Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2008, 16:23   #1

Passing Out Parade

Going to my nephews passing out parade tomorrow. We are travelling down after tea, and stopping overnight. I am really excited. (Just not looking forward to the weather tomorrow). Anyone else been to one?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2008, 17:19   #2
Ski

Re: Passing Out Parade

Went to one in Aldershot back in 1978 when my brother joined the army and that was a memory that will always be with me.

I didn't realise then, that 7 years later I would be on parade taking part in my own passing out parade with the Royal Navy.

Ski.

Alec Bourne
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 10:12   #3
Resting in Peace

Went to step-sons in '05 and his welcome home from Iraq late last year. Take a good video camera and make sure you're sitting where the troop which contains your loved one is in front of you (we ended up on opposite end of the parade). Take tissues and wrap up well. Enjoy the parade and be proud of them all!!!

Let us know how you get on please.
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 10:24   #4
Resting in Peace

Only been to my son's friends one ... was very close to us, and felt very proud of him. Was an enjoyable day and you are treated well ... decent meal in the canteen after too.

What a difference the training had made to him, not only physically, but his all outlook on life. He grew up in that short time

Even though he has served in Northern Ireland, Iraq and Bosnia since .. he is still a sound level-headed 25 year old.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 18:50   #5
Member.

Hope you have a fantastic day Sara......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 18:59   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

should be a very enjoyable day sara.
Old 20-03-2008, 23:11   #7

Im sure you will have a fab day Sarah.i went to one at Raf Halton was brilliant
like cashy says take tissues and your camera
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 23:15   #8
God Member

Never been to one but should imagine the pride you feel is second to none. Hope you have a great time Sara and get plenty of pics so we can all have a nosey.
Old 21-03-2008, 00:20   #9
God Member

Sara no matter what the weather it will be a great day

I wen to my sons passing out day some yrs back and believe me it were the proudest day of my life second to giving birth..........

Have a good day and make sure you got loads a batts for the cam
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 15:53   #10

Had an excellent day, and like everyone has said felt very proud of him. Watched some really brilliant and interesting displays. Also watched and listened to the military band then came time for the passing out ceremony, which was very moving. Church then lunch. The food was terrible, but who cares we didn't go for the food. Really glad i brought some binoculars with me, as i probably would have been watching the wrong soldier, as with their uniforms on they do all look similar. What was really moving though, was there were four lads from Fiji who had joined up and was also passing out. They sang a traditional Fijian hymm and it was so moving even though i couldn't understand a word, you could have heard a pin drop. Looking around there was quite a lot of people with more then a few tears in their eyes including my own listening to them. What a brilliant day, really glad that i got the chance to see him pass out.

Now for a bit of a rant:

It made me think though, that my sister and her husband had to take a days holiday from work. It should be that parents get a days paid leave for there son/daughters passing out. Don't expect paid leave for any other relatives, but for parents, brothers and sisters it should be a given right. But i suppose that is asking to much.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..