Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2007, 21:41   #46
God Member

Re: parents

Back on topic--

My relationship with my mother was less than ideal. At an early age she told me that she had wanted a boy and I would have been called Paul. I cannot recall any hugs and cuddles from my mum. There never was any expression of affection, often disapproval. I didn't lack anything in a material sense - got taken to Manchester twice yearly to be kitted out with the latest fashions. I never had a sister, and because of her lack of affection, I have always found friendships with women difficult. I was so eager to leave home that I married the 1st man who asked.

Over time, I learned more about the difficult childhood she had, so began to understand why she was that way.
I never regarded her as a friend until there came a time when she needed me. I was in my 50s, she in her 80s - and out of a sense of duty only, I spent 2 days a week, staying overnight, in order to do all her shopping, cleaning, and laundry.
During these trips in a period of 2 years , we eventually became friends, leading up to her saying one day "You have had a hard life haven't you"- a profound level of understanding had grown between us at last.

I am glad I had the chance to make friends with her before she died.

There may come a time when your mother says sorry too.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2007, 21:41   #47
Senior Member+

oh and by the way blazey check facts before you post
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 21:43   #48
Senior Member+

aww blazey thanks, want to meet for a one to one chat and explain to me how can u actually talk about how we mother bring up our kids?
Old 18-12-2007, 21:45   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
but I still think your a stupid interfering bint.
Another nomination for 'Ironic Post Of The Year' You're doing well Blazey you got first prize and runner up so far
Old 18-12-2007, 21:46   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
aww blazey thanks, want to meet for a one to one chat and explain to me how can u actually talk about how we mother bring up our kids?
Not every woman with children knows better than the woman without children. That is what Emma herself has mentioned in this thread, one mum was better than the other. So you could have children, but for all I know they could still be children and growing up thinking the same of you that Emma thinks of her mum, so it doesn't really make much difference.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 21:47   #51
Senior Member+

Right blazey honest u are soo good in incredible, i would love to have you as a mother
Old 18-12-2007, 22:05   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Right blazey honest u are soo good in incredible, i would love to have you as a mother
I'm not saying I'd be a brilliant mother, and I'm not saying I'd be a bad one, and I'm not questioning Emma or her mothers parenting skills, i'm just saying that its not just the positive aspects of your parents abilities that make who you are.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 22:06   #53
Senior Member+

if you did question my mothers parenting skills, you wouldnt be the only one........

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2007, 18:07   #54
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

oh ******!, why do I always miss the arguments???

i love a good argument, but wont cuz someone might give me bad karma.......
Old 19-12-2007, 18:12   #55
Senior Member+

he brought a carrier bag home today full of everything in his tray... and guess what?? it was none uniform day on monday!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 19-12-2007, 18:27   #56
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my son as finished today!!!
he never brought anything home......
Old 19-12-2007, 18:42   #57
Senior Member+

i didnt know they were breaking up today until they told me on monday, there was a nativity on today that i didnt know about till they told me today when i dropped him off.......they probably think i am really crap mum,. i never know whats going on at school!

Old 19-12-2007, 18:44   #58
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

kids tend to "forget" to tell you for some reason
Old 19-12-2007, 18:45   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i didnt know they were breaking up today until they told me on monday, there was a nativity on today that i didnt know about till they told me today when i dropped him off.......they probably think i am really crap mum,. i never know whats going on at school!
Will you stop putting yourself down all the time!! If you don't know what's going on it is hardly your fault
Old 19-12-2007, 19:14   #60
Passed away 25-11-09

Don't be silly. I don't think much of a school that doesn't make sure every child has every letter it needs. If they do that, and make sure the letters go in the reading folders, all you have to do is look inside every night.

My daughter is one of the world's worse for forgetting to send money in with Laura. They have swimming on a Monday and Laura seems to be one who pays by about Wednesday. My daughter is a very good mum, as I'm sure you are too, just has a head like a sieve.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..