Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 23:14   #46
God Member

Re: A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rig

Ooops ... sorry, I hadn't realized that the question was rhetorical ... what a silly bunt I am
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2009, 23:22   #47
God Member

Re: A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Most of the people who live in trailer parks south of the Mason-Dixon line
Seeing as you're on a poetic binge tonight I was going to quote some Oliver Wendell Holmes poem from the civil war... but I've forgotten it.
The thought was there
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 00:21   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Seeing as you're on a poetic binge tonight I was going to quote some Oliver Wendell Holmes poem from the civil war... but I've forgotten it.
The thought was there
Thanx for the thought ... I'm not normally this poetic, but I'm sorting thro' my books, attempting to impose a little order .... and I can't resist turning a few pages
Old 27-02-2009, 00:47   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Thanx for the thought ... I'm not normally this poetic, but I'm sorting thro' my books, attempting to impose a little order .... and I can't resist turning a few pages
Ah! Turning over a new leaf,Well done.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 00:53   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Ah! Turning over a new leaf,Well done.
Oh yes ... groaners ... love 'em. Jokes like this make me feel right a tome
Old 27-02-2009, 02:18   #51
God Member

Turkish delight seems to have been ignored by you Claytonender?

Can you guarantee that policies such as 4 week holiday are going to be abolished? Or is this simply a long awaited movement of decision making power to a British Government? Isn't it about a time we decided our own laws, rather than having an unelected body in Europe make them? I hope you agree with me on democracy.
Old 27-02-2009, 03:40   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

Can you guarantee that policies such as 4 week holiday are going to be abolished? Or is this simply a long awaited movement of decision making power to a British Government? Isn't it about a time we decided our own laws, rather than having an unelected body in Europe make them? I hope you agree with me on democracy.
Who's laws are we talking about Andrew? .. Tory laws ? the old unwritten laws that lets men die working in unsafe jobs for the sake of profits... wake up man...these laws are in place to ensure that employers don't have to pay out massive amounts to people injured at work and such... i'ts not about workers taking liberties it boils down to ensuring everyone knowns were they stand as basic security for employers and the people they employ....there is no "us and them" in this.....
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 07:37   #53
Super Moderator

Quote:
Isn't it about a time we decided our own laws, rather than having an unelected body in Europe make them? I hope you agree with me on democracy.
...and I hope you agree with ME that we should pull out of the whole EU disaster...but, then again, that's not Tory policy, is it?
Old 27-02-2009, 07:49   #54

Quote:

As Rindi kindly answered her question about which unions the email was from I didn't think I needed to reply. Also as I don't have her email address I can't forward on the email, but is she contacts me at my HBC email address - which is [email protected] I will very happy to forward her the email.

Pardon me for my ignorance, but I was under the impression that every 5 years we elected MEP - in fact there is an election on 4 June . I am sure you will be voting for Arlene McCarthy Brian Simpson and Teresa Griffin.

Incidentally I did get to meet your mother last night at Full Council and the Labour Group put forward a fully costed budget (approved by the Chief Financial Officier) which would have ment Hyndburn's council's tax rising by 2.9% and the overall coucil tax bill by 3.05%. The Tory budget was for a 4.9% rise in Hyndburn's share of the Council Tax and overall a rise of 3.35%

Last edited by claytonender; 27-02-2009 at 07:54.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 08:02   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
As Rindi kindly answered her question about which unions the email was from I didn't think I needed to reply. Also as I don't have her email address I can't forward on the email, but is she contacts me at my HBC email address - which is [email protected] I will very happy to forward her the email.
As you say, I thought I'd answered that particular demand.

Though that remained unacknowledged.

Perhaps like other things, she just didn't see it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 08:34   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post

Pardon me for my ignorance, but I was under the impression that every 5 years we elected MEP - in fact there is an election on 4 June . I am sure you will be voting for Arlene McCarthy Brian Simpson and Teresa Griffin.

Well that's nice of you to ignore her question, and then ignore mine. I'll quote what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb
Yes Wynonie Harris I agree with you, Europe is very damaging for us, and we need to start deciding our own laws. The Conservative party are simply not tough enough on Europe, they need to do much more. Claytonender shows her ignorance by believing electing MEP's means anything. MEP's cannot have a mandate, they do not initiate legislation, that is the role of unelected bureaucrats who are accountable to nobody, and have not had their finances accepted by the audit office for 12 years running. What a shambles it is.

Bring our laws back home to Britain, bring decision making back to Britain, bring democracy back to Britain.
Old 27-02-2009, 09:31   #57

Quote:
Well that's nice of you to ignore her question, and then ignore mine. I'll quote what I said:.
As I was rather busy last night I only saw the one question from turkishdelight - the one about which union I had got the email from - which Rindy answered.

However the title of this thread was - 'A quick question - who wants to take away the legal guarantee protecting your rights' which I asked for peoples views on. I posted the full context of the email (which included links tot he TULO website - where anyone could view the backing information).

And in case you are unclear my personal views are that any future Tory government would revert to type and 'screw' the workers as they have always done for centuries. The current Tory leadership are a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Maybe when you are older you will have more experience of life and will not just talk out of your backside.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 10:57   #58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes Wynonie Harris I agree with you, Europe is very damaging for us, and we need to start deciding our own laws. The Conservative party are simply not tough enough on Europe, they need to do much more. Claytonender shows her ignorance by believing electing MEP's means anything. MEP's cannot have a mandate, they do not initiate legislation, that is the role of unelected bureaucrats who are accountable to nobody, and have not had their finances accepted by the audit office for 12 years running. What a shambles it is.

Bring our laws back home to Britain, bring decision making back to Britain, bring democracy back to Britain.
Quite right, democracy is a dirty word in the Brussels parliament. That's why the Irish are being made to vote on the treaty again, because they got the wrong answer last time (they rejected it). So much for the will of the people! As for the corruption and waste in the EU, it's a scandal which far outweighs anything in this country, but, of course, those who support the EU blithely choose to ignore it.
Old 27-02-2009, 11:13   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right, democracy is a dirty word in the Brussels parliament. That's why the Irish are being made to vote on the treaty again, because they got the wrong answer last time (they rejected it). So much for the will of the people! As for the corruption and waste in the EU, it's a scandal which far outweighs anything in this country, but, of course, those who support the EU blithely choose to ignore it.
Democracy in Brussels never seems to sprout any green shoots Wynonie, like you said the Irish are being asked to vote again until they get the right result, mind you we didn't even get a vote to get it wrong in the first place
Old 01-03-2009, 02:39   #60
God Member

hey lets get back to the "good Old Tory Victorian days"...
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..