Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02   #16
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Take-aways to avoid...

toppings for pizza and kebab
kwong ming for chinese
Old 10-09-2007, 16:17   #17

GOOD

Indian: Akash
Chineese: Kwong ming
Kebab/pizza/burger: Pizza time (clayton)

BAD (imo)

Park chippy (thats the one at top of india street and the one at bottom of Willows lane)
Petra (disgusting doesnt come close, ok for kids though it seems)

And come to think of it most of them on Blackburn road.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2007, 15:50   #18
God Member

We had a takeaway from Slice from Heaven in Ossy last night and it was very good. The garlic bread was nice and thin with plenty of garlic and we had tuna and mushroom pizza which was excellent. We'll definitely go again.
Old 16-09-2007, 09:29   #19
God Member

Actually, yes, following on from my earlier post about Slice From Heaven - although I'm no longer impressed with the pizzas, the garlic bread was really, really good.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 10:05   #20
Senior Member+

In Ossy I like Pizza Palace, never had any problems going there. Cuisine World is good in town, their pizzas are fantastic!

I tend to try to stick to what I know. I'm not overly keen on Rinos.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 10:37   #21
Resting in peace

It is allways a good thing to warn other people, that there is someone out there attempting to sell goods that are not fit for consumption, or overpriced. Being poisoned and paying for the privilage is not a very nice thing to happen. Far better to prepare your own food, and not put your health in the hands of a profiteering poisoner.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 12:04   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
Chineese, Kwong Ming, b/burn rd the best chineese by far.
The Best Chineese EVER!!!!! Every week we go there and its never been bad!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 12:06   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the chinese next to the vets.
Are you sure that is a good one to visit?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 18:18   #24
God Member

I have just read on the Ev Telegraph site about this scheme for giving takeaways ratings for hygiene or lack of it.
Scores On The Doors
Hyndburn hasn't joined the scheme - perhaps we should ask our councillors why not?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 18:20   #25
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

probably because half of em will have to shut down!!
Old 18-09-2007, 18:59   #26
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have just read on the Ev Telegraph site about this scheme for giving takeaways ratings for hygiene or lack of it.
Scores On The Doors
Hyndburn hasn't joined the scheme - perhaps we should ask our councillors why not?
We should do. It's an excellent idea.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 11:23   #27
God Member

The State of Califonia - which has an obesity problem even worse than that of Hyndburn - is now considering shutting down and banning takeaways. I believe it was the first state to ban smoking in public places; nearly everyone else has now followed suit.

Imagine the impact, therefore, should the first act of the new Accy and Districts Council be to shut down all junk food outlets within its jurisdiction. It would show imagination - joined up government between a local authority and the NHS for instance - and would give maximum publicity to the area. The immeadiate impact on unemployemnt would be negligable (we all know that most "employees" of junk food shops also sign on) while in the longer term it would result in vast new inward investment into an authority getting its act togeather.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 19-09-2007 at 11:25.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 14:17   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The State of Califonia - which has an obesity problem even worse than that of Hyndburn - is now considering shutting down and banning takeaways. I believe it was the first state to ban smoking in public places; nearly everyone else has now followed suit.

Imagine the impact, therefore, should the first act of the new Accy and Districts Council be to shut down all junk food outlets within its jurisdiction. It would show imagination - joined up government between a local authority and the NHS for instance - and would give maximum publicity to the area. The immeadiate impact on unemployemnt would be negligable (we all know that most "employees" of junk food shops also sign on) while in the longer term it would result in vast new inward investment into an authority getting its act togeather.
theres quite a few illegals employed in that game so they wont sign on, but never mind after 10 yrs the Lib-Dems will allow them to register.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..