cant afford a van and a deposit at the same town

cheers in advance for any help
Old 24-06-2010, 14:47   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: i need to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrockman View Post
does anyone know of any housing asosiations in accrington where you can moove in without paying any deposit or rent up front as i am stuck in a rubbish house and cant afford a van and a deposit at the same town

cheers in advance for any help
Think housing associations have waiting lists, I know Hyndburn Homes have
Old 24-06-2010, 23:16   #3
Junior Member+

Hometrader do no deposit rentals, but to be honest, I had a look at one once and the place was a dump. That may just have been that one though.

It's worth registering with housing associations. Hyndburn Homes lets its homes through B with us now, so you can bid on homes in Accrington and all other surrounding areas. Depending on your situation, you might get lucky, it's worth a shot. Go in and have a word with them at the Globe Centre.

Other than that, I presume that you are a good tenant and have or can get good verifiable references. Have a look through the private listings in the Telegraph and on Gumtree and give places a call even if they are asking for a deposit. With the state of the economy, I'm sure many landlords would rather get some money coming in without a deposit rather than let a property stand empty, especially if you've got really good references. You could maybe even offer to pay a part deposit, or even overpay your rent slightly till the deposit has been paid.

Anyway, good luck, hope you get sorted x
mccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 08:51   #4
Senior Member+

Property Shop in little blackburn road may be worth having a look at?
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 09:07   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I hear Blackburn is very nice this time of year, Oh, and they are very big on the EDL, (especially around Shear Brow).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 19:42   #6
Senior Member+

don't go near hometrader.... i wouldn't peee on them if they was on fire
Old 27-06-2010, 20:40   #7

I wish you luck and hope you get what you are looking for soon.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 22:11   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I know a good asian landlady.
Old 27-06-2010, 22:24   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I know a good asian landlady.
Still, Better than HomeTrader
Old 27-06-2010, 23:08   #10
Senior Member+

I think you may struggle slightly by not wishing to pay deposit or a month up front, I have spent the last 3 months looking for a house for my sister -some of them I looked at were nothing short of a crack den, some of them were nice but not big enough and some were perfect but the landlord mucked me about so its very much hit and miss..in the end I got my sis a house 30 seconds from mine - I was lucky and saw an advert in a house window and spoke to them - sorted.
I must say though gumtree is good as there are alot of houses for rent on there but majority did want a deposit.
good luck.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 13:39   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I hear Blackburn is very nice this time of year, Oh, and they are very big on the EDL, (especially around Shear Brow).

Pmsl............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:11   #12

Welcome to Rent Smart - Rent Smart, Lancashire

These are offering a £200 and move in deal at the moment which is probably the cheapest you wil find without going with hometrader. They can be contacted on 0844 8009768

Lisa
lisa1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:48   #13
Resting in Peace

Accent Foundation - Contact details

You could try this one.Good Luck.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 22:53   #14
Junior Member+

You could try contacting Housing Advice at Hyndburn Council. When we were having problems with a local estate agent trying to rip us off and we were looking to move, they mentioned that you can register with them because sometimes private landlords come to them seeking tenants that they can recommend. Bit of a longshot I know but worth a visit.
mccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:52   #15
God Member

Try registering on the "be with us" site, seems all housing are open to bids now. You never know there might be a property on there that you are interested in that nobody else is. Good luck

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..