Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2007, 16:59   #361
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: weather??

The fall weather is settling in over in our neck of the woods:
MON

73°F 22°C
50°F 10°C
TUE

77°F 25°C
52°F 11°C
WED

80°F 26°C
55°F 12°C

Great weather for using the chain-saw, splitting and hauling wood, and closing down the garden and all! Can't wait the the first fire in the woodstove!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2007, 20:46   #362
Senior Member+

Bit of a cold snap due tonight; temps down to 0 early morning ! But tomorrows forecast is better and the following evening has temps of 9 degrees ?!
It definitely felt colder this morning and certainly this evening.
I hate winter ! Just glad I still have a week in Spain to look forward to before Halloween. Once we hit Halloween I know it's all down hill, can't say I am even looking forward to Christmas this year and I usually enjoy it.
Old 21-09-2007, 17:21   #363

weather??

Culpeper, VA

Friday

28° / 18°

Saturday
30° / 15°

Accrington, GBR

Friday

15° / 8°

Saturday

18° / 13

I do believe the cool fall weather will arrive eventually! It's just not natural to be cutting, splitting, hauling, and stacking firewood in our weather.

I will almost guarantee in only 3 months, we'll be in the teens F (~ -5ish Centergrade)

Brian

Last edited by Len; 21-09-2007 at 19:41. Reason: moved this post
Old 26-09-2007, 16:36   #364

Re: Mods, Please post for me!

Culpeper, VA

Fair 33° Wednesday33° / 19°Thursday
31° / 17°

Accrington, GBR

Clear 11° Wednesday10° / 7°Thursday
11° / 8°

UGGGGHHHH! Where's me nice, cool, wet Fall temps???? Come on Eric, stop holding it all up there!

Last edited by Len; 26-09-2007 at 17:26. Reason: Remove html code, not needed.
Old 26-09-2007, 18:19   #365
God Member

Re: Mods, Please post for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Culpeper, VA

Fair 33° Wednesday33° / 19°Thursday
31° / 17°

Accrington, GBR

Clear 11° Wednesday10° / 7°Thursday
11° / 8°

UGGGGHHHH! Where's me nice, cool, wet Fall temps???? Come on Eric, stop holding it all up there!
Not me this time ... in southern Ontario we still have the southerly flow ... temps with the humidex around 30. Blame the guys in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, they are having the cool weather. And as far as wet goes, we have had only a little more than half of the usual summer rain. Our big concern is the low water levels in the Great Lakes. But we will be into milder (high teens) temps by the weekend, and, if the long range forecast holds, we will have single digit highs by the second week in October.

But the leaves are turning and the show is just as beautiful as it always is. My two Maples are turning, a nice contrast to the big Elm I have.

Best wishes from paradise.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 18:49   #366
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well its bloody cold over ere
dark nights are drawing in and iv got me heating on!!!!!!
Old 26-09-2007, 19:00   #367
God Member

There are 2 large trees in my lounge window view - sycamore and norwegian maple. The sycamore always hibernates first - has about 10% yellow leaves already and a few have fallen (on my car )

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 20:19   #368
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There are 2 large trees in my lounge window view - sycamore and norwegian maple. The sycamore always hibernates first - has about 10% yellow leaves already and a few have fallen (on my car )
Leaves falling on the car is not bad ... in the great ice storm of '99 a whole bloody tree fell on my car
Old 27-09-2007, 01:20   #369

They say that due to the severity of our drought that the foliage will be really off this year. I guess it just will help us appreciate it the next time they show in all their brilliance!

Brian

HEY, MY POST CAME THROUGH HERE ALL BY ITSELF. THE DEMONS HAVE BE EXCORSIZED!!!!!

Old 27-09-2007, 16:59   #370
God Member

Quote:
They say that due to the severity of our drought that the foliage will be really off this year. I guess it just will help us appreciate it the next time they show in all their brilliance!

Brian

HEY, MY POST CAME THROUGH HERE ALL BY ITSELF. THE DEMONS HAVE BE EXCORSIZED!!!!!
I don't think ours will be all that "off." But I know what you mean; fall in all it's colors is acknowledged as the most beautiful of the seasons here, and no doubt in your part of the world too. There's always next year.
Old 27-09-2007, 17:14   #371

Every day this week in supposed to be cooling down. Hate to beat a dead horse but this is not cooling down:

<LI class=cf>
Culpeper, VA

Clear 32°
  • Thursday

33° / 16°
  • Friday

Except for the continual heavy sweat through "winterous" chores, this has become of some intrigue. Still harvesting alot of veges that should been long gone, the chicks and guineas are still feasting on insects, have got to finish some spring projects. In other words, these weather reports truly aren't meant to be whinges, more accurately, just weather reports from across the pond!

Old 27-09-2007, 17:38   #372
God Member

32 is not "cooling down"! We have had a week of much higher than normal temps, but today it looks like 17 for a high, with some rain, and the weekend, uniformly nice: 20 for a high, low teens at night and clear. But it seems as if the real fall weather will not arrive until the end of the first week of October. Watched a show the other night on what is happening in the high Arctic, scarey. Don't expect too many cold northerly flows this winter. But maybe that's a good thing.
Old 28-09-2007, 00:26   #373

You mean I've been killing myself in this heat cutting, splitting, stacking firewood for naught. I'm hoping for a nice long cold winter. I love it when all of life seems to slow down with the snow storms and all!

Old 28-09-2007, 05:11   #374
God Member

Quote:
You mean I've been killing myself in this heat cutting, splitting, stacking firewood for naught. I'm hoping for a nice long cold winter. I love it when all of life seems to slow down with the snow storms and all!
I spent the evening visiting friends and munching on cabernet and shiraz grapes directly from the vines (leaving the stems on the vine, ) and picking/harvesting Avocados and Pomegranates , a sure sign fall/autumn is on its way

just a tip, Pomegranate juice is the best meat tenderizer there is for game meat , deer/elk/pig/bear/wild turkey etc. , (think its mentioned in the Bible), and know for a fact that the Bedu use it for tenderizing camel and goat meat , just make sure you use only the juice, not the pith or the pits

hey Brian, the only reason we have snow in California is so we can go ski-ing , it's what we do when we can't surf ..........
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2007, 11:16   #375
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

13°C over ere
BBC - Weather Centre - 5 Day Forecast in Celsius for Accrington, United Kingdom

roll on the snow!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..