Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 18:23   #1261
Senior Member+

Re: weather??

It aint all bad, I have a lovely water feature in my front garden
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2008, 17:36   #1262
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Well ya can tell winter is on the way!....bloody freezing this morning....had to put me fire on for the first time since last winter!!
Old 06-10-2008, 19:25   #1263
God Member

A tad on the cool side right now; but, this coming weekend, Thanksgiving, temps should be around 20c with lots of sun. Maybe I will bbq my turkey and have ice cream with my pumpkin pie.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 20:00   #1264
God Member

For the next few days we are looking at great weather, high teens, maybe into the low 20s ... gorgeous .... maybe I'll bbq t-bones for Thanksgiving and save my turkey for later.
Old 10-10-2008, 21:35   #1265
God Member

Hissing Brown in Spain with more to come over the weekend.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 16:06   #1266
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Hissing Brown in Spain with more to come over the weekend.
Bummer, eh Not a cloud in the sky here.
Old 11-10-2008, 17:13   #1267
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
For the next few days we are looking at great weather, high teens, maybe into the low 20s ... gorgeous .... maybe I'll bbq t-bones for Thanksgiving and save my turkey for later.
Was getting quite hopeful until I read the latter part about thanksgiving and realised you are in Canada.( should have known really not been so warm here for ages...........)
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 19:18   #1268
God Member

Still getting temps in the high teens; but the 14 day trend shows a big drop coming next week. Soon we will have the white stuff and sub zero temps.
Old 14-10-2008, 19:46   #1269
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Still getting temps in the high teens; but the 14 day trend shows a big drop coming next week. Soon we will have the white stuff and sub zero temps.
oh shut up!!dont believe ya!

Looks like ya gonna have to invite me to canada to see for my self

Old 14-10-2008, 21:05   #1270
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
oh shut up!!dont believe ya!

Looks like ya gonna have to invite me to canada to see for my self

I hope Long John's are part of your wardrobe, scarves,ear muffs and sunglasses are also required....and before I forget....padded kecks and a wincyette nighty.....and a shovel in case of difficulty.
Doggy poo bags in case you get caught short...and please...if you see a hunk in a lumber jacket....run like hell...It might be Eric.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 08:47   #1271
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
I hope Long John's are part of your wardrobe, scarves,ear muffs and sunglasses are also required....and before I forget....padded kecks and a wincyette nighty.....and a shovel in case of difficulty.
Doggy poo bags in case you get caught short...and please...if you see a hunk in a lumber jacket....run like hell...It might be Eric.
OOO i would love to live in canada, maybe i could get me fella to get a job as a ice trucker....Think of the money!!!
Old 15-10-2008, 22:27   #1272
God Member

Quote:
Why would you suggest a summer wardrobe when winter is almost here.
And you didn't mention bringing a baseball bat to deal with those pesky baby seals, and lots of tomato juice just in case she gets sprayed by a skunk.
Old 16-10-2008, 00:54   #1273
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
OOO i would love to live in canada, maybe i could get me fella to get a job as a ice trucker....Think of the money!!!
Canada is indeed a great place to live .... and if you prefer a damper climate rather than a cold one, Vancouver is the place to go, quite a bit of rain there .... and perched between the Rockies and the Pacific, Van must surely be one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. But not much call for ice trucking there ... and even tho' the money is good, it's not the safest job in the world. If you like the cold, the north is the place to go ... or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan ... I remember the winter of '84 in Toon Town; we had a massive blizzard on Oct. 16, and the snowbanks from that blow were still there the following April
Old 22-10-2008, 19:50   #1274
God Member

Well the frost in on the pumpkin and parts of southern Ontario have had snow .... winter is just around the corner ...
Old 25-10-2008, 16:37   #1275

Looks like it's going to get really cold next week. Best get the woolies out.

BBC - Weather Centre - 5 Day Forecast in Celsius for Accrington, United Kingdom

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..