Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2007, 22:54   #16
Senior Member+

Re: leg cramps..age ? ...anyone know a cure

I do get cramp now and again but what annoys me more is that irritable leg thingy. No matter what I do, my legs are THERE. I find myself sitting up for ages with my feet on the floor tiles, hoping against hope that I can forget about them.

It's horrid.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2007, 07:57   #17
Resident Waffler

Oh irritable leg thing is murder isn't it? I just feel like I want to shake my legs off when they start that lark.

What I would love to know is why I can not comfortably rest one leg on the other when I am trying to go to sleep on my side and yet in the morning there they are, one on top of the other and comfortable as you please! Too late when I have to move them and get up!!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 17:22   #18
Senior Member+

Rosehip extract and a vitamin supplement called Litovin work on leg cramps and irritable legs. Hope this helps.
Old 14-09-2007, 20:47   #19

If you go down to the chemist and ask them for a tube of deep heat it works well for things like that,give it a try.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2007, 10:57   #20

You could do this whilst drinking a G and T ?
cramp.gif

Last edited by ChrissieB; 17-09-2007 at 11:01. Reason: added pic
ChrissieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2007, 22:40   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: leg cramps..age ? ...anyone know a cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
ok , i'm approaching 60 yrs (59 last month), never in my life have I have suffered leg cramps until a couple of months ago .......is this an aging thing ? they never happen during "awake" times , but I have had 4 or 5 instances in the last 3 months , I wake up about 3 or 4 o'clock with a cramp in my lower calf .......and to be honest I scream like hell , it's torture ......is this something I should talk to my Doctor about ? ...I'm being honest here when i say i allways laughed whenever i saw some sportsperson fall down with cramps , now i can understand the pain/feeling
anyone got any ideas
thanks ......
Are you getting enough salt?
Old 17-09-2007, 23:37   #22
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieB View Post
You could do this whilst drinking a G and T ?
Attachment 10021
I WILL TRY THAT THANKS,,,,,
Old 17-09-2007, 23:39   #23
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Are you getting enough salt?
I was told salt is bad for alsorts of things,, but everything is horrible without it
Old 17-09-2007, 23:57   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I WILL TRY THAT THANKS,,,,,
For gods sake don't try doing things like that when you've been on the pop, we need you here to keep us amused
Old 18-09-2007, 00:29   #25
white rabbits

:d:d:d: o.k.
Old 18-09-2007, 10:24   #26
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: leg cramps..age ? ...anyone know a cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I was told salt is bad for alsorts of things,, but everything is horrible without it
Salt itself isn’t bad. The human body needs salt and too little is just as bad as too much, if not more so.

A person’s correct intake level of salt is dependant on many factors not least of which is what they do during the day. We all sweat even when asleep and the more we sweat the more we get rid of body salts that must be replaced if we want to continue living especially when the weather is warm.

So the government’s recommended level is just an average for the average person – if there is such a thing.

As you say food cooked without salt tastes horrible and bland. You need salt when cooking to help bring out the flavour of the food. Even porridge with a pinch of salt tastes better than without it. Don’t you put some salt in with the flour when baking a cake?

My 70 years old legs don’t suffer from night cramps very often but on the odd occasion that they do it is usually after sitting watching TV for several hours and my legs have got cold.
Old 18-09-2007, 12:10   #27
Senior Member+

Try this they have a discussion board and an ask a doctor as well.

http://www.rls.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page...d=471&srcid=-2

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..