Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2009, 08:51   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: £190 one off payment for mum's to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't get me started on that deadeyed, jaw-grinding incompetent.
So we can take it that your not Gordons number one fan then Wynonie
Old 17-01-2009, 09:54   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So we can take it that your not Gordons number one fan then Wynonie
No, Jaysay, but I positively idolize him, compared to that appalling hypocrite, Harriet Harperson. Grrr...!
Old 17-01-2009, 10:02   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No, Jaysay, but I positively idolize him, compared to that appalling hypocrite, Harriet Harperson. Grrr...!
Yip there's nout like Hapless Harriet, to make your stomach churn any day of the week
Old 17-01-2009, 15:19   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Yippee, another excuse for teenagers to get pregnant

£190 will buy ya ****** all, but for some...summat to wet the babys head??
Old 17-01-2009, 18:20   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
It might well be, but I don't see why the hardpressed taxpayers of this country should have to fork out for it.

I've been a taxpayer since I left school, I have never been out of work or claimed benefit so it's about time I got some of it back.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 19:48   #21
God Member

FFS, the gov do nowt and you winge, they try and help people going through an expensive part of their life and you lot winge. If you really all think that 190 quid is enough to 'persuade' someone to get pregnant then you are seriously misguided. even the most stupid person knows 190 quid is not going to feed clothe and support a chiild for 18 years so its not exactly going to be a major driver in the decision to use something or not now is it!

Perhaps you should consider the handouts etc that you all get now. When people my age hit retirement the state pension is likely to be next to nothing hence pretty much everyone paying extra into private or company pensions, in comparison the number of people now collecting state pension and a private pension is a fraction.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 19:50   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
FFS, the gov do nowt and you winge, they try and help people going through an expensive part of their life and you lot winge. If you really all think that 190 quid is enough to 'persuade' someone to get pregnant then you are seriously misguided. even the most stupid person knows 190 quid is not going to feed clothe and support a chiild for 18 years so its not exactly going to be a major driver in the decision to use something or not now is it!

Perhaps you should consider the handouts etc that you all get now. When people my age hit retirement the state pension is likely to be next to nothing hence pretty much everyone paying extra into private or company pensions, in comparison the number of people now collecting state pension and a private pension is a fraction.
Can't speak for others but I don't get anything, never have either

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 21:01   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:

Very nicely put and I agree every word, I am sick of the whingers on here, most of whom are claiming every penny they can anyway!
Old 17-01-2009, 21:16   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:

Eloquently put and I agree with every word, the most vociferous voices on here are the ones who have no idea of the cost of raising a child! ( and the ones claiming every benefit going!)
Old 17-01-2009, 22:10   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
( and the ones claiming every benefit going!)
...if only I was, Lindsay!
Old 17-01-2009, 22:44   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
...if only I was, Lindsay!
Now you know full well that wasn't meant for you! Grrrr
Old 17-01-2009, 22:54   #27
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
If you really all think that 190 quid is enough to 'persuade' someone to get pregnant then you are seriously misguided.
Of course it is not Ian but when you are an immature 16 year old girl who wants her own house/flat is just makes it look easier. Add this to everything else they will get or think they will get and it starts to look like a good idea to some.

They only learn how hard it is afterwards.
Old 17-01-2009, 23:33   #28
God Member

For goodness sake a few comments and we once agan have a thread where everybody is calling each other. Is this not the money that is/was intended to ensure that pregnant mothers were eating healthily? Come on lets be honest if that is the intention most of the money will be wasted because if you aren't eating healthily by twenty five weeks it is unlikely that getting this money will change that.
And to be quite honest with you I don't think the majority of young girls look on having a baby as the easy way to get a house/flat. Once again the goverment are successfully diverting attention away from the very real trouble this country is in by doing something "NICE"
Old 18-01-2009, 00:12   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Is this not the money that is/was intended to ensure that pregnant mothers were eating healthily?

Maybe that is the intention who knows? If you cant afford to eat healthily you definitely can not afford to bring up a baby
Old 18-01-2009, 07:46   #30
Senior Member+

eating healthily does cost more than not doing, i noticed this when trying to lose weight and eating more low fat foods and more veg and fruit. Although if my memories working, if a person is claiming certain benefits then they get the healthy start vouchers during pregnancy (they can use these to buy fresh milk, fruit and veg) Am not against it being handed out, expecially that it is not restriced to people on benefits etc, it is for everyone, it makes a nice change for all to receive something and for it not to be restricted. You do see so many comments that "they dont qualify because they are working / not claiming the correct benefits" etc, everyone who is pregnant qualify for this but yet people still complain (yeah, mainly men lol)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..