Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 19:02   #631
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
yes its very foggy up here too. I cant see the houses across the road....and its bitterly cold.
And what would "bitterly cold" be? 0? +2? If you want bitterly cold, try a winter's day in Nunavit or Resolute. Bitterly cold comes just before all atomic motion and outdoor cooking stops
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2008, 19:04   #632
God Member

Today it is quite mild ... only -3 .... but a little cloudy ... and it seems as if there is another winter storm warning out ....
Old 04-03-2008, 19:05   #633
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And what would "bitterly cold" be? 0? +2? If you want bitterly cold, try a winter's day in Nunavit or Resolute. Bitterly cold comes just before all atomic motion and outdoor cooking stops
Have you been up Fern Gore Eric, It's a bitter hole all of it's own..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 19:38   #634
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Have you been up Fern Gore Eric, It's a bitter hole all of it's own..
Haven't been to Fern Gore since I drank too much and got on the wrong bus 40 years ago
Old 04-03-2008, 19:41   #635
Member.

Quote:
Haven't been to Fern Gore since I drank too much and got on the wrong bus 40 years ago
You will have met my dad then..... If he wasn't driving he'd be steaming beside you..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 20:32   #636
Senior Member+

Its ging to be -5 tonight, too cold, when are we going to get some good weather, these past 5 years or so summer has been crappy
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:15   #637
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
Its ging to be -5 tonight, too cold, when are we going to get some good weather, these past 5 years or so summer has been crappy
-5!! Balmy. BBQ weather.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:14   #638
Senior Member+

Quote:
-5!! Balmy. BBQ weather.

HEhe it will be inside my house when i turn up my heating
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:16   #639
God Member

my toes are cold
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11   #640
Senior Member+

my everything is cold

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:39   #641
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

whats wrong wi you lot?....its not that cold
must be old age creeping on
Old 05-03-2008, 16:45   #642
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
my toes are cold
Try sucking them
Old 07-03-2008, 17:50   #643
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

weather warning for monday!
severe gales are on the way....again
last time we had severe gales we also have a ruddy earth quake...
Old 07-03-2008, 17:56   #644
God Member

A mixed weekend on the cards for many areas as the UK continues to lay under the powerful influence of Cyclone Helga (what images does that conjure up in your mind?).

During this morning, so the cold front with its wind and patchy rain clears the South-east corner of the country. Behind it, so the skies clear and temperatures drop a little, however a good deal of sunshine for most. Into the weekend and Saturday will see a good deal of general cloud around. A cold front will once again march South-east during the day but not reaching Central and Eastern areas until after dark.

Sunday is the pick of the pop for all regions as sunshine breaks through to bring most a late Winters day with only hazy cloud spilling in from the West later in the day to ruin the party.

The story then continues on Monday as a deep and powerful storm is expected to hit the UK. At Metcheck we have to put a fine balance on features like this. Had it been expected next Wednesday we probably wouldn't have mentioned it until Sunday or Monday, however for many of you, you'll visit the site today, go off and have a wonderful weekend and next thing will be to check us out on Monday. This is why we have to mention the storm today, so that if you can't make it into work on Monday you'll know why.

Basically, on Monday we have, probably, the most intense storm of this Winter heading into the UK. At present, there is general agreement within all the model of the position and track of the low. The difference is in the intensity, however we'll give you the best fit at the moment.

The storm will wind up to the West of Ireland, bottoming out at around 935mb (incredibly impressive for this time of year). The storm will then push West into Ireland, the Irish Sea and then into the Midlands with gales, severe gales and even storm force winds wrapped around its core. Heavy rain pushing in from the West during Monday morning will also spread quickly across all regions with the damaging winds following on behind later in the day.

In short, Monday is looking pretty damn nasty and if you have any outside plans then please do follow forecasts over the weekend on the latest for this system.

That aside, have a fantastic weekend from all at Metcheck and don't forget to have a quick look around the garden for anything which could get blown around, otherwise you'll be asking Jim at number 48 for it back on Tuesday.

This was taken from Metcheck.com today.

They have been warning us for a couple of days now, about the storm on monday.

If it hits with the force they are saying...... say good bye to your roof tiles

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 18:05   #645
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post

If it hits with the force they are saying...... say good bye to your roof tiles
I dont live up spring hill.............Heheh

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..