Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2009, 16:02   #1816
Resting in Peace

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
* keyboard acting up again?
I was just telling ema it was raining
Old 28-07-2009, 16:50   #1817

It's just after 6'00pm and it's 43°C (don't know what that is in farenheit) but I can assure you it's very hot.
Oh how I miss good old Ossie rain!!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 17:38   #1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
It's just after 6'00pm and it's 43°C (don't know what that is in farenheit) but I can assure you it's very hot.
Oh how I miss good old Ossie rain!!
Will swop you if you want.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 18:08   #1819
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
oh my god are we ever going to have that 'indian summer' we where promised? or does it pee down in India constantly?
I think you are talking about the wrong kind of Indian, hon. Indian Summer is a North American thing .... I believe it is the warm weather one gets in late fall, and if I remember right, it has to come after the first hard frost. Don't fret it ... the only First Nations people you have over there are tourists from over here.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 23:40   #1820
Senior Member+

It,s hotter than a firecracker here, 36 deg today, that,s 97, I think I,m gonna melt. My sister lives in Kelowna and she could see the fires from her deck about 5 miles away. They just got them 50% contained but still not out by a long chalk.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 18:28   #1821
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
It,s hotter than a firecracker here, 36 deg today, that,s 97, I think I,m gonna melt. My sister lives in Kelowna and she could see the fires from her deck about 5 miles away. They just got them 50% contained but still not out by a long chalk.
Saw this on the news last night ... what a heat wave you guys are having! ... and I noticed that the temps in Whitehorse are in the 30s! Here it has been slightly cooler than normal, with lots of rain.
Old 29-07-2009, 23:43   #1822
God Member

15c in Iqualuit today .... that's a bloody heat wave ... the weather in the high Arctic is really giving cause for concern .... the end of the world is nigh .... holiday in the Arctic Riviera anyone? And in the 30s in Yellowknife ... sheesh.
Old 30-07-2009, 05:36   #1823
Senior Member+

I think the weather must have fried my brain. It was 95 today and I just got back from playing footy with a bunch of over 50s. We played for an hour and half and then drank 6doz beer. Now we just booked a four day holiday in Laughlin Nevada and it,s 111 deg there today, deff not playing with a full deck.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 05:49   #1824
God Member

it was pouring down at 5 this morning, now its brightening up, gonna take the dog for a walk now me thinks
Old 30-07-2009, 08:12   #1825
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
I think the weather must have fried my brain. It was 95 today and I just got back from playing footy with a bunch of over 50s. We played for an hour and half and then drank 6doz beer. Now we just booked a four day holiday in Laughlin Nevada and it,s 111 deg there today, deff not playing with a full deck.
Out of the frying pan into the fire. Eh. Summer really hasn't happened in Ontario .... lots of rain, and not too much sun.
Old 30-07-2009, 08:52   #1826
Resting in Peace

Shushhhhhhhhhhhh its nearly 10am and its not raining
Old 30-07-2009, 09:17   #1827
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Shushhhhhhhhhhhh its nearly 10am and its not raining
Will be soon though have you looked at the sky? Going to be another wet one
Old 30-07-2009, 09:58   #1828
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Will be soon though have you looked at the sky? Going to be another wet one
Spoke to soon, spots on the window
Old 30-07-2009, 10:03   #1829
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spoke to soon, spots on the window
Spots there has just been a real downpour, it was bouncing off the pavements
Old 30-07-2009, 10:12   #1830

We've just had a hail storm in Haslingden however I'm sick of this Global Warming, the heat, the drought, the deserts, palm trees everywhere, factor 35 to pop to the chippy, is there no end to this heat wave?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..