Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2008, 13:52   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Most Urgent.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Rosaline Leanore Buckley?

The reason that I ask is that my middle daughter has had a letter from her mum’s sister in Capetown asking if she knew her mum’s whereabouts and she has passed it on to me.

Rosaline Leanore Buckley is now a pensioner and used to live in the Water Street, Stanley Street area several years ago.

Because of the Data Protection Act, Scaitcliffe House is unable to help other than allowing me to trawl through the Electoral Register, which is now indexed by street names only. At least the Electoral Register, which is available for public scrutiny is indexed in that manner.

Imagine how long that would take, although I may have to go down that road eventually.

If anyone knows Rosaline Leanore Buckley’s whereabouts please PM me or alternatively ask he if she wants to re-establish contact with her sister. If yes PM me with her address.

Much obliged.
Old 18-11-2008, 14:49   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Most Urgent.

I have uk pro info.... pm the details and I will have a look for you: it goes back ten years: Magpie
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 17:21   #3
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Most Urgent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
I have uk pro info.... pm the details and I will have a look for you: it goes back ten years: Magpie
Sadly magpie the two addresses that you offered must have been past addresses.

But many thanks for trying to help out.

It’s rather strange that the official will allow me to look at the Electoral Register indexed by streets with the occupants name alongside each address but will not allow me access to the same register indexed by occupiers name with the address alongside and hides behind the Data Protection Act. The only difference is the time spent looking.

Old 18-11-2008, 17:55   #4
God Member

The electoral register is only by street name? That's strange, political parties, and the council, use a programme called 'bluechip' and can search by name I think.
Old 18-11-2008, 19:17   #5
Resting in Peace

I have looked by name on the latest one and found nothing.... but good luck: and hope you find the person soon:
Old 18-11-2008, 19:20   #6
Senior Member+

Have you tried Greg Pope or Graham Jones? I was talking to one of them a while ago about finding someones address and there is a way they can do it.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 19:44   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The electoral register is only by street name? That's strange, political parties, and the council, use a programme called 'bluechip' and can search by name I think.
Isn't the electoral register he's referring to in paper format though.
Old 18-11-2008, 19:46   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum
Have you tried Greg Pope or Graham Jones? I was talking to one of them a while ago about finding someones address and there is a way they can do it.
They're politicians, they'll be lying.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 19:48   #9
Resting in Peace

you could always place an add in the observer: under personal but then again not everyone reads it: maybe worth a try:
Old 18-11-2008, 19:48   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
They're politicians, they'll be lying.
thats not nice... Graham Jones is a very nice guy

I'm not saying greg pope isnt but ive never met him lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 21:36   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Most Urgent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Yes - the Electoral Register that the public are allowed to look at is listed by street names and house numbers with the registered occupier at the time listed alongside. So if you are looking for a particular person by name you have to trawl through all the papers until you find it, or not. It would take hours and there is no guarantee that she is listed. It isn’t even on the Hyndburn web site anymore.
Old 20-11-2008, 10:56   #12
Resting In Peace

Sent you a pm with last adress on electoral register
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 17:40   #13
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Most Urgent.

Does anyone know who is the Jehovah Witness head honcho in the Accrington area?

Or alternatively any Jehovah Witness in Accy that I can get in touch with?

Or even the location of their “Kingdom Hall” if they have one.
Old 21-11-2008, 18:21   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Does anyone know who is the Jehovah Witness head honcho in the Accrington area?

Or alternatively any Jehovah Witness in Accy that I can get in touch with?

Or even the location of their “Kingdom Hall” if they have one.
The local Kingdom Hall is on Fairfield Street Accy

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 19:08   #15
Senior Member+

There is an office in Southport (?) which is a branch of the NHS. They will pass on a letter to someone if you give the person's age, former addresses etc. I will make further enquiries 4U.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..