Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2008, 13:45   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2 New Medical Centres?

just visited both of the 2 new medical centres, to pick prescriptions up,for the boss n meself, to be told at both- sorry we are closed come back tomorrow, the one on blackburn rd is apparently closed every wednesday for "Training" the "Pals" i never asked, the girl just said cant give it you come back tomorrow, the medication is not needed today as we have enough, but to me that is not my beef, i think its bloody ridiculous to have staff behind a counter telling you - ya cant have it today, the prescriptions were submitted monday morning so 48hrs is not the issue. some poor sod may need their medication n cannot get it, when the repeat was submitted in good time, i stupidly hoped things would improve a bit with these shiney new places- apparently NOT. absolute rubbish,pathetic. end of rant.
Old 19-03-2008, 13:48   #2
God Member

Re: 2 New Medical Centres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just visited both of the 2 new medical centres, to pick prescriptions up,for the boss n meself, to be told at both- sorry we are closed come back tomorrow, the one on blackburn rd is apparently closed every wednesday for "Training" the "Pals" i never asked, the girl just said cant give it you come back tomorrow, the medication is not needed today as we have enough, but to me that is not my beef, i think its bloody ridiculous to have staff behind a counter telling you - ya cant have it today, the prescriptions were submitted monday morning so 48hrs is not the issue. some poor sod may need their medication n cannot get it, when the repeat was submitted in good time, i stupidly hoped things would improve a bit with these shiney new places- apparently NOT. absolute rubbish,pathetic. end of rant.
Can prescriptions not be picked up at any pharmacy? Do you mean picking up the paper or the medication itself, I am a bit confused.

Either way though, you'd have thought the paper was ready to be picked up if its been 48hrs, I assume they were open within those 48hrs!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 14:05   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

picking up the actual prescription - the repeat being submitted 48 hrs previously,hope that explains. yes they have been open last 2 days, thing is also they close for easter.
Old 19-03-2008, 14:24   #4
God Member

Quote:
picking up the actual prescription - the repeat being submitted 48 hrs previously,hope that explains. yes they have been open last 2 days, thing is also they close for easter.
Yeah I think I get the idea, but to be truthful I'm too tired to actually think straight so i'm going to have a nap

I think it's pretty terrible that they don't have the prescription ready. Perhaps they'd take repeat prescriptions more seriously if so much money wasn't wasted on medication that wasn't actually needed. Not that you are, but many people do...

Definitely time to sleep before I offend someone with my rambling!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 14:27   #5
Give, give, give member

I agree, that is a total pain.

I've been caught out before, when a 'training day' means they're shut.

I now get them to fax my prescription through to the chemist, who then will deliver my drugs, if I'm unable to get there.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 14:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I agree, that is a total pain.

I've been caught out before, when a 'training day' means they're shut.

I now get them to fax my prescription through to the chemist, who then will deliver my drugs, if I'm unable to get there.
yeh i can live with "training" but to have a lass on the counter to explain ya cant have it, when its just as easy to give ya the bloody prescription i mean they are in alphabetical order,so its not rocket science.
Old 19-03-2008, 14:49   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
yeh i can live with "training" but to have a lass on the counter to explain ya cant have it, when its just as easy to give ya the bloody prescription i mean they are in alphabetical order,so its not rocket science.
Agreed.

That's absolutely daft.

A proper jobsworth mentality.

I'd have been tempted to create a disturbance, pop behind the desk, and grab the damn prescription myself.

Old 19-03-2008, 16:55   #8
Resting in Peace

I cracked that long time ago, (when I stopped driving to be exact) the doctor send the script to the chemists and they deliver, easy and I also say thankyou as well
Old 19-03-2008, 17:07   #9
God Member

I set up that delivery facility with the Lloyds chemist which is next door but one to my doc. I only use it when the weather is too bad to collect.

I put a repeat prescription request in the docs on a Monday
By Wednesday the weather had got really bad so I phoned the chemist,
and was told to expect delivery Friday.

At 5.20pm it hadn't arrived - phoned- and was told that delivery couldn't be made until Monday because 'it has only just arrived from the surgery'

I dont believe that!!!!

I had to ration out the few painkillers I had left - just glad that my life doesn't depend on them.

So Lloyds pharmacy delivery isn't reliable

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 17:51   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I set up that delivery facility with the Lloyds chemist which is next door but one to my doc. I only use it when the weather is too bad to collect.

I put a repeat prescription request in the docs on a Monday
By Wednesday the weather had got really bad so I phoned the chemist,
and was told to expect delivery Friday.

At 5.20pm it hadn't arrived - phoned- and was told that delivery couldn't be made until Monday because 'it has only just arrived from the surgery'

I dont believe that!!!!

I had to ration out the few painkillers I had left - just glad that my life doesn't depend on them.

So Lloyds pharmacy delivery isn't reliable
I use what used to be Emrics bottom of Chapel Street Mararet, they are first class, if they are having problems with delivery they ring you up and make sure you are not with any of your script drugs, I have had them for 12 years and never had one complaint
Old 19-03-2008, 17:59   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I use what used to be Emrics bottom of Chapel Street Mararet, they are first class, if they are having problems with delivery they ring you up and make sure you are not with any of your script drugs, I have had them for 12 years and never had one complaint

That's my chemist too. The service is first class.

Old 19-03-2008, 20:56   #12
Senior Member+

More than likely that your script hadn't been signed by the doctors or had been returned late by the surgery tbh Margaret, the chemists get them done as soon as they come in.
Old 19-03-2008, 22:41   #13
Loz

My disabled dad went in the other day to collect a perscription only to be greeted by a very rude nurse on the desk who said she couldn't give hin it because she wasn't authorised to hand them out!
My dad struggled to get there and was very low on his medication.
Surely if receptionists can hand them out nurses can?
Old 19-03-2008, 22:59   #14
God Member

Sounds like the staff have been overwhelmed by the grandeur of their surroundings and have forgotten that it was built to improve patient care.

I'm glad my doc hasn't gone to them

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 23:01   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

authorised to hand them out BALLCOCKS the receptionists have always handed em out. are they higher qualified than a nurse?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..