Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2007, 22:35   #346
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Mine may be small and weedy, but provided a tasty meal for a Wren this evening. I watched it in the drizzle, pecking away at the seeds for twenty minutes.
Oh for a wren ... I have bluejays, beautiful birds, but they eat like a combine harvester
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2007, 00:58   #347
Yank in King Art's Court!

I had a very good year with my Sunflowers. They got to about the sizes described by Rindy. Have attracted alot of yellow and blue finches.

As for bluejays, I find them to be nasty bullies. The baseball team from Toronto notwithstanding!

Brian

Oh, forgot our weather report. Imagine that, another hot one!

Wednesday
35° / 19°
Thursday
36° / 21°

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 15:00   #348
God Member

I don't know what is wrong with our weather ... apart from a few days of high temps and high humidity, the summer has been uniformly gorgeous, altho' some would wish for a little more rain. And I agree about the blue jays (the feathered ones that is), but they are beautiful birds.
Old 23-08-2007, 08:41   #349
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well its supposed to be a sunny day today like yesterday, dont think its will be as warm, but we'll have to wait and see
Old 24-08-2007, 17:06   #350
Yank in King Art's Court!

Here we go again:
FRI

95°F 35°C
73°F 22°C
SAT

100°F 37°C
72°F 22°C

This after some much needed "Accy weather." The last 3 - 4 days we had rain and drizzle and 60 - 70 degrees temps. It was a very nice break. Although feel very bad for you guys having this most of your summer!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 18:56   #351
God Member

So that was it - summer? is over officially today -I'm not ready for Autumn yet. In January, I made what I thought was a canny move by buying a mobile airconditioning machine at a winter cut price of £200 - used it 2 days in May (Spring?), and it has just taken up space since. If we do get a hot summer next year it will have got rusty by then.
It is time to get out the SAD lamp and the vitamin D pills

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 18:58   #352
Beacon of light

Yes Margaret, I am another one who can feel the gloom descending....
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 21:04   #353
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So that was it - summer? is over officially today -I'm not ready for Autumn yet. In January, I made what I thought was a canny move by buying a mobile airconditioning machine at a winter cut price of £200 - used it 2 days in May (Spring?), and it has just taken up space since. If we do get a hot summer next year it will have got rusty by then.
It is time to get out the SAD lamp and the vitamin D pills
Good God that has made me feel really blue, why not look on the bright side? We may get some September sunshine, maybe even a heatwave!!!
Old 13-09-2007, 17:41   #354
God Member

Winter is on the way! Snowmobiling, four wheeling, x coutry skiing, and HOCKEY!!!!! It's still great here, temps around 20, sunny, cool evenings; but in Northern Ontario, esp north of Lake Superior around Pickle Lake, Sioux Lookout and Kapuskasing they have had snow, below zero temps, and wind chill warnings. A few weeks of fall beauty, when the maples turn into their amazing fall colors, and then winter ... can hardly wait.
Old 13-09-2007, 18:04   #355
God Member

We are getting some pretty good weather at the moment, it is just that the nights are drawing in really quickly. At least we can put the heating on if it is to cold
Old 13-09-2007, 18:14   #356
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
We are getting some pretty good weather at the moment, it is just that the nights are drawing in really quickly. At least we can put the heating on if it is to cold
I am going to lay in a couple of cords of wood for the fire place; nothing like a roaring fire on a cold night. Winter is not all that bad; you just don't give in to it. Canadians are great winter survivors: it's going to come, it's going to get frigid and white, so we might as well enjoy it. And Hockey every night for the next seven or eight months.
Old 13-09-2007, 18:18   #357
God Member

Don' think I could cope with all that snow, having said that life sounds pretty exciting over there
Old 17-09-2007, 11:53   #358
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

AAGGGHHHHH, just put me washing outside because the sun was out, and now the heavens have opened up...., my washing is pee wet through!!
now watch the bloody sun will come back out.........sods law!!

P.S...isnt it cold!!cold.gif
Old 17-09-2007, 12:07   #359
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
AAGGGHHHHH, just put me washing outside because the sun was out, and now the heavens have opened up...., my washing is pee wet through!!

P.S...isnt it cold!!Attachment 10022
Just done the same and it can stay there till later. It is very windy, I felt the cold as well!!
Old 17-09-2007, 13:22   #360
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

P.S...isnt it cold!!Attachment 10022
And it has , sun shining brightly now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..