Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2007, 13:21   #1
Senior Member+

where can i donate?

Does any one know somewhere i can donate a christmas present for a child? We used to do it at my old church..

my lad gives jesus a present through the church (because it's his birthday)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2007, 13:28   #2
God Member

Re: where can i donate?

Think they have a collection at Asda.
Old 26-11-2007, 15:19   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Does any one know somewhere i can donate a christmas present for a child? We used to do it at my old church..

my lad gives jesus a present through the church (because it's his birthday)

donate it to me if you want Em
Old 26-11-2007, 15:25   #4
God Member

How nice is that! I guess there will be plenty of advertisements for this sort of thing, trouble with ads is, they have to be paid for! I will let you know if I see anything, the company I work for do similar, they offer a free gas appliance service for the needy, (mostly pensioners).
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 21:07   #5
Resident Waffler

Asda usually have a tree in the foyer and you pick a ticket off it for a specific age of child so you know what you're looking for.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 21:15   #6
Senior Member+

hmm... looks like i am gunna have to think up a way asda are gunna give jesus his present......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 26-11-2007, 21:28   #7
God Member

Quote:
hmm... looks like i am gunna have to think up a way asda are gunna give jesus his present......
And there was us thinking what a lovely generous girl you are
Old 26-11-2007, 21:33   #8
Senior Member+

its my way of making sure that a child less fortunate than my lad gets something nice and my lad remembers why we celebrate christmas. maybe asda gives them to santa and santa gives them to jesus... because they are friends.....

Old 26-11-2007, 21:35   #9
Senior Member+

That's a really nice thought. If I hear of anywhere I'll let you know.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 21:52   #10
God Member

Quote:
its my way of making sure that a child less fortunate than my lad gets something nice and my lad remembers why we celebrate christmas. maybe asda gives them to santa and santa gives them to jesus... because they are friends.....
Sorry Em misread your reasons for getting the present to Jesus. It is a lovely thought that keeps the true meaning of Christmas alive for your son
Old 26-11-2007, 22:07   #11

Iam very pleased with you in what you are doing,and i would like to say god bless you.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2007, 09:08   #12
Senior Member+

thanks for the karma.... who was it from?

Old 28-11-2007, 12:29   #13
God Member

They do it at the church on cambridge st/lodge st. Nr Peel Park school

My little en goes Nursery there, and they are just starting to collect for it.

I think it's the rotary club that do it
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 15:25   #14

Hiya

I am involved with sponsoring a little girl called Davy in Cambodia and i know that people can send gifts to the orphans over there. They are a registered charity (they were featured in Take a Break magazine 22/11) and I would be happy to pass things on to the orphanage?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 18:32   #15
God Member

Em as you go into Asda there is a tree with cards on. Written on is the childs age and name so you can choose a suitable gift which you can leave at Customer Services with card attached.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..