Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2010, 18:23   #1
Resting in Peace

Industrial compensation legislation

Got a phone call this aft from some one asking me if I was aware of the new Industrial compensation legislation, apparently its for people who no longer work but were employed in industry 30 years ago. I've never heard of this anybody else? This woman said I would be receiving a pack through the post and a follow up phone call in about four weeks. Normally I'm very wary of this type of call, so I didn't give her any details, but she already knew quite a lot about me, which made me wonder if this is gen or another, "we'll take up your case for you for a cut", but I can't even think that I'm owed anything, anybody else heard anything about this or been contacted, can't think I'll be an isolated case
Old 23-08-2010, 18:27   #2
God Member

Re: Industrial compensation legislation

I got a call from the National debt Council today. She told me they had information that we had debt and they could help. I told her we only owed £600,000 and the silly woman hung up. I've decided now whenever I get these cold calls I'm going to try and spend some more time winding them up
Old 23-08-2010, 18:32   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I got a call from the National debt Council today. She told me they had information that we had debt and they could help. I told her we only owed £600,000 and the silly woman hung up. I've decided now whenever I get these cold calls I'm going to try and spend some more time winding them up
I got a similar call and I replied that the rates I charge for lending money she wouldn't be able to afford to borrow from me. I also added that she spoke reasonable English, big click, line dead.
Old 23-08-2010, 18:37   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I got a similar call and I replied that the rates I charge for lending money she wouldn't be able to afford to borrow from me. I also added that she spoke reasonable English, big click, line dead.
In this case Gremlin it was definitely an English woman, and she did seem to say I could be entitle to some sort of compensation owing to this new legislation, if I worked in industry over 30 years ago, but I haven't heard of it at all.
Old 23-08-2010, 18:52   #5
Senior Member+

Not heard of any1 else recieving these calls (I am too young to recieve one myself) all I can say is see what the pack is like when you recieve it......if it comes. You did the right thing in not giving any info over the phone,,,,,,keep us updated
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 09:17   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Not heard of any1 else recieving these calls (I am too young to recieve one myself) all I can say is see what the pack is like when you recieve it......if it comes. You did the right thing in not giving any info over the phone,,,,,,keep us updated
I've found out a little more about this, it appears its another of the we'll take your case on if you were hurt during your time in industry, so the pack will be deposited in the bin
Old 24-08-2010, 18:20   #7

Does make you wonder where she got the information about you in the first place, if she knew quite a lot about you
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 18:25   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikine View Post
Does make you wonder where she got the information about you in the first place, if she knew quite a lot about you
To be quite honest I've been thinking that too kikine, I'll wait till this pack comes and have a shufty before binning it
Old 24-08-2010, 18:29   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've found out a little more about this, it appears its another of the we'll take your case on if you were hurt during your time in industry, so the pack will be deposited in the bin

Honestly these people have no shame!! your doing the right thing putting it in the bin!!
Old 24-08-2010, 18:33   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Honestly these people have no shame!! your doing the right thing putting it in the bin!!
Can't actually think why I thought it had some validity heth, but she was very convincing, besides when people usually try these things over the phone they're usually called Vivian, with a broad Indian accent a slight give away
Old 24-08-2010, 18:35   #11

Quote:
To be quite honest I've been thinking that too kikine, I'll wait till this pack comes and have a shufty before binning it
You need to sift through what info she had and who would hold that info on you, know a lot of stuff is supposed to be confidential but it rarely is. Keep us updated
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 18:37   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikine View Post
You need to sift through what info she had and who would hold that info on you, know a lot of stuff is supposed to be confidential but it rarely is. Keep us updated
Will do am waiting with batted breathe
Old 24-08-2010, 18:43   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can't actually think why I thought it had some validity heth, but she was very convincing, besides when people usually try these things over the phone they're usually called Vivian, with a broad Indian accent a slight give away

you do well understanding the name that they give you on the phone!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..