Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2005, 14:50   #1
Resting in Peace

Accyweb member

Yet another accyweb member gets in the paper hehe sorry shortstuff.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JEN.jpg (169.2 KB, 61 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2005, 15:45   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Accyweb member

What's Shortstuff been up to lately. I haven't seen her on here in a while.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 15:46   #3
Resting in Peace

she will be back just got a new pc
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 15:53   #4
mez
God Member

i know how she feels having had damage done to various cars over the past 8yrs . it has cost me a small fortune,twice ive reported my car being taken whilst on the phone to the police, the theives were actually still messing & was able to give them a description, but cos i couldn't see their faces nothing happened, & of course the police took well over an hour to get here so i sympthise with shortstuff &sorry to say dont expect much from the police.
Old 15-02-2005, 17:24   #5

The police didn't do so bad on Sunday night, they were on Devonshire Street within minutes of making the phone call. But to late to do anything.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 17:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Yet another accyweb member gets in the paper hehe sorry shortstuff.........
hi just geting to no my way round
slaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 21:41   #7
Junior Member+

What was happening on Devonshire ST Sara ?and which block of houses? it used to be a safe area round here until certain neighbours moved near me
loubielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 23:44   #8
I am Banned

the polices response is laughable

check cctv in the area what a joke there isnt any covering devonshire street etc and the vandals know this too infact i highly doubt they would care if there was as all that would happen would be a caution if caught

i realy wouldnt blame anyone for taking the law into their own hands and kicking these vandals butts as its somthing their parents obviously dont do ar care to do
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2005, 23:49   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubielou
What was happening on Devonshire ST Sara ?and which block of houses? it used to be a safe area round here until certain neighbours moved near me
i agree same problem here

we just had a chav family move in near here and so far nothing but trouble

i agree this area is nice but unfortunatly people dont care who they rent houses to and we get stuck with whatever put in them

dont get me wrong i have rented property in the past but i always respected the people around me unlike these people who sit at home all day drawing benefits while their kids destroy decent hard working peoples property
Old 16-02-2005, 09:20   #10
Senior Member+

I noticed the last sentence about the police reassuring people.

Reassuring them of what, exactly? That they can expect more of the same?

This seems to be a recurring problem in Accy - either wing mirrors being ripped off cars, or cars being scratched, and from what I have seen on here, nothing seems to be done about it.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 15:14   #11

Quote:
Hi loubielou, it was the top and middle block. Not right sure about the bottom block. Really annoyed, had to pay out just over £100 this morning.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 19:32   #12
Junior Member+

We live near the bottom like i said our car was done too sounds like we got off lightly it was only 20 quid for a new one from the scrap yard.

We most definatly need some sort of CCTV around here the robbers are getting that cheeky and cocky just before christmas in the middle of the night while me my husband a baby were in bed we got robbed and the robbing gits got in the front door whilst it was locked and it's double glazed they got out with quite a bit of stuff including a massive 42 inch telly we never heard them never mind the neighbours.

The worse thing is we know who did it the police have the gloves they were wearing and a footprint but all that has happened is 1 girl got a conditional discharge for handling stolen goods because they were stupid enough to try and Pawn my charm bracelet on peel st the same day they robbed us.........they may be quiet but they certainly are stupid
Old 16-02-2005, 19:39   #13
I am Banned

Thing is tho Chav u'd have to have CCTV up on every st, i sympathise with those that have had damage done by vandals. The police need v good evidence to get pass the cps, the amount of cctv evidence that is classed no good, it has to be clear n concise to the crime committed or they chuck it out n theres no deterant to stop vandals u send em inside to learn burgulary it seems theres not much rehabilitation.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 17:47   #14
I am Banned

Quote:

The worse thing is we know who did it the police have the gloves they were wearing and a footprint but all that has happened is 1 girl got a conditional discharge for handling stolen goods because they were stupid enough to try and Pawn my charm bracelet on peel st the same day they robbed us.........they may be quiet but they certainly are stupid
its a pitty we cant name and shame the people especialy as they got caught so theres no denial of guilt

then again you would probably get into more trouble than what they did for actualy doing the crime
Old 19-02-2005, 10:17   #15
Junior Member+

I know i would end up in court being charged with something or other. What makes it worse is they live 3 doors up from me they know who we are they watched us for god knows how long and they walk past my house every single day it gets me so mad no we work hard for our stuff and scum just come in and take what they fancy the good thing is they know who we are but they dont know i know who they are.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..